View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Winter tyres/chains - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Winter tyres/chains   Winter tyres/chains - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 12:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

We are confused!

I have been searching and asking about winter tyres. I know cars are supposed to have them fitted, but we have a 4x4 Nissan X-trail, and this is where I am confused. Some people/on-line information says you don't have to have winter tyres on a 4x4, others say you do. Asking in the village we just get "
we never have, you don't need to bother"
, neighbours don't drive so they don't know. Anyone know for definite...in simple terms? We like to be within the law, something that doesn't seem to bother a lot of ex-pats around here.

Also snow chains, I believe there is no law to say you should have them, but does anyone have them and are they easy to use?

Thanks, Sara
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Winter tyres/chains   Winter tyres/chains - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 8:29 am

"Winter" begins from 1 November
10.24.2015 / 20:08///Petal.bg

Just days remain to share "Winter" on the road. From 1 November police began mass checks of the tires, lights and condition of the vehicles transmit BTV.
Bulgaria is among the countries where winter tires are not mandatory, but recommended. There is a statutory requirement to the tread - it must be a minimum of 1.6 mm. A spate of serious accidents have resulted in a proposal putting winter tires become mandatory.

In metropolitan service now pass more than 30 cars per day. Changing the tires out of 50 lev for older and cheaper models to 700-800 lev for the newest and most powerful machines. Masters are adamant that winter tires should be mandatory.

"The rubber having a good coefficient of friction that helps us to have less stopping distance when braking and better traction in the turns," said Kostadin Yankov, manager of a center for tires.

Traicho Bozhilov is a professional driver for 25 years. Changes and summer and winter tires with brand new each season, because he knew from experience what role play in road safety. "It is important because the tire saves lives. But above all, what is a man's head. He makes like 120 in winter is dangerous, that's a lot," he explained.

Police offers driving with winter tires are mandatory from November 1 to March 1, yet the idea debated in parliament.

From next Sunday police began fined for worn tires and defective lights. If your car does not meet the requirements winter may bring a fine of 50 to 200 lev.

If you have not yet changed their winter tires, the Board of gumadzhiynitsite to sign up soon, because the times for coming weeks are already filled.
Back to top Go down
Trev62
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Winter tyres/chains   Winter tyres/chains - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 1:57 pm

justbazz wrote:
Snow chains are a permanent component in the boot of my wifes little Toyota Yaris...to comply with the law during winter...she doesn't have to fit them; only carry them!!

So.....................still being confused, after I fit my winter tyres this week to my 4x4 do I need to carry a set of snow chains as well?

Apologies for being a bit thick on this subject but no one seems to be able to give me a Yes or No answer.
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user
justbazz

PostSubject: subject   Winter tyres/chains - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Very few modern 4x4s are capable of being driven with snow chains fitted...major damage can be expected if you don't have them on all four wheels...your owners handbook usually contains info on this aspect.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been stopped and inspected a few times in the past and have NEVER been asked about snowchains in either of my 4x4s.
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Winter tyres/chains   Winter tyres/chains - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 6:48 am

From the news and local newspaper,

From 1 November Traffic starts share whether drivers have prepared their cars for the winter. Checks will be massive, but the goal is the cars to be in good condition for the upcoming cold season.

One of the main things that traffic police will inspect whether the cars are equipped with winter tires, announced BNR chief of the capital's traffic police Tencho Tenev. The paradox is that in our country the law has not yet been written that winter cars must run with tires designed for the season. All according to Bulgarian legislation, the requirement is not to be tread depth less than 2 mm. However, the properties of winter tires make them much more suitable for driving at low temperatures.

In addition to tires, traffic police will inspect vehicles for faulty lights - headlights, gauges, indicators, wipers, and stakloumivashtite devices (nozzles) explains Tanev. He did not disclose whether the officers will be fined drivers, if not flawless or not. In such shares that are held every year so far generally only initial police warned drivers to cater better for your car for the winter season.

source - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winter tyres/chains   Winter tyres/chains - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter tyres/chains

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3