View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

So this is Britain - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:46 am

First topic message reminder :

I think it is fair to say that most of the Bulgarians who are successful in finding employment in the UK are working in the hotel/catering business
but of course there are the hand car wash business that have open up in many disused properties and back yards
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 12:14 pm

Scunnered wrote:
We don't need a forum that is full of people sniping at each other. Life is hard enough as it is!
Come on folks, lets keep the forum a place to help each other and give friendly advice if asked.
Of course everyone has different opinions, but that doesn't mean we should put up with nasty or snide comments.
It should be a friendly site, and must be one that we are happy to log into, whether or not we agree with someone else's opinion. c

:Good post:I totally agree T
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:05 pm

As with many different nationalities, people living, sleeping and cooking all in the same room is by no means nothing new and should not be portrayed as being new just to collectively save money to send home, you only have to look at some of the properties for sale on certain websites to see this for yourself, the problem is that we westerners have gotten used to 'much smaller' rooms that also require less heating so can therefore afford to have a room of our own, whereas most people who tend to live in a communal situation I think you will find are a lot more friendlier also, 'lets face it, they have to be with all living in the one room'
But I'm not saying this is the norm or even the same with every eastern family.
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 1:47 pm

your right Phil living in one room is no hardship as long as every one puts their stuff away after they have used it and they are all clean. How many of our parents started life in one or two room and most grand parents did. It goes on all over the world.
Hec when we go away in our campervan we are doing just that living in one room plus the shower/loo room.
Westerners like me have to reflect and realise how lucky we are we have far to much these days.
s
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Well said Chrissybg. So this is Britain - Page 3 3356871870 Westerners are for the most part spoilt and don't realise how lucky they are. That is largely down to advertising hype that is constantly saying that you need this and that product. You don't! Having lived a very primitive life over the last 25 years (according to western standards) I have come to realise how little is necessary to live a happy life. Bulgarians going abroad to find work is nothing new and good luck to them. Many will return to their homeland when they can because that is their roots and I am the same.
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 5:49 pm

your right olden the pull of our native land will always have a pull. friends family familier places and language
we both hope that when you reach England you will keep in touch and let us all know how it is for you settling in again after all this time. After all it is ten years now since we left we have the pull some times but we haven't sucummed to it yet Have a safe journey back to England hope it is all you hope for xxx s
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 7:44 pm

I must be the strangest person on this planet..I left home on Australia Day 1964, when I was almost 16 years old.. three years later I was flying a helicopter in a war zone, transporting dead and injured soldiers to a place of safety..I did that for two years, then moved to another country in trouble.
Putting all this stuff behind me, I found another little corner of this wonderful earth which had need of my skills..not once, then, or since, have I missed or needed the country of my birth. I go where my heart takes me..In this case it happens to be Bulgaria: the one who stole my heart sleeps beside me, my kindred spirit talks to me sometimes when need each other and my friends on this forum know who they are. Love and language have never been a barrier to me. I once spent almost six weeks concealed under a concrete bridge in a very unpleasant and dangerous place with my co- pilot, after being shot down, but I can't recall ever wishing I was home in the country where I was born.

My heart and my home is here..in Bulgaria.

Rant over..sorry if it offends any of you .
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 8:04 pm

bgbazz wrote:

Certainly not. Great post and thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 3:58 am

bgbazz wrote:
I must be the strangest person on this planet..I left home on Australia Day 1964, when I was almost 16 years old.. three years later I was flying a helicopter in a war zone, transporting dead and injured soldiers to a place of safety..I did that for two years, then moved to another country in trouble.
Putting all this stuff behind me, I found another little corner of this wonderful earth which had need of my skills..not once, then, or since, have I missed or needed the country of my birth. I go where my heart takes me..In this case it happens to be Bulgaria: the one who stole my heart sleeps beside me, my kindred spirit talks to me sometimes when need each other and my friends on this forum know who they are. Love and language have never been a barrier to me. I once spent almost six weeks concealed under a concrete bridge in a very unpleasant and dangerous place with my co- pilot, after being shot down, but I can't recall ever wishing I was home in the country where I was born.

My heart and my home is here..in Bulgaria.

