Bulgarian gun attack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Bulgarian gun attack Empty
PostSubject: Bulgarian gun attack   Bulgarian gun attack Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Online Attack thwarted
ITN Bulgaria gun attack

A man put a gun to the head of the leader of Bulgaria's ethnic Turkish party during a televised conference.

Ahmed Dogan, leader of the Movement for Rights and Freedoms (MRF) was unharmed and the unidentified man was wrestled to the ground by security guards.

The incident happened on Saturday at a party congress in the capital Sofia.

Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov said the attacker tried to fire two shots but "
most likely the gun misfired"

He also said the assailant had a criminal record for drugs possession, robberies and hooliganism.

Police arrested the attacker, a 25-year-old from the Black Sea town of Burgas, who was also carrying two knives.

The liberal MRF party represents ethnic Turks and other Muslims, who make up about 12% of Bulgaria's population of about seven million.

Mr Dogan, 58, has lead the party for almost 25 years. He returned to the party conference a few hours after the attack and was given a standing ovation.

President Rosen Plevneliev said in a statement: "
Bulgarian society is traditionally known for its tolerance, mutual acceptance and respect between different ethnic groups and religions.

"
Such an act is unacceptable in a democratic state."

Attacks on politicians are rare in Bulgaria, but in 1996, former Prime Minister Andrei Lukanov was found shot dead near his home in Sofia
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian gun attack   Bulgarian gun attack Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:02 pm

I saw a video of this attack on facebook, but it has now disappeared Bulgarian gun attack 2345823347. how this man got within inches with a gun showed lack of security, but what disturbed me more was the mob attack on the gunman by the politicians, who went in with fists and boots with no regard to life. this man should have been apprehended by security, contained and removed, but it was a free for all attack. disgraceful but clearly lacking security for high profile people. Bulgarian gun attack 2345823347
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian gun attack   Bulgarian gun attack Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:07 pm

see this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ician.html
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian gun attack   Bulgarian gun attack Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:08 am

starlite wrote:
I saw a video of this attack on facebook, but it has now disappeared Bulgarian gun attack 2345823347. how this man got within inches with a gun showed lack of security, but what disturbed me more was the mob attack on the gunman by the politicians, who went in with fists and boots with no regard to life. this man should have been apprehended by security, contained and removed, but it was a free for all attack. disgraceful but clearly lacking security for high profile people. Bulgarian gun attack 2345823347

agree starlight...but its par for the course here , isn,t it !!!! official prefer to beat the crap out of someone then ask questions after...seems it was a gas gun loaded with 3 loud bangs and 1 pepper spray
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian gun attack   Bulgarian gun attack Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:10 pm

Elliot Ness would not have tolerated all this, The Untouchables would have the place secured like The Pentagon.

g
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian gun attack   Bulgarian gun attack Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:18 pm

Its a pity they don't kick the s**t out of some of those in the uk. I wonder what human rights will have to say about the so called un-necessary kicking etc? unfortunately I am one of the minority who think that looking at the video there wasn't anything wrong but the do gooders will see it differently. Bulgarian gun attack 3023850720
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian gun attack   Bulgarian gun attack Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:34 pm

scott wrote:
Its a pity they don't kick the s**t out of some of those in the uk. I wonder what human rights will have to say about the so called un-necessary kicking etc? unfortunately I am one of the minority who think that looking at the video there wasn't anything wrong but the do gooders will see it differently. Bulgarian gun attack 3023850720

I don't believe you are in the minority, the silent majority never seem to get their views aired and the "
do-gooders"
always seem to reign supreme. They should go and live in another country for a while, that will soon change their opinion of things.

c c
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian gun attack   Bulgarian gun attack Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 4:03 pm

Not sure what he was trying to do because the gun he had wouldn't have killed anyone so maybe he was off his head. Bulgarian gun attack 739492727
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian gun attack   Bulgarian gun attack Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 4:06 pm

BGTRAVELLER wrote:
Not sure what he was trying to do because the gun he had wouldn't have killed anyone so maybe he was off his head. Bulgarian gun attack 739492727

Probably been at the Rakia then!!

Bulgarian gun attack 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian gun attack   Bulgarian gun attack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bulgarian gun attack

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1