altText

cctv camera equipment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

cctv camera equipment Empty
PostSubject: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 4:34 pm

Hi Guys

Just looking at cctv cameras that are easy and simply to use with little or no effort and saw this one. Can anyone tell me would I be able to set this up in BG and view from the UK It seem that way and you even get alert emails. What do you think??

Bill if you say yes than it will be your job to fit it and set it up cctv camera equipment 2381841692 cctv camera equipment 1865348797

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 2c6d8bb1a0
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Keep looking Berni..you will find those that will call your number direct and any other number you nominate. Direct to your number, or nominated number..it won't wait until until you log in, or read the email alert..straight to your phone...I saw this work, years ago, in Ibiza: we were out in the boat, got the call, returned to shore, drove up to my villa and caught the ****** still inside!! And that was very old technology.
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 10:46 pm

oddball wrote:
Hi Guys

Just looking at cctv cameras that are easy and simply to use with little or no effort and saw this one. Can anyone tell me would I be able to set this up in BG and view from the UK It seem that way and you even get alert emails. What do you think??

Bill if you say yes than it will be your job to fit it and set it up cctv camera equipment 2381841692 cctv camera equipment 1865348797

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 2c6d8bb1a0
There are quite a few that look exactly the same as each other, the main thing is the software and hardware can be slightly different.

First of all let me just add, the one I brought was about the cheapest at the time which I brought last October and am reasonably pleased with it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 0119913177

There are only 2 problems with mine that I can think of, which are:-
1. The automatic Pan or/and Tilt are too fast even on the lowest No1 setting.

2. Although the software (GUI) has a setting to turn off the LEDs they do not turn off, this 'was' only a problem for me because my camera is sitting on a window sill pointing directly out of a window and at night the reflection of the 'Red' LEDs reflect back off the window giving me a hallo effect, but I have since got around the problem and taken out the LEDs completely and now it's fantastic even when it's still fairly dark outside, so if you think you will want to turn off the LEDs, check first with the seller, because some do, so don't.
(Although at night most green coloured item look quite blue, but that was because of me taking out the LED circuit board)

As for setting it up:
It's simply plug and play, although the power lead is not very long, so you will have to use a extension lead.
But don't forget you will also need a 24/7 wireless connection at the camera location and streaming is quite heavy.

The unit will come supplied with a code 'similar' to the one here: h [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
All you have to do to view the camera from 'any' internet connection is to post that number and you will see the pictures from the camera and if you allow it, you can even remotely control the Pan/Tilt and recording mode.

So yes, I would say for a internal cheap no nonsense camera they are well worth the money. 10/10
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 3:03 pm

Just to add.

If you are thinking of installing a second or subsequent cameras at a later date, then make sure it is the the same make or more than likely you will not be able to use the same computer software as the original one, which means you may not be able to also use the Picture-in-Picture facility.

My problem at the moment is desperately trying to find some software that will display my old camera and also a/the new camera when I get another one, it's either that or I buy another 2 matching cameras albeit hopefully of a better quality or just buy another of the same I already have, (but I would still be prepared to buy the same one again) so it's not that bad, just me being picky.

I fell lucky last night and bid on a cheap model with only 10 minutes left to run and actually won the bid at £29.05 with the postage.

Still on the hunt for the perfect solution, but getting there slowly.
Another nice camera I came across over the week-end is the 'Tenvis IP Robot3' apart from being a HD quality it also has a 5 times 'digital' zoom, unfortunately I have not been able to find any decent youtube videos showing the zoom feature so don't know how good it actually is, but with normal picture cameras we were always told to ignore digital zoom and look for a high 'OPTICAL zoom'
Yes Confucius he say......... er
What the difference is between Digital and Optical zoom is I'm afraid I don't know, so maybe someone can also let me know that.

However, the Tenvis IP Robot3 does come, as with a lot of the branded cameras at a starting price of £55, but I am noticing the prices in general are creeping up and up.

Edit:
Text changed and also text added.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 3:11 pm

Thanks PhilH I will have a read of this as soon as I get some free time thanks a million g
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 3:56 pm

Thanks for the info Phil very handy cctv camera equipment 570106603
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 8:43 pm

I have considered having cctv in bulgaria more as a deterrent. i had cctv in the uk with 4 screen viewing and sound with recording, which was a good system. i cannot imagine having cctv with alert system thousands of miles away, the stress would be too much. cctv camera equipment 3135333095
we have an alarm security company which also do a camera system, when we are away, we have key and phone holder who deal with any situations that arise, they are in bulgaria and can deal with situations that arise when you cannot be at hand. there is not much else one can do really. cctv camera equipment 2345823347
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:00 pm

Yes I think the stress and worry knowing someone is in or broken into your property when you are away etc could be more stressful than just turning up to find it has been broken into and boarded up for you.

