altText

ID card renewal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 7:02 am

Our ID cards run out in November of this year but we are going to renew them early.The reason for this is we have been told that it will be easier renewing them early because we will not need to produce as much paper work and will be quicker.Does anyone have any information on this subject?
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 7:47 am

We renewed ours just a tad early in case we did it wrong. But basically it was quite easy but time consuming. You will need to fill out the form have your old visa and passport and a Bank Statement. You will probably find that your visa will expire on the same date that your passport expires. ID card renewal 1536469901
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 8:01 am

Thanks! I have a ew passport which was done last year.My European Health card expires the same time as my ID so I will be renewing that shortly.
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 8:23 am

we didn't have any problems with our renewal. Forms to fill out and they wanted all the information on them about education proffesions mother and fathers names childrens names the usual passport info ans a couple of days and the cards were back then the fun starts because all the vehicles had to be reregistered too but it took about 20 mins at KAT that day so all was well It all cost of course a few lev here and a few lev there but then it is done and as you have 9 years on your passport you have a nice long time before you have to do it again, good luck with it all ID card renewal 1430720830
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 8:53 am

It doesn't sound much easier than when we applied for our Lichna Karta in 2004. Thought it was supposed to be easier now Bulgaria is in the EU. We are entitled to live here once we have had Residency as EU citizens but as usual, each country dictates their own rules.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 6:39 pm

could depend on area and municipality again oldun
we did ours again in 2010 and all we had to fill in was name ,address date of birth and passport number.they took photo there and digital signiture
paid 18lv plus 4lv tax and had renewed photo L/C about a week later
much , oh sooooo much easier than when we first applied 10yr ago ..and soo much cheaper to !
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 11:15 pm

Whilst chatting to several couples who moved over to BG a few years or more ago now, they said they have not gone thought the ID process yet and they have never been approached to do so. They fly back and forth with no problems what so every, never been stopped or asked any question etc. I thought you could not stay in BG after the 90 days unless you had ID ID card renewal 3998065313
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 5:09 am

I think they've just been lucky so far. As for being approached about it..the onus is on them to conform, not the other way round! Penalties can be severe for failure to do so..I copped a 500 leva fine for letting my card go 3 days over the expiry date and another 50 leva fine for not re-applying 14 days before expiry. The old 'I didn't know that' excuse was not accepted.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 5:48 am

Doesn't supprtise me as a couple in my village have a car on British number plates for the last three years and have never had it registered or tested,it's never left Bulgaria since arriving by ship.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 5:55 am

I will have no sympathy for those people when they end up in an accident, or come under the eagle eye of the law and they get found out. If it's good enough for the rest of us, why not them?
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:55 am

Hi Berni
You are right, If you intend to stay in BG over 30 days then at that point you must record your presence:-
below from the British Embassy Sophia:-
Every EU citizen has the right to reside on the territory of the host EU country for a period of up to three months without any conditions or formalities other than the requirement to hold a valid identity card or passport.
It does not matter whether you came to work or study there or just to visit as a tourist. A valid identity card or passport is all you need.

Full details here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... nt_low.pdf see section 5&

I know of several people who think because we are now EU all they need is a passport......wrong........but that's their choice and risk

Laws, procedures and checks are slowly changing, and at some point these people will be located, and Ignorance is No defence here.

Makes me mad when you here in UK immigrants get this do not have to do that, then come here and do exactly the same!!!

You choose to live in a different EU zone, learn and live by the local laws.........simples

Bill
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 8:12 am

Yep but this couple are very crafty as they do not drive this vehicle in main towns where the police do stop checks.It's all becaus they have a cherished number plate.Their idea of registration was with the customs when their car arrived in Varna by ship.I am an ex police officer and it aggrivates me to hell with their attitude as they wouldn't get away with this in the UK unlike here in Bulgaria becuse the Bulgarian police do not have the advantage of a Police National Computer (PNC) system that has all the details of vehicles which is linked to the DVLA.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 8:25 am

Maybe a quiet word in the right ear..?
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:06 am

I have thought about it I must confess but what gets me the village policeman knows them and it must have dawned on him that this vehicle has been unregisted for some time even though it only comes out of the gargage once evry fortnight or so.I had a guy in a village when I was on the beat who was driving without a licence and one day he came out on a Sunday about 7am thinking that I wouldn't be around, to his cost he was wrong!
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:01 am

I they are pally with the local bobbie, may not be such a good idea after all. Sooner or later, the big wheel will turn full circle and they'll get busted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ID card renewal Empty
PostSubject: Re: ID card renewal   ID card renewal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ID card renewal

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1