altText

How much medicine can you take to BG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

How much medicine can you take to BG Empty
PostSubject: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:00 pm

Hi Guys

This is probably a very strange quesiton but need to know. As you know Mr Oddy will be going to BG next month but does not know how long for, could be a month or 6 months depends on how the project goes. Now the problem we have is he has to take his medcine with him however, he is on 21 pills a day and that over 6 months come to around 3822 How much medicine can you take to BG 3135333095 I know, his hand luggage alone. How much medicine can you take to BG 2345823347 So I am now concerned that they may not allow all this medicine at once he will have the medical perscription with him. But there is the fact you can only stay in BG for 90 days unless you apply for citizenship or has that all changed now.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Start your search here Bernie [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... goryID=175

And indeed the residency rules still apply.

If your GP will not prescribe the amount of pills you need you can always send by DHL Plus if he gets stuck you can buy the medication over here.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:05 am

Phil-H wrote:
Does anyone know if there is a Bulgarian drug price list similar to this one I found for Turkish drug prices.
[url:2tk4joqs]http:
//www.
ilacabak.
com/indexen.
php[/url:2tk4joqs]

The medication I'm interested in is for C.O.P.D. and is 'Spiriva 18 microgram Inhalation Powder Had Capsule' (Tiotropium)

:OffTopic:This thread is about how much medication you can bring from the UK. If you want a thread about the prices etc please start another thread.

Tony Mod hat on/
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:43 am

I was answering Phil about price lists for medicine in Bulgaria and gave a few prices so read the question before you start moderating please!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 11:04 am

speedgunner wrote:
so read the question before you start moderating please!

The original question from Berni was about amounts of drugs, nothing to do with pricing.

Tony's moderation was warranted. If Phil-H and you want to discuss pricing of various drugs, then open a new topic to do it in.

Also, trying to tell a Moderator how to do their job is not something I would recommend, nor is it much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 11:37 am

oddball wrote:
Hi Guys

This is probably a very strange quesiton but need to know. As you know Mr Oddy will be going to BG next month but does not know how long for, could be a month or 6 months depends on how the project goes. Now the problem we have is he has to take his medcine with him however, he is on 21 pills a day and that over 6 months come to around 3822 How much medicine can you take to BG 3135333095 I know, his hand luggage alone. How much medicine can you take to BG 2345823347 So I am now concerned that they may not allow all this medicine at once he will have the medical perscription with him. But there is the fact you can only stay in BG for 90 days unless you apply for citizenship or has that all changed now.

Yes indeed Chris agree with both Tony and yourself g so guys lets please stick to the main question above and please do open another post re the cost of medicine as this will be a very good subject too.

Thank you for the info Tony on NHS rules very interesting. I have checked everywhere but cannot see any restrictions as to what medicine you can take from the UK then it says check with the country what medcine you can take into the country! so all a bit mind boggelling at the moment. :Rolling eyes:I believe it is ok to take 3 months percripted medications so it might be that we will go that way. Then another question popped up - if you can only stay in BG for 90 days at a time can you NOT go back to BG for another 6 months - hope that makes sense. :Rolling eyes:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 11:55 am

I've spilt the topic now so this one can get back on topic. g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi thought we would have a problem when we first moved here but every one from doctor to embassy ensured us there was no problem as long as you carry the prescription with you. They were right we had to put it to the test when just visiting BG before we move so we declared what we had with us and no comment was made No problem. They can check the prescription against the passport and keep all meds in their boxes Takes up more room i know but they don't like meds out of boxes Good luck with your visit hope all goes well for you
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Can I just apologise for going off topic but I thought it might also have been valid in case the medication would need to be purchased so a price list would have been handy.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 2:41 pm

chrissybg wrote:
Hi thought we would have a problem when we first moved here but every one from doctor to embassy ensured us there was no problem as long as you carry the prescription with you. They were right we had to put it to the test when just visiting BG before we move so we declared what we had with us and no comment was made No problem. They can check the prescription against the passport and keep all meds in their boxes Takes up more room i know but they don't like meds out of boxes Good luck with your visit hope all goes well for you

Chrissybg was it only the perscription notification you had to take or did you have to have a letter from the Doctor as well? Thanks for the tip re keeping the medicine in the boxes, I was considering taking them all out, but now I will leave well alone
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 2:47 pm

Taking medication out of their original box's is a BIG NO NO, mainly because it confirms what is in the box in the way of medication.
And don't forget most if not all UK prescribed medication has the persons name printed on the box label so again showing who it is for.
Also do not break any of the seals on the box's until you need to.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 2:50 pm

If you look at the airline policy you will find that you not only have to take the boxes you also need to have all the notifications on side effects that you get with the Medication as well.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 2:56 pm

Phil-H wrote:
Taking medication out of their original box's is a BIG NO NO, mainly because it confirms what is in the box in the way of medication.
And don't forget most if not all UK prescribed medication has the persons name printed on the box label so again showing who it is for.
Also do not break any of the seals on the box's until you need to.

tonyb60 wrote:
If you look at the airline policy you will find that you not only have to take the boxes you also need to have all the notifications on side effects that you get with the Medication as well.

Thanks Guys yes totally agree! They will stay in the box? g
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:18 pm

When I went over I took enough for 6 months. I don't know what the rules say but no one questioned me about any of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 4:22 pm

Netsniperthefirst wrote:
When I went over I took enough for 6 months. I don't know what the rules say but no one questioned me about any of it.

Nets!! did you fly or drive? and did you have to apply for residency after the 90 days in BG?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much medicine can you take to BG   How much medicine can you take to BG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much medicine can you take to BG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next