HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? Empty
PostSubject: Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain???   Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:42 am

This is the hot topic at the moment due to the British sensationalist press reporting that Bulgarians and Romanians will be entering Britain and claiming benefits right, left and centre in 2014. Surprised this topic hasn't been aired on the forum yet. Has anyone read The Sun article in Novinite recently???
Saturday night we were summoned by our Mayor to do an interview with Borba newspaper to give our opinion on the subject. We explained that we are not political animals but have integrated well into village life and feel upset about the bad press for Bulgarians. The Bulgarians we know of all go to Britain to work! Some are in Spain and one went to Ireland and I have a Bulgarian friend who works in the prison service in London. Why 2014 should change matters so that there will supposedly be this mass influx, I have no idea but no doubt someone will explain.
I am not going to bore everyone with what we said. Bulgarian TV has much to say on the matter. It will be interesting to see how our interview pans out when its published which I would think, will be this week.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain???   Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:54 am

Yes oldun what a lot of over reaction. Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? 794030042 I have said on another thread that if there is a mass exodus as is being said then all that will be left here will be us expats and the mafia Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? 1865348797 Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? 1865348797 Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? 1865348797
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain???   Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 am

The article is in today's Borba newspaper with pics. Naturally some of the translation is not good and they said Tom was an Irishman!!!!! He's Welsh for goodness sake. Some embroidering of what we actually said but otherwise quite a good report. We did not go up to the bar with the press and the Mayor. We were interviewed alone in our village Rabota (working men's) cosy club. Now what was that all about??? Anyway, we did our bit once again and the Mayor was pleased. s
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain???   Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 12:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
news=23802
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain???   Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:29 pm

congratulations on your interview :Handshake:i don't think there willbe a mass exodus of bulgarians. the ones we know that have been, all complain its too expensive to live there, so very difficult to send money home and now work in germany or france. where apparently its easier to buy cheaper food and easier to get home from. Also in my opinion good luck to those who want to go. Whats the point of them being in the eu if they aren't allowed to take full advantage of oportunities avalible. s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain???   Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:55 pm

Thanks for the link Varnagirl. I agree with you Beautifulangel which is what we said on Nova News report this evening amongst other things. Its probably on tomorrow morning between 7 and 9am but I will probably still be in bed! They were supposed to arrive at our house at 5pm but typically turned up at about 6.30pm when I was in the middle of cooking supper! The things we do for Mindya! Anyway, the interviewing lady was lovely and we talked loads while the cameraman went around the house planning shots. Then we got down to specific questions and I hope we came across well and we were very defensive of the Bulgarians and said how friendly we found them and hardworking. At least the ones we know in our little part of Bulgaria. Didn't want to get into the Roma question too much and I hope I was diplomatic. I made the point that although I am still and always will be very English, I now live in Bulgaria and love our new home.
I am pretty disgusted at some of the comments I have read in the British press and fully understand why the Bulgarians are making a fuss about it. Its mostly all about politics and pandering to the public for votes. Its the illegal immigration that is the big problem with people trafficing and worse.
Oh I do hope we come over okay. These interviews are nerve wracking but I doubt many Brits ever watch Bulgarian news anyway although we find the news much more interesting than CNN.
We learnt that the farmers are going on strike soon because the government have still not given them the subsidy money from the EU. Nothing changes does it after I said that we had seen many changes since living here for 9 years? Oh dear.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain???   Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 8:19 am

It was on at 7am but I didn't see it. My Hero did and said it was merged with a discussion group. Apparently we (and our house) came over well!
On reflection I really think that the EU did not think ahead on what the freedom to work anywhere in the Community would mean. They also had no idea of how many of its people from poorer countries would want to move looking for work unavailable in their own countries. Its all too late now and so the Governments are looking for votes by appearing to make a big fuss over Bulgarians and Romanians. Talk about closing the stable door after the horse has bolted! Its the illegal immigration that is the big problem leading to the dreadful people trafficing. Finally, all Bulgarians are not Roma as is implied in the reporting.
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain???   Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:03 am

we watched it. congratulations it was very well done and your house is lovely. its important to see that some british do appreciate this lovely nation. Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? 1536469901 g
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain???   Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:27 pm

we may be in for a rough ride beacause of it all

[url:9yfyutoi]http:
//offnews.
bg/index.
php/155258/protest-pred-britanskoto-posolstvo-zaradi-antibalgarskata-kampaniya[/url:9yfyutoi]

[url]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... -hysteria/
[/url]
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain???   Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 5:42 pm

just goes to show newspapers print rubbish all over the world. Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain???   Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass immigration of Bulgarians to Britain???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1