altText

Another attempted break in

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Another attempted break in Empty
PostSubject: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:23 am

Morning Guys

Had little bit of bad news last night we had another attempted break in to our place in Silistra - the alarm save us again - they managed to break the shutters and windows not clear on what damage is done yet but reports say they did not get in - so not all bad. This is the second time now, last time they managed to get through a 10 lock metal door but again the alarm went off once it was opened. We replaced the door with a steel door. We have double glazing, metal shutters, steel doors, neighbours, police checking daily sot alarm but still they try and it's the damage they do. My main concern is for the neighbours they are elderly and really do not need this stress. They take ake great pride in looking our for the property although they are not responsiable in any way, just key holders, they will be mortified as you can imagine in a small village this causes great concern for them. I will know more later.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:40 am

Sorry to hear the bad news (again) Berni. Good to know nothing appears to have been stolen, but as you say, it's the hassle and the damage left behind.
Another attempted break in 794030042
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 2:18 pm

oddball wrote:
Morning Guys

Had little bit of bad news last night we had another attempted break in to our place in Silistra - the alarm save us again - they managed to break the shutters and windows not clear on what damage is done yet but reports say they did not get in - so not all bad. This is the second time now, last time they managed to get through a 10 lock metal door but again the alarm went off once it was opened. We replaced the door with a steel door. We have double glazing, metal shutters, steel doors, neighbours, police checking daily sot alarm but still they try and it's the damage they do. My main concern is for the neighbours they are elderly and really do not need this stress. They take ake great pride in looking our for the property although they are not responsiable in any way, just key holders, they will be mortified as you can imagine in a small village this causes great concern for them. I will know more later.

Very sorry to hear of your break-in, hopefully no damage has been done. It's a shame that your house has to be secured like Fort Knox to keep unsavouries from breaking in. Unfortunately, it is a worldwide problem, especially where we lived in Turkey some of our friends had 3 break-ins and they were in the house!!

Another attempted break in 794030042 Another attempted break in 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:47 pm

Ah bless the director Stilian at the orphanage took it upon himsef to go to our villa this morning to check up on things. It appears two widnows nd shutters are smashed but police has secured the villa. The little house we only used to store wood and a few sets of used spare wheels for the Jeep has all the windows and the door smashed - They also took the electric meter - Stilain has organised for someone to go and fix this lot on Monday He will go out again on Monday as he did not have access to inside the villa so hopefully nothing has been stolen.

So on a positive note: things are not as bad as wwere stated. g
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:41 am

Let's just hope that's all the damage, and there was no access to the house. It must make you feel really good to know all these people are looking out for you. s
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 6:23 am

You need to get a big dog and pay someone to feed and care for it to keep your property secure and don't tie it up as the Bulgarians seem to for some reason as being tied up is not much of a deterrant.I know it seems a bit impracticle but the fear of a large dog roaming a property tends to put Billy Burglar off a bit!! Failing that you could always buy one of those barking dog alarms that work on a infra red beam that you can get in the UK.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 8:03 am

speedgunner wrote:
You need to get a big dog and pay someone to feed and care for it to keep your property secure and don't tie it up as the Bulgarians seem to for some reason as being tied up is not much of a deterrant.I know it seems a bit impracticle but the fear of a large dog roaming a property tends to put Billy Burglar off a bit!! Failing that you could always buy one of those barking dog alarms that work on a infra red beam that you can get in the UK.

Ah the poor dog would be on its own and people might forget to feed it could not live with that. Feel it would inconvenience people which is what I don't want to do - We have all this security so as not to bother the elderly neighbours in any way and they don't feel responsible for anything - but still they worry However, I like the idea of the dog alarm, thank you I will look on ebay. Will also look at getting grills on the windows when we go over and that is it no more money spent on this property - My concern now is they took the electric meter and cot alarm is run on electricty with a back up battery so how long does the batteries last ??

Yes, Barbs it is nice to know Stilian will step to help, without even being asked to help - He is a fab chap always there to help when needed.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 10:04 am

speedgunner wrote:

Our apartment in Turkey was broken into and we had 4 dogs in the property, the two small one's where in the kitchen, but the GSD and the Anatolian Shepherd dog were loose in the house, didn't deter the villains unfortunately. I know of someone who got some geese for his smallholding in the UK and said that they would keep anyone at bay. But his house was ransacked and guess what . . . they stole his geese as well!!

Another attempted break in 794030042 Another attempted break in 794030042
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 12:13 pm

Oh Itchy you never fail to make me laugh Another attempted break in 2706089290 T
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Good story Itchy,,but I think you might need some real dogs to protect your place,,my Rhodesian Ridgeback kicks off when anyone comes within 200 meters of the property and most of the village folk are terrified of her! Don't really know why, because she would kiss you to death before hurting you..unless you were a threat to my wife and daughter..don't even think about the results in that case! A 55 kg dog with murder on her mind, is something you don't even stop to consider. As I write this, I can hear her outside, telling the village that she is in residence tonight..come and visit, if you dare!!
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 1:25 pm

So sorry to hear about the attempted break in Berni. We rehomed a Karacachan pup last year and its the best thing we ever did.
He has the run of the place and is happy to sleep outside in our summerhouse as well as indoors. We can go out anytime and know that our property is safe.
Hes a big softie really when he knows you but god help you if you try to get in without an invitation. He will accompany us to the gate and once
we tell him its ok he becomes your best friend.
Not being here full time is difficult to protect your property but you have some good trusted neighbours which is reassuring, just hope these lowlifes have moved on and leave you alone now.
Good luck.
Chris and Ray c
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 5:30 pm

sorry to hear about the break in. have you considered getting one of the security companies to look after it. we were strongly recommended to do this by a friend who is an estate agent as the companies are known for employing large men, who will definately get ur belongings back, so most theives wont touch a house with one of there stickers on. There pretty cheap too, our nearest is £7 per week. s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Problem we have is we are out in the country 25km from the town. The local policeman checks the property every day - the neighbours go in ever 3 or 4 days so we have covered every aspect of security. Grills are the next stage now Another attempted break in 794030042
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 7:31 pm

oddball wrote:
Problem we have is we are out in the country 25km from the town. The local policeman checks the property every day - the neighbours go in ever 3 or 4 days so we have covered every aspect of security. Grills are the next stage now Another attempted break in 794030042

It's such a shame that you have to spend money and make your home like Fort Knox because of the few perpetrator's :Girl Nuke: :Truce:
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
Phil-H

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 4:11 pm

Really sorry to hear your news, actually I have just been reading of another attempted break-in which I take people will see also.

On the topic of dogs.

Many years ago a fiend of mine took his Alsation (German Shepard) to obedience classes where he left the dog, although I don't know how many days it was for, but when he collected the dog, halfway home he stopped his car to get something from a shop, the trouble then started, 'the dog wouldn't let him back into the car' and he had to phone the school for the trainer to come out so my friend could get back into the car. Another attempted break in 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another attempted break in   Another attempted break in Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another attempted break in

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next