HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

What's your most unusual gift this Christmas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

What's your most unusual gift this Christmas? Empty
PostSubject: What's your most unusual gift this Christmas?   What's your most unusual gift this Christmas? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 9:43 am

I suppose we all get something we didn't expect at this time of year. We both had the usual warm winter wear which was most acceptable and fitted. However, we also had very glamourous and unsuitable watches neither of which work so far! But the real unusual gift we had was from our Bulgarian neighbour who very generously gave us a duck! It was, however, alive so my Hero had to kill it after it spent the night with the chickens, hang it in the woodshed for a couple of days when I was ready to gut it and cook it. Its in the oven as I speak.
Its probable quite a normal gift in a Bulgarian village and I think it was because my Hero regularly digs the track leading to both our houses out and generally gives help where he can. I think there was an element of humour though that we foreigners had to do the deed which, of course, Bulgarians think we won't know how. Not something we would choose to do but there you go - when in Bulgaria.......
Any more unusual Bulgarian gifts?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's your most unusual gift this Christmas?   What's your most unusual gift this Christmas? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 6:52 pm

A bit late but for me it was an Arabic book of poetry which I don't read :shocked1:it was sent to me by my great aunt who thought I would like it as I am interested in different languages which is true but I have never had any interest in Arabic which is probably the most difficult language in the world.

[size=150:jqn27p7l]الشعر العربي
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: What's your most unusual gift this Christmas?   What's your most unusual gift this Christmas? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 9:46 am

Andy that sounds as unsuitable as our glamourous watches which don't work! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your most unusual gift this Christmas?   What's your most unusual gift this Christmas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your most unusual gift this Christmas?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1