Opinions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Opinions   Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:34 am

It has sometimes been suggested that members don't tolerate opinions that do not agree with theirs. In other words, someone is opinionated. Maybe its the way a comment is worded that makes people think this and I know I may sometimes have been guilty of this. Wording is easily misinterpretted on the internet. However, expressing an opinion, however strong, encourages debate. If someone can give a good reply its possible to be swayed to their point of view. Debate is surely the life blood of a forum. The old homily with married couples is quote:'' Í discuss and you argue! ' An opinionated person is someone who brooks no discussion or argument at all and it is a shame when this can immediately end an otherwise lively topic. So your thoughts please - discuss...... :Opinions 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions   Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:48 am

I do know my own mind (mostly) and do have strong opinions, but I tend to be diplomatic if I don't agree with someone as I am totally non-argumentative. If things get too heavy I will avoid getting involved. If someone disagrees with something I know is right, I will put my argument as clearly as possible then bow out.

Wimpy maybe, but I can't argue with someone I can't see and don't know. Face to face is different.

I'm all for discussion though, or I wouldn't be member to several forums.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions   Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:46 am

oldun wrote:
It has sometimes been suggested that members don't tolerate opinions that do not agree with theirs. In other words, someone is opinionated. Maybe its the way a comment is worded that makes people think this and I know I may sometimes have been guilty of this. Wording is easily misinterpretted on the internet. However, expressing an opinion, however strong, encourages debate. If someone can give a good reply its possible to be swayed to their point of view. Debate is surely the life blood of a forum. The old homily with married couples is quote:'' Í discuss and you argue! ' An opinionated person is someone who brooks no discussion or argument at all and it is a shame when this can immediately end an otherwise lively topic. So your thoughts please - discuss...... :Opinions 1931734156:

oldun, As I have said a number of times in the past I like reading your posts/topics because you speak your mind which I for one have appreciated
You and I have shared a number of topics in the past and felt that the content has been rewarded by the number of pages and replies
I think a lot of opinions are down to attitude and mentality. I am one of the members who has not had the best of times in Bulgaria, so I probably winge to much for some people, who may take offense but that is their prerogative, and I accept that.
:Handshake:My motto is, you only get out of people what you are prepared to put into them :Opinions 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions   Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:55 am

I would just like to say in my opinion , [size=150:31ov4665]I am not saying I am right but I am never wrong Opinions 2706089290 Opinions 3367882216
Now beat that Willow Opinions 3023850720
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions   Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 12:14 pm

oddball wrote:
I would just like to say in my opinion , [size=150:3dkzq7p9]I am not saying I am right but I am never wrong Opinions 2706089290 Opinions 3367882216
Now beat that Willow Opinions 3023850720
We all know that oddball Opinions 1865348797 :Clap:I see that you are making good use of that new dongle g
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions   Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 6:04 pm

My late Mum used to say.."
if you are agueing with an idiot, just make sure he's not doing the same!"
Back to top Go down
expatinchina
Junior user
Junior user

Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions   Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 10:47 pm

I tend to comply with the unwritten rule of social media that if you don't have anything positive to contribute/post, don't. For every 1 post I make on the interwebs, there are probably 10 that get written, re-read, and deleted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opinions   Opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1