View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Sad News Empty
PostSubject: Sad News   Sad News Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Sad News. It is very sad when we read about the loss of life and the link below points out how dangerous the sea can be
I just wondered if a Full Moon had anything to do with so many fatalities in the Black Sea at this time of year
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user
Edna Bira

Sad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad News   Sad News Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:21 am

Most of these deaths occurred on unguarded beaches apparently. Yesterday, after being in the Rodopi for a week, i was desperate to get into the sea again at Burgas Beach, to my surprise there was a red flag although the sea was flat and calm with just the odd breakers rolling in. The Lifeguards were allowing adults into the water so off i swam out about 50-60 meters, but when turned to come back to shore you could feel the tremendous pull out into the sea, I've never in 10 years felt such a rip on this beach and could imagine how a poor or non swimmer could easily get into diificulty. At first glance the beach, in a large tideless bay, wouldn't be effected by such a rip-tide (if that's the correct description) which poosibibly gives a false sense of security/safety.
I did read in another article that most tof the fatalities on the coast are foreigners or natives from inland on Holiday.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Sad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad News   Sad News Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 11:29 am

Edna Bira wrote:
Most of these deaths occurred on unguarded beaches apparently. Yesterday, after being in the Rodopi for a week, i was desperate to get into the sea again at Burgas Beach, to my surprise there was a red flag although the sea was flat and calm with just the odd breakers rolling in. The Lifeguards were allowing adults into the water so off i swam out about 50-60 meters, but when turned to come back to shore you could feel the tremendous pull out into the sea, I've never in 10 years felt such a rip on this beach and could imagine how a poor or non swimmer could easily get into diificulty. At first glance the beach, in a large tideless bay, wouldn't be effected by such a rip-tide (if that's the correct description) which poosibibly gives a false sense of security/safety.
I did read in another article that most tof the fatalities on the coast are foreigners or natives from inland on Holiday.

Sad News 3356871870 T
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Sad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad News   Sad News Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 4:43 pm

After observing the behaviour of large number of swimmers at Sozopol and Kiten recently, I'm not really surprised. In one incident, a very large, cocky Russian guy was seen and heard threatening two lifeguards after they blew the whistle on him when he ventured too far out. His language was from the gutter and the threats were very serious..even his fellow countrymen were shaking their heads.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Sad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad News   Sad News Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:13 pm

This is very sad news from a villa in Turkey. Does any member on this forum know this area
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... -24032173#
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sad News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sad News   Sad News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sad News

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1