Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 5:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Where is the best place to look for rental properties and what are the normal regulations if different from everywhere else?

I'd like to rent so I can have a look round for something to buy, but although I would require more flexibilty because, hopefully, buying wouldn't take me too long and tying up to a rental contract for 6 months or a year would seem a bit of a waste.

Slightly problematic in that when you look for places to rent on the web it comes up with mainly holiday homes...
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
ch85st1

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:20 pm

sent you a PM
Back to top Go down
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 3:49 pm

Responded!

Have to laugh - looking at one at the minute and it says 'property is electrified.' HAHAHA, thinks I - then I look at the photos of the wiring and think that maybe the joke would be on me?
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 4:11 pm

weasle wrote:
Responded!

Have to laugh - looking at one at the minute and it says 'property is electrified.' HAHAHA, thinks I - then I look at the photos of the wiring and think that maybe the joke would be on me?

I think you'll find that's normal! Along with sockets which pull out of the wall with the plug! Rentals? - Page 3 1865348797
Sara
Back to top Go down
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Note to self: Wear rubber soled boots at all times!
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 4:26 pm

weasle wrote:
Thanks for your honesty!

I've sort of given up trying to search by specific location because I can't remember the names of places - I'm finding houses I like and then looking at the location and discounting them.
What I find very useful and not just in situations like this, (but all the time) is to open a Excel worksheet, name the columns across something like.

A = Marks out of 10 (maybe with 10 being fantastic)
B = Area/Province
C = Price
D = Condition (Marks out of 10, 1 being in bad condition)
E = Link (Copy and paste any links from the Internet Site/Page for easy access later) Once pasted, if you click the end of it it converts it into a 'Hyperlink' which makes it easier to use later for going back to the page, because you just click the link.

I think you understand what I mean, then later (much later) you can either remove or review your information.

Also if you use the Excel sort filter (Filter >
Auto Filter) no not the normal one, you can sort and narrow all your input down to what could be the ideal property for yourself. (Just remember to select the 'ALL' names when not using the filter or they stay hidden)
Back to top Go down
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 4:28 pm

Yes, you are probably quite right - I'm getting myself in a right old knot here.
And then tomorrow comes and I've forgotten everything I thought I'd remember!
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 4:33 pm

I contacted a seller yesterday to ask if there was a lift in the block of flats, he replied saying 'Let me know which airport and I pick you up'
Although I did put 'Elevator' also next to the word lift as in (Lift/Elevator)

Actually it was more of a enquiry just to find out if these blocks of flats have lifts or not, although I would not have like to be walking up I think about 10 flights of stairs.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Amusing post on a serious subject Phil, but I've been searching for a new/used car and found sellers listing a 'cooker' as being fitted..or even a 'stove'! Here was me trying to picture an ARGA in the boot..but they meant a heater.

Sorry I've drifted off topic..my bad.
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks baz for bringing us back on topic.

I'm still surprised no one yet has mentioned a 'rough price' for what rentals could be.
Yes no doubt there might be prices in some of the links, but is it too much to ask for someone to post ball-park figures.

And I'm sorry I don't mean holiday type prices, but long term prices, cut to the bone.

Or is this like a illuminate where everything has to be said in secret?
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 6:37 pm

If you use Sofia as a base the Easyjet hotel is not to expensive [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 1024182504
When I was looking to buy back in 2007 I visited and traveled around the country five times in ten months. I kept a lookout for the best prices for flights and jumped on a plane for a couple of days visit, that included BA flights then. I must admit we had done some homework before hand and eliminated certain area's which included all of the Black Coast
Back to top Go down
cherifa
Junior user
Junior user

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 10:07 am

in our area, if you rent from a bulgarian then it's between 350 Lev to 700 Lev it depends of the location and the size of the apt all the links i posted for you have all Bulgaria so go to where you want to rent and find one from a Bulgarian owner
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 11:03 am

cherifa wrote:
in our area, if you rent from a bulgarian then it's between 350 Lev to 700 Lev it depends of the location and the size of the apt all the links i posted for you have all Bulgaria so go to where you want to rent and find one from a Bulgarian owner

Good heavens Cherifa. our teachers and van drivers here in Silistra only earn between 300 and 400 lev a month salary. Renting seems very high how do people live.. :Rentals? - Page 3 3897195628:
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 1:11 pm

oddball wrote:
cherifa wrote:

Good heavens Cherifa. our teachers and van drivers here in Silistra only earn between 300 and 400 lev a month salary. Renting seems very high how do people live.. :Rentals? - Page 3 3897195628:
Now we are getting somewhere, oddball, (Sara) it seems to point that people can't afford to live which may explain why most are leaving.
But I have to agree even though I'm only guessing even 350 lev (£152) does seem a lot.

Still on topic but a slightly different subject with the T&
Cs on rental contracts (Lease), do they specify that the property has to be occupied for the duration and apart from 'normal' holidays should not be left empty for any long period of time.
Such as a person taking a long term rent but then only actually using it a few times a year etc, such as using it just as a holiday home as if you owned the property.
Because if a property was reasonably priced then it could be worth doing that to be able to store all their holiday requirements reasonably safely and just hop on a plane (or drive over) whenever they wanted to.
Back to top Go down
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:16 pm

It does seem a lot when you take average wages into consideration. Are a lot of Bulgarians leaving Bulgaria?

Also, houses for sale: Veliko Tarnovo region or Yambol region?
Yambol is the better weather....
Back to top Go down
Kazbegi
Junior user
Junior user

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:48 am

I think Phil-H and Chris give good advice. We were considering renting in order to spend time finding a property. However, we did a lot of research first on which area we thought we would like to live in, taking in considerations like distance to sea, proximity to nearest towns and airports and remoteness of the countryside. We then researched our chosen area as much as we could. As a result we took a fact finding trip to BG and started to look at villages and properties. I believe it is more important to spend time finding the right area before looking for the property. Therefore the hours I spent on the internet looking at houses were a bit of a waste of time. I had never heard of the village we have chosen and the house we are now buying wasn't even on the market at the time. We recently took a second trip back to be absolutely sure we were happy with our new venture before putting in an offer on the property.

All in all my advice would be to do as much research as you can and take a fact finding trip to BG and take it from there. I am sure that forum members will only be too happy to advise you on specific areas. After all, we have all been in the same boat at one point and from my point of view found it a very daunting task. Happy to say we now cant wait to move over and start work on our new home as I am sure you will once you have taken the plunge.

Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rentals? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rentals?   Rentals? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rentals?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next