altText

Silistra Ferry

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

Silistra Ferry Empty
PostSubject: Silistra Ferry   Silistra Ferry Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 1:05 pm

HI Guys, we are planning on doing some travelling and touring this summer. To this end does anyone know how the ferry at Silistra works, ( I know it floats and has an engine) but do you just roll up on the day and drive on or do you have to book? I know its early days but I like to aware of what I'm facing.
Many thanks
Ray Silistra Ferry 794030042
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Silistra Ferry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Ferry   Silistra Ferry Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:09 pm

I haven't taken that one, but I have used the ferry from Vidin (BG) to Calafat in Romania.

We just parked our car in line (like the locals), then strolled to the ticket office and bought the trip across the Danube.

After that, followed the rest of the vehicles up the ramp and onto the 'ferry' (more of a floating barge) and 20 minutes later we were in Romania.

No hassle or stress!

Don't forget to buy the appropriate 'vignette' when you land at either side (you can normally do this before you hit the roads)
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

Silistra Ferry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Ferry   Silistra Ferry Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:57 pm

Thanks for that Chris, have to remember the vignette too. Cheers T
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Silistra Ferry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Ferry   Silistra Ferry Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:12 pm

chrisbriggs wrote:
HI Guys, we are planning on doing some travelling and touring this summer. To this end does anyone know how the ferry at Silistra works, ( I know it floats and has an engine) but do you just roll up on the day and drive on or do you have to book? I know its early days but I like to aware of what I'm facing.
Many thanks

Hiya Chrisbriggs we used the ferry when we came from Romania to Silistra you just turn up with your money (rom) pay and wait for the ferry about every half our or so. You drive you vehicle on with guidance from the staff there. You can stay in the vehicle or come outside the trip is about 10 minutes and you don't even know you are floating. Drive off at the other end into the border patrol. If you are up that way let us know, if we are over there we will meet you in Silistra.

oddy g
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

Silistra Ferry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Ferry   Silistra Ferry Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 6:19 am

Hi Oddy, thanks for that, we willl certainly give you a shout when we are up that way
Cheeers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silistra Ferry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silistra Ferry   Silistra Ferry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silistra Ferry

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1