altText

some expats are a complete liability

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

some expats are a complete liability Empty
PostSubject: some expats are a complete liability   some expats are a complete liability Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 12:57 pm

I'm really cross today, so appologies for my ranting in advance. I have a serious problem with a few brits i have met reasontly, one of which has a property renovation page on fb. I do not believe that people should be advertising themselves as proffessional building companies, when their clearly not qualified or be handing out advise in an authoritive manner to prospective new buyers to the country, about not needing planning permission for things like extentions n rebuilds and adding second floors to houses, when they have obviously never even read the planning permission laws. I'm all for offering help and advise if i can but i don't believe people should pose as an athority on something there not. some expats are a complete liability 794030042

I feel better now thankyou. s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: some expats are a complete liability   some expats are a complete liability Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:02 pm

the one thing that we do dislike about Bulgaria is that every one is a mystro! Hope you feel better now you have it off your chest. Doesn't help to hold things in
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: some expats are a complete liability   some expats are a complete liability Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 2:24 pm

beautifulangel wrote:
I'm really cross today, so appologies for my ranting in advance. I have a serious problem with a few brits i have met reasontly, one of which has a property renovation page on fb. I do not believe that people should be advertising themselves as proffessional building companies, when their clearly not qualified or be handing out advise in an authoritive manner to prospective new buyers to the country, about not needing planning permission for things like extentions n rebuilds and adding second floors to houses, when they have obviously never even read the planning permission laws. I'm all for offering help and advise if i can but i don't believe people should pose as an athority on something there not. some expats are a complete liability 794030042

I feel better now thankyou. s

Yes, I am afraid that is what some Brits are like, the same problem existed in Turkey as well. The Brits abroad are a weird lot, present company accepted of course!!

some expats are a complete liability 794030042
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: some expats are a complete liability   some expats are a complete liability Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 2:05 pm

Glad I am not the only one with a rant sometimes. Does you good to get things off your chest. It is true that many expats come over from Britain and immediately think they can set up business when they know nothing or very little about Bulgaria. This extends to estate agents, builders, electicians and many others. I find it so frustrating reading these adverts (yes, I have seen some on FB) when I know for a fact that things are so very different here in Bulgaria even if the advertiser is bona fide. It takes years to understand how things work here or are built here etc etc. Unfortunately they will only find out how different things are here on someone elses renovation and then the client pays the price and often has to start all over again at more expense.
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: some expats are a complete liability   some expats are a complete liability Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:10 pm

I agree oldun, I'm basically a very honest, lawabiding person and it really upsets me to read or hear about people offering so called proffesional advice to newcomers that is completely wrong, especially when they are deciding whether to purchase property, move over here etc based on that opinion. Especially when you know its going to end up costing the inocent part a fortune. The lady in question who had annoyed me was handing out advise that apparently you dont need any planning permission to build anything you like in the villages. You can apparently knock down your house and rebuild it to twice the size without needing so much as a building inspection. She was it turns out basing this expert opinion on the fact that a lot of the village houses are built upto the end of there boundaries, which she doesnt think is legal, therefore u can build anything you like. I would have found that a fairly stupid opinion if she hadn't been anything to do with building but the fact this woman runs a building and renovation company is insane.
I confronted her and explained the planning rules to her as we have just had to research them for some renovations im going to do and her reply was "
theres loads of rubbish buildings in bulgaria so obviously noone else bothers with planning."
some expats are a complete liability 794030042
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: some expats are a complete liability   some expats are a complete liability Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Buying

selling

renovating

The answer is the same.

Take, and pay for, proper independent advice from an professional person who is working on your behalf.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: some expats are a complete liability   some expats are a complete liability Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Rakiaplease- How are newcomers likely to follow your sound advice? They probably think that an expat is an easy choice not realising that there are many unscrupulous Brits over here now. Best to wait a while before jumping in with both feet and going with the first so-called person who has a website. Its true that many rules are disobeyed in Bulgaria by Bulgarians. However, Brits are a different matter and may find to their cost that the authorities will come down like a ton of bricks if found out.
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: some expats are a complete liability   some expats are a complete liability Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:28 pm

we had planning permision and it was so easy from our municipality and a very little charge for it so any one that is moving out or are out here and building go to the municipality office show them what you want to do and it is all wrapped up in a few minutes. it isn't like England with hefty bills prolonged council meetings etc. There are rules to follow and boundry's but the rules are there to protect us al.
The people like the women that has been described on the forum leave us speachless. The sort that were in Spain i expect that did as they wished and fled with the money and then people had their houses bulldozed.
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: some expats are a complete liability   some expats are a complete liability Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 8:33 am

Quote :
Rakiaplease- How are newcomers likely to follow your sound advice? They probably think that an expat is an easy choice not realising that there are many unscrupulous Brits over here now. Best to wait a while before jumping in with both feet and going with the first so-called person who has a website. Its true that many rules are disobeyed in Bulgaria by Bulgarians. However, Brits are a different matter and may find to their cost that the authorities will come down like a ton of bricks if found out.

I agree. I do think though that common sense should prevail and a buyer must be diligent especially when buying property. If you buy from an expat who set himself up as an international property developer after buying a tumble down for £1000 in the pub on his Capital One credit card, and don't be diligent, what can you expect ?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some expats are a complete liability   some expats are a complete liability Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

some expats are a complete liability

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1