Windows7 compatible printer?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well no help with my satellite box installation but perhaps members can help with this problem. I have had my computer serviced and Windows 7 installed which makes things much faster now I am getting the hang of it. However, my old printer isn't compatible! Didn't know printers had to be but I wouldn't would I being an oldie. I have scrolled through the google search to check which printers would suit. There are so many out there that I am even more confused. I wondered if any of you can advise a very simple deskjet ink printer which is cheap but good and works with Windows 7 and available in an outlet in VT like Vali computers or Technomart. I have wireless because I read that this would do away with a CD disk to install. However, my last computer just meant plugging in and entering the disk and away I went. I don't want anything complicated or is this too much to ask these days? Recommendations please. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks for that Bazz I didn't know that either. T
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:36 pm

Very welcome, I'm sure. I'm no IT wizard, but I have a son who is. We run mostly W8 and Android stuff these days, but my experience goes back to W95, W98, WME XP,W7, with a fair smattering of Apple, Apple Classic and Linux in between, so I've picked up a tiny bit of useful stuff along the way.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Well printer has arrived. I have got it set up and installed but there was no USB with it to connect to the computer to actually print! I have a USB to attach my camera but naturally that doesn't fit so presumably I have to buy one. Is that correct?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:36 pm

oldun wrote:
Well printer has arrived. I have got it set up and installed but there was no USB with it to connect to the computer to actually print! I have a USB to attach my camera but naturally that doesn't fit so presumably I have to buy one. Is that correct?

I'm afraid so! Long gone are the days when they supplied a cable at the same time! Was your old printer USB? If so, the same cable should be OK.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Unless they've given you a wireless version..what does your instruction booklet say?
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:16 am

I gave my old computer USB away with the computer because it came with it! No its not a wireless printer and a USB was not included in the pack it is only mentioned after the installation process. I don't have spare USBs hanging around and shouldn't it be compatible with the connection to the printer because my USBs for phone and Kindle charger don't fit. So annoying because I will have to go to town just to get the cable. Not a happy bunny about this. Surely it should say ÚSB not included when buying online? Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:27 am

I wouldn't be a happy bunny either. It's a shame we live so far apart because I have a number of these cables, left over from previous installations.
I think you should have a close look at the point where the cable will plug into both the printer and the computer and check the connections..some I've had in the past have a multi pin on both ends, others had it only on one end with a standard usb on the other. It might save you another trip.
To be really sure, why not take a photo with your phone of both connections and you can show that to the sales person in the store.

Good luck. Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 3367882216
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:31 am

Photo is a good idea but what was the point of buying online if I have to go to the shop for a USB? I could take the serial number of the printer I suppose. Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:58 am

Ok..let's take a step backwards for a moment. Have you telephoned the online facility and explained the situation? Reason I ask is that recently I ordered a keyboard for one of my Android tablets and a connection was missing, so I telephoned them and they had the missing bit to me, by courier, within 2 hours..all the way from Sofia! Got to be worth a try.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:02 am

Update! Just telephoned Technomarket helpline and they are sending me the USB cable which is just over 2levs and 4 levs delivery which is the same price and less hassle than a trip to town on the bus! For anyone else with this problem in the future I had not looked to the right hand side of the product where it says áccessories'! Didn't think I needed to but now I understand the cable isn't included nowadays it was quite straightforward. You live and learn. Full marks to Technomarket for helping - I feel a bit silly now but thats what happens as you get older and out of touch with developments!
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:04 am

:Thank you:once more bgbazz - our posts crossed. Just done as you suggested. H
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:05 am

A good result all round I would say. Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:06 pm

oldun wrote:
Just telephoned Technomarket helpline and they are sending me the USB cable which is just over 2levs and 4 levs delivery

Nice one! Glad it's all sorted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 6:09 pm

Have you had any joy with the printer..all working??
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 12:25 pm

Yes - its finally installed and working! Another problem solved. Mum in law has just sent us a parcel of teabags with 2 watch batteries in which were not in the Christmas watches she sent! Another instance of manufacturers not saying'' batteries not included'' and charging extra for the product to work. Isn't this called sharp practice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows7 compatible printer?   Windows7 compatible printer? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows7 compatible printer?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Computing, Internet, Mobile phones, TV and Satellite-