AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: New Motorway   Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

We went to Burgas today and timed the trip back to Yambol g

Burgas Center to Yambol Center 50 Minutes g

But beware there are no services until you reach the outskirts of Chirpan/ Plodiv

There is a layby just after the Karnabat turn off marked as an area with Toilets but none to be seen not even a bucket

AuthorMessage
tedthered
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Sofia to Burgas   Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:00 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Sofia to Burgas in a little over 2 hours..I'd like to see you that legally! It's actually about 330 kms.

I thought we were talking about Burgas to Plovdiv?

Even though the heading says Sofia to Burgas

Cheers

Ted the Red

I made a mistake once, I thought I had made a mistake, but I was wrong
Back to top Go down
http://malandtedfromravda.com/
Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Sofia to Burgas   Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:16 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Sofia to Burgas in a little over 2 hours..I'd like to see you that legally! It's actually about 330 kms.

Yep, i agree with Ted, you did mention Plovdiv as your destination.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: New Motorway   Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:39 pm

Might help if you went back to my post and read the last three lines.
Back to top Go down
Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: New Motorway   Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:58 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Might help if you went back to my post and read the last three lines.
I have, and that motorway (Plovdiv to sofia) is not new, it's 30 years old at least and it has rest facilities and Fuel stops so your point is not valid. Anyway enough of this nit-picking.
Back to top Go down
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: New Motorway   Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:25 pm

We tried a comparison of the old road from our village (near Karlova) to Pomorie (near Burgas) with the motorway. The time taken was about the same, although the old road is shorter in distance, the difference in speed makes up the difference.
We used the old road going and it was fairly clear with no obvious smokey old ladas or lorries (maybe we were just lucky), and we could keep up a reasonable average speed. I noticed a number of the garages and stop offs were closed ( I guess due to the motorway).
We used the motorway coming back, and although as stated there was only laybys with portable toilets in them, we had no need to use them. I actually quit like the motorway as the scenery is good, and obviously we could keep up a higher cruising speed, only getting passed by mainly shiny black cars with Sofia registration (although 1 very nice corvette stingray shot passed us).We did make a mistake coming off 1 junction too early but after doing the normal Bulgarian thing of stopping to ask everyone we could see the directions, we soon got back on for one more junction. I can see that with only 2 lanes there is the potential for hold ups, we got slightly held up in one spot where there were a number of lorries and slow vans going up a hill overtaking each other.
In conclusion I am not sure which is better for us, we will have to try again another time to see if we were lucky on the old road.

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: New Motorway   Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:11 pm

I have given it a try a couple of times and I agree the only problem I find is it needs a third lane for cars only because as you say there are a lot of old lorries trying to overtake eachother and very slow at that and the same applies to some older vans, I remember on the last trip a lorry overtook another lorry and then slowed right down because he didn't have the power so the lorry he had just overtaken then try to pass him holding every one up for quite some time so I think they should have added a crawler lane at the very least.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Motorway   

Back to top Go down

New Motorway

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2