HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria? Empty
PostSubject: Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria?   Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 8:51 pm

A newbie here ....

Is there one major provider for the net in Bulgaria or do you have to shop around on a regional basis? I clicked on a couple of the links in the mobile phone provider thread but they are both page not found.

And, is it expensive? Is it any good?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria?   Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 9:00 pm

Its a case of looking at the various companies and seeing what you prefer, I just tried all the links you are having probs with and they are all fine.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria?   Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 pm

weasle wrote:
A newbie here ....

Is there one major provider for the net in Bulgaria or do you have to shop around on a regional basis? I clicked on a couple of the links in the mobile phone provider thread but they are both page not found.

And, is it expensive? Is it any good?

You need to talk to the residents of the area you are living in order to confirm that you have a good signal. Many villages here suffer with poor coverage from Internet providers, it is also possible that the top of the village have good coverage and lower parts have nothing at all, so it is worth asking around before committing to a year's rental.
Back to top Go down
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria?   Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Thanks for that.
I'm now getting into the links but can't get the English speaking bit...maybe there is a problem at my end.

Oooh, what I'd give for a country that has a fabulous internet service (and France isn't it!)
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria?   Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 9:59 pm

Just tried the links and all go to English no problem so maybe it's your pc.
Back to top Go down
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria?   Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Yep, it looks like the problem is at my end.
I'll try again tomorrow when the pc has had a snooze.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria?   Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:37 am

Hi weasle

Welcome to the forum.

Please could you introduce yourself in the 'New Member Introductions' section so our other members can also welcome you to the forum.

Thanks
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria?   Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi Weasle - When you are considering buying in a village this is worthwhile checking. Mindya, just south of VT in a very scenic area with mountains all around and nearby villages, is now supplied by M-Tel. This is a very fast service because its fibre optic. We are on the direct route to the bigger town of Elena so our village was provided with this fast service whereas other villages on another road to VT is not connected and do not have such a fast and reliable service. There are now packages offered by Vivacom and Bulsatcom and Globul. The way to check coverage is to put the company SIM card in your mobile phone to see what reception you get. At least that is what I was told years ago by Vivacom. It really is down to trial and error but can make a big difference to your choice of village and position in it.
Back to top Go down
weasle
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria?   Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:42 pm

It looks like a nice area!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria?   Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Internet/phone service Providers in Bulgaria?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1