View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: This Rat business is becoming expensive   This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 4:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Two years ago our renovation builder placed plasterboard on most of our walls to hide the run of the new electrics and the central heating system. Unfortunately rats keep getting behind it all and run about and generally make a noise and start upsetting our dogs who go mad when they hear them. So off to the DIY store and I come back with a rat trap which is duly installed in the utility room where we know they appear, next day the bait had gone and so had the rat trap, can't find it anywhere! So with this in mind I trundled off to the DIY store once again and bought some rat poison pellets which I put in a Tuppeware dish and guess what . . . they stole the Tupperware dish!!!

What next I ask myself?

This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 794030042 This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 794030042 This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 6:33 pm

Itcy where are the rats coming from - surly they can't be in the walls :This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 3897195628: Is your house made of mud and straw - Baba Ginka tells me the live in these old houses her house is over 100 years old but she has 6 cats but still get mice in the roof.

Shame you can't find the nest............ What is drawng them to your property
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 11:06 am

oddball wrote:
Itcy where are the rats coming from - surly they can't be in the walls :This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 3897195628: Is your house made of mud and straw - Baba Ginka tells me the live in these old houses her house is over 100 years old but she has 6 cats but still get mice in the roof.

The rats are in our barn attached to the house and then coming into our roof, into the plasterboard walls and around the house. Another one in the trap this morning! Don't know what draws them to our house, it can't be money!!!!!!!!!!

This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 794030042 This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 794030042 This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 1:26 pm

itchyfeet wrote:
oddball wrote:

The rats are in our barn attached to the house and then coming into our roof, into the plasterboard walls and around the house. Another one in the trap this morning! Don't know what draws them to our house, it can't be money!!!!!!!!!!

Bet it you playing them pipes :Kilt: This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 1865348797
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2014 6:40 pm

Would you believe it! - our rat pinched the soap out of the bowl in our bathroom last night. I wish it was carbolic soap, he could wash his mouth well out with that!!!

This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 794030042 This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 794030042 This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 794030042 This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 4:19 pm

The latest rodent count is 33 rodents caught and dealt with, maybe we will come to the end of them soon. Perhaps if I played my :Kilt:we may see a rat ensemble dancing the eightsome reel on the lawn. That would be sight to see!

Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 4:35 pm

itchyfeet wrote:
The latest rodent count is 33 rodents caught and dealt with, maybe we will come to the end of them soon. Perhaps if I played my :Kilt:we may see a rat ensemble dancing the eightsome reel on the lawn. That would be sight to see!

Oh that might work g This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 2706089290 Don't forget the photos......

Dougie told me he saw a rat at the far end of our garden the other day. Paniced so put some mouse and rat posion all round the area. Today 3 cats turned up in our garden I am wondering why! Would that mean there are rats around??? or are they just hungary?
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 9:33 am

A biggun in the trap this morning, our dog Gabby will be polishing it off later!

This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 570106603 This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 570106603 This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 570106603
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Senior user
Senior user
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 8:57 am

Well would you believe yesterday got in the car and drove down the road to the shop, when all of sudden the car just stopped and would not re start, friend of ours towed it to the garage for us, I am thinking oh god this is probably going to be expensive. When the guy looked at it, would you believe, there is a rubber pump thing on a diesel that pumps the diesel best way to explain it (as I have no about engines) a rat had chewed through this, you could see the teeth marks. I suppose it would not seem so terrible if we did not use the car for sometime and it had just been standing but we use it everyday. I have to say that this year is the worst that I have seen for rats in over 15 years and they are doing so much damage. This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Our neighbour Bernard gave us some apples and suggested we put them in our barn so that the sunlight doesn't harm them. This morning I noticed that the rats have been eating them, needless to say the apples will be on their way to the tip next week.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 2:22 pm

itchyfeet wrote:
Our neighbour Bernard gave us some apples and suggested we put them in our barn so that the sunlight doesn't harm them. This morning I noticed that the rats have been eating them, needless to say the apples will be on their way to the tip next week.

Mybe you could put the poision pellets in the apples.... They are bound to stay around where the food is.
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Senior user
Senior user
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 2:40 pm

The big problem with putting the poison down is that it attracts the vermin to it, so its a bit of a catch 22 situation This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Rat business is becoming expensive   This Rat business is becoming expensive - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Rat business is becoming expensive

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3