altText

Is it too early

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Is it too early Empty
PostSubject: Is it too early   Is it too early Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:17 am

I am very tempted to put in my bedding plants, this lovely weather is just right for planting. but am i being fooled. this weather may be good in the day but is it still too cold overnight.
:Snow window:

before planting.

Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Is it too early Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it too early   Is it too early Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:20 am

and this was last year, full of colour. s

Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

Is it too early Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it too early   Is it too early Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:50 am

Should be fine but you might need to protect them a bit over night for a couple of weeks the weather is unpredictable at the min Is it too early 2581928987
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

Is it too early Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it too early   Is it too early Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:38 pm

I put my bedding plants in last week and they are all fine. The seeds i planted in March are all coming through too. If you have tomatoe plants they do need covering in plastic As long as it doesn't drop below 5 degrees plants will be safe enough.
Happy gardening your patio looks lovely by the way s
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Is it too early Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it too early   Is it too early Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Is it too early 2316720568 the flowers really do make an array of colours. g
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Is it too early Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it too early   Is it too early Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:41 pm

Golly, gosh you guys must live in a very cold part of the country. My wife put all her seedlings out at the beginning of March and things are happening, just as expected. Tomatoes are knee high, potatoes are 8-10 inches, onions and garlic are all 12-15 inches, celery and other delicate herbs have been harvested for the first time. Most flowers have bloomed or are expected to in the next couple of days. Vines such as the Clematis, Jasmine and Passionflower are going crazy..Hibiscus is covered in buds and my grape vines are leafing up beautifully. Even my lovely Acacia tree (which is notoriously hard to grow here) has woken up and by next week, will be a great shade tree over the pool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is it too early Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it too early   Is it too early Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it too early

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1