Call me soppy, maybe I'm tired, but I'm sitting here with a tear in my eye. Thanks for that post Bazz.

Sara
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 7:05 am

thanks for that bgbazz H s
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:34 pm

:Good post:Bgbazz. I have felt the same as you for years but now I feel its time to return. Its not homesickness because, like you, my home is where my heart is and have never suffered from homesickness although my adventures have not been as brave as yours. Not sure if I am doing the right thing but I am also caring about my Hero because although he has found work out here he has no safety net of any description should I suddenly die. Although he has been nearer death then me out here! Many things affect our choices in life if we are lucky enough to have choices. I am sure that the honest Bulgarians who choose to move to another country for work are going for the right reasons and if they decide to return to their roots what is wrong with that? Many nationalities are doing the same and in my youth when the idea of a united Europe was first talked about I thought it wonderful that we could all travel withing that community to work. The idealism of youth and who would have predicted the downsides to this Utopia? Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I am proud that Britain is so multcultural but sad that their are those who have taken advantage of Britains welcome and got us into the sad situation where there is increasingly little space to house everyone. We trust government to make the decisions to keep things on track and sadly, we seem to have lost the leaders needed to do the job. Hence the party lines are blurred and people confused so much that apathy reigns and end up not voting at all. In other countries it is illegal not to vote and alcohol is banned on voting day for obvious reasons. At least there is then a fairer decision on who is voted in. Its not perfect of course because of vote rigging and corruption but thats another story.
This is a very good debate and I wish that there was more publicity given in Britain to the views of people like us on this forum who have lived and worked abroad and therefore have a possibly more balanced view of the problem. At least we know that most Bulgarians are decent and hardworking and not all work shy spongers about to abuse Britain's hospitality.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Original post bounced back to top as I am pleased to see that my topic has got back on track and has become an interesting debate.
[size=150:15j4qawu]So this is Britain

Postby willowsend ยป 15 Aug 2013 08:46
I think it is fair to say that most of the Bulgarians who are successful in finding employment in the UK are working in the hotel/catering business
but of course there are the hand car wash business that have open up in many disused properties and back yards
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Edited by Admin..Lets now stay on topic without the need to go over the past issues please g
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 12:57 pm

oldun wrote:
So this is Britain - Page 3 3356871870 Bgbazz. I have felt the same as you for years but now I feel its time to return. Its not homesickness because, like you, my home is where my heart is and have never suffered from homesickness although my adventures have not been as brave as yours. Not sure if I am doing the right thing but I am also caring about my Hero because although he has found work out here he has no safety net of any description should I suddenly die. Although he has been nearer death then me out here! Many things affect our choices in life if we are lucky enough to have choices. I am sure that the honest Bulgarians who choose to move to another country for work are going for the right reasons and if they decide to return to their roots what is wrong with that? Many nationalities are doing the same and in my youth when the idea of a united Europe was first talked about I thought it wonderful that we could all travel withing that community to work. The idealism of youth and who would have predicted the downsides to this Utopia? Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I am proud that Britain is so multcultural but sad that their are those who have taken advantage of Britains welcome and got us into the sad situation where there is increasingly little space to house everyone. We trust government to make the decisions to keep things on track and sadly, we seem to have lost the leaders needed to do the job. Hence the party lines are blurred and people confused so much that apathy reigns and end up not voting at all. In other countries it is illegal not to vote and alcohol is banned on voting day for obvious reasons. At least there is then a fairer decision on who is voted in. Its not perfect of course because of vote rigging and corruption but thats another story.
This is a very good debate and I wish that there was more publicity given in Britain to the views of people like us on this forum who have lived and worked abroad and therefore have a possibly more balanced view of the problem. At least we know that most Bulgarians are decent and hardworking and not all work shy spongers about to abuse Britain's hospitality.

:Good post:As usual oldun you have come up with a cracking reply T
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2013 1:03 pm

Aaahhh, my kindred spirit speaking words of wisdom. I agree with all that you have written, except the brave bit..it was just another job after all is said and done.
I wish you and your hero all the very best for the future, but knowing you for the survivor that you are, I'm sure things will go very well for you both.

g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   So this is Britain - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So this is Britain

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3