Yes ok, if you are just around the corner out shopping then that may be a different scenario.

After watching the video on youtube with regards to the same problem of the LEDs reflecting on the glass, I just took my camera to pieces again and re-installed the LED circuit board and did the light sensor bypass tweak, fortunately I also had a smallish switch at hand as a temporary measure (which will probably now be a permanent solution), so now best of both worlds with LEDs working when I want or not as the case may be.
I just need to go and re-position it to see if it has rectified the loss of night-time colour.

Edit:
New proper switch fitted mainly because the one I fitted last night was actually faulty, but the only benefit was now being able to turn On or Off the LEDs if I want to.
Edit:
Just one last update:

I'm pretty sure I found the difference between Digital Zoom and Optical Zoom.

With digital zoom it looks as if all it does is to stretch the initial picture thus making pixels larger and hence losing definition. (so not very good)
Whereas with Optical zoom it actually zooms into the subject without any loss of definition or distortion.

I did manage to do a on-line test with the 5x Optical zoom camera (mentioned above) but TBH I was not very impressed with it and certainly not worth the extra cost for it's zoom feature, but the rest of it's 'guest limited' features looked and worked fine.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 5:11 pm

We cannot get internet in our village maybe next year - so back to the drawing board unless the ones you specified Phil are none internet based.
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 5:33 pm

No Bernie, they are all internet based, unless you want to spend 'loads-a-money'

So does that mean you don't have a house phone either then? because you can get internet down the phone line 'DSL/ADSL or even through satellite, but please remember I am talking about the UK and appreciate BG is not the UK so the same rules need not apply.

The other problem at the moment is I don't know how much data they use when streaming over the net, although that is only used when viewing the camera's image over the internet, at the moment my own test shows it being quite a heavy download BUT my measuring program is recording nothing, maybe a talk to one of the internet providers in your area is called for.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Phil-H wrote:
No Bernie, they are all internet based, unless you want to spend 'loads-a-money'

So does that mean you don't have a house phone either then? because you can get internet down the phone line 'DSL/ADSL or even through satellite, but please remember I am talking about the UK and appreciate BG is not the UK so the same rules need not apply.

The other problem at the moment is I don't know how much data they use when streaming over the net, although that is only used when viewing the camera's image over the internet, at the moment my own test shows it being quite a heavy download BUT my measuring program is recording nothing, maybe a talk to one of the internet providers in your area is called for.

Ah thanks Phil - no, no phone or tv either we appear to be in the land of back and beyond. Dougie has been all around the phone and internet providers and they say as there is no signal in that area it is unlikely even a dongle will work. Bulstat may have internet next year but this is not certain yet. They said to get a satellite dish for the tv so looking at how to get that now. I will have to get the normal ccvt's now until we get internet in the village. They have it two villages along so it is heading our way. Thanks a million for your advice when you are in BG you will have to visit us the land of beyond cctv camera equipment 2381841692 cctv camera equipment 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Ok,

If the pockets will stand the strain the setup to go for would be to have your 'recordable' 'Multiplexor' hidden, possibly in the roof space or at least somewhere that it would not be obvious (previous comment of thieves breaking in through the roof have not gone unforgotten) this would/could then record on a continuous basis for and depending on what size HDD you go for, but for just 2 or 3 cameras can record for anything up-to a month or more, a lead would also be wired down to your TV or monitor for you to be able to view the cameras when you are at your home in BG, later if and when you get a internet connection you can then using the same equipment set it up basically as a webcam which again with the password you can view anywhere in the world.
Initial cost for material I would think for a 2 or 3 PTZ camera set-up with keypad/joystick and multiplexor about £500.

Also because of power cuts, you should ideally also have a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply Unit) to keep the unit powered up when there is a power failure, these are reasonably cheap and can cost from about £35 but in this instance size does matter and the more you pay the BIGGER &
LONGER LASTING the unit would be, most of these units used on computers only last long enough to power down the PC or about 15/20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:59 pm

Thanks a million Phil will start looking around see what i can find now g.
Back to top Go down
ginger

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 9:24 am

Hi, my son got burgled before he had an alarm fitted. He now has the alarm which should it go off it, the alarm goes direct to the local police station.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:14 pm

ginger wrote:
Hi, my son got burgled before he had an alarm fitted. He now has the alarm which should it go off it, the alarm goes direct to the local police station.

Yep Ginger we have that alarm too, along with double glazing, shutters, steel doors and will have bars fitted next week. But the little beggers tried to access thought the roof. The did not get in but left the tiles off and the water got in and cause lots of damage. Hence CCTV cameras are next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cctv camera equipment   cctv camera equipment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cctv camera equipment

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next