What a headache!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

What a headache!!! Empty
PostSubject: What a headache!!!   What a headache!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:09 pm

First of all Merry Christmas to all forum members.

[url=http:
//yoursmiles.
org/g-christmas.
php?page=25:7kasain2][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/url:7kasain2]

It only seems like a couple of months ago me and the OH were looking at the possibility of moving to BG and before we know the end of the year is here.

As you are aware we have now sold our house and in a position to potentially buy a property in BG for living the lifestyle that many only dream of (near self sufficiency away from the rat race). We have time after time been checking out websites selling portperty in BG, but basically have got to a satge of being overloaded with all offers out there. I find it very hard to comprehend what appear to be decent properties seem to have been on the market all the time that we have been looking (over last 8 months).

So much is said about avoiding bad estate agents, but trying to do reviews via "
Google"
it is impossible to sort the good from the bad. The frustrating thing at the moment is we ARE coming to BG in March to check out properties, but having limited time combined with no solid recommendations of reputable estate agents who won't fleece you it is almost impossible to filter out potential properties to view from what we have seen.

Forum members recommendeded Stara Planina Properties, but we don't want to put "
all our eggs in one basket"
. There are properties we have seen via Rightmove being sold through such agents as Premium Porperties BG, Yantra Homes, Bulgaria Properties to name a few, but what with the economic climate affecting the speed that properties are sold and not knowing the good and the bad agents we feel at the moment we are in a stalemate situation :Headbang:of not being able to move forward for contacting prospective agents for viewing in March.

Any advice/help would be appreciated via thPM if you do not want to place it on the open forum.

Many thanks

Mr EQ
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

What a headache!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a headache!!!   What a headache!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Hi Guys

I am sorry this is causing you a headache. I guess we can all tell you our story and equally what huge headaches we had too, but we got over them and so will you. You have to decide on what area you want to settle in first then take your chance with the estate agents, they will be setting up the sale only as there is no company to set up now. If it will help all of these estate agents should have feedback reports on their website, have a read thought that than ask them questions - see how lot it takes them to respond. You will have to look around at as many properties as you can and be specific with your requirements as the agent will take you to what they think you want and quite frankly waste your time. They did that to us, a whole day wasted and then charged us around 100lev for fuel. There are many good estate agents I am sure you will sort it out soon. Best of luck.

Oddy g
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

What a headache!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a headache!!!   What a headache!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:43 pm

come over to bulgaria and rent for a while. you are in the best position to take your time, look around, see the various locations and see the properties for yourself. g
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

What a headache!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a headache!!!   What a headache!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:20 pm

There is an amazing amount of choice at the moment. When I bought 9 years ago in April, there was hardly anything around. There was so little on the market that it was relatively easy to find somewhere. In a week, I saw and bought the first property I saw and fell in love with, although I did see about 6 others. I made the right choice. Maybe I was easy to please or just found the house replicated my summer holidays on an Aunt's smallholding when I was 7 years old!
Without sounding too rude, I think buyers are expecting too much and getting too fussy. Property in Bulgaria is so different and even renovated houses will have faults because this is Bulgaria and often the building standards fall short of what might be expected in Britain. Both the houses we have bought and lived in for years have suited us and any shortcomings have been easy to deal with. Hoodwever, I don't think we are typical!
I still say that Stara Planina are very good and did not charge us for fuel. There prices include everything. Similarly, we have had no problems with Century Homes or Bulgarian Properties who you will find on Rightmove and The Move websites.
Remember that whatever is on the market will certainly be much much cheaper than a comparable property in UK. You really have to visit and see for yourself. Pretty pictures on websites tell you very little really and the write-ups are always overblown or sometimes downright lies.
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

What a headache!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a headache!!!   What a headache!!! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 8:26 pm

oldun wrote:
There is an amazing amount of choice at the moment. When I bought 9 years ago in April, there was hardly anything around. There was so little on the market that it was relatively easy to find somewhere. In a week, I saw and bought the first property I saw and fell in love with, although I did see about 6 others. I made the right choice. Maybe I was easy to please or just found the house replicated my summer holidays on an Aunt's smallholding when I was 7 years old!
Without sounding too rude, I think buyers are expecting too much and getting too fussy. Property in Bulgaria is so different and even renovated houses will have faults because this is Bulgaria and often the building standards fall short of what might be expected in Britain. Both the houses we have bought and lived in for years have suited us and any shortcomings have been easy to deal with. Hoodwever, I don't think we are typical!
I still say that Stara Planina are very good and did not charge us for fuel. There prices include everything. Similarly, we have had no problems with Century Homes or Bulgarian Properties who you will find on Rightmove and The Move websites.
Remember that whatever is on the market will certainly be much much cheaper than a comparable property in UK. You really have to visit and see for yourself. Pretty pictures on websites tell you very little really and the write-ups are always overblown or sometimes downright lies.

Much appreciated Oldun

We are not expecting a showhome and realise that standards are not the same as in the UK. We basically want a 'home' that we can make our own in BG and lead a simpler life.

Mr Eq
Back to top Go down
Darrell
Junior user
Junior user

What a headache!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a headache!!!   What a headache!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 am

Hi its Darrell

We have lived here for 4 years now in a small village called ilindentsi near Sandanski, its a lovely area and well worth a look.

The weather here is different to the rest of Bulgaria, for example we have had one day of snow so far and the average temperature this week is 12 degrees, its not always like this but because of its close proximity to Greece its generally one of the hottest areas of Bulgaria.

Its a thriving area and has a lot to offer, we have fitted in well here and know most of the villagers, there are several houses for sale in our village and we have been approached by some of the owners who have told us that if we know of anyone who wants to buy they will sell the house without the agent and for in some cases less than half the price of the agents price, its not hard to sort out the documentation if you have the right people that can help.

We would be willing to help you if you wanted, or I could send you photos of the area and of the houses.

Please let me stipulate that I am not an agent and don't want to make any money from any of this, I am just trying to give you a different angle to look at buying here and to help as a forum member ( that's why we are here ).

I have all but finished my house here, and believe you me I now know who do use for building work, where to buy material, witch notary to use, how to apply for planning permission etc.

The offer of help is a genuine one and please let me stipulate this again I would do this to help you not to make money.

All the best with your search keep an open mind and do your home work, life here is good and its what you make of it, its not for everyone but you can make it work if you start of on the right foot.

Kind Regards

Darrell
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

What a headache!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a headache!!!   What a headache!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:29 am

What a headache!!! 3356871870 Darrell

Your comments are spot on and fit the spirit of our forum family perfectly.

What a headache!!! 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Brian1
Senior user
Senior user
Brian1

What a headache!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a headache!!!   What a headache!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 9:40 am

Darrell wrote:
Hi its Darrell

We have lived here for 4 years now in a small village called ilindentsi near Sandanski, its a lovely area and well worth a look.

The weather here is different to the rest of Bulgaria, for example we have had one day of snow so far and the average temperature this week is 12 degrees, its not always like this but because of its close proximity to Greece its generally one of the hottest areas of Bulgaria.

Its a thriving area and has a lot to offer, we have fitted in well here and know most of the villagers, there are several houses for sale in our village and we have been approached by some of the owners who have told us that if we know of anyone who wants to buy they will sell the house without the agent and for in some cases less than half the price of the agents price, its not hard to sort out the documentation if you have the right people that can help.

We would be willing to help you if you wanted, or I could send you photos of the area and of the houses.

Please let me stipulate that I am not an agent and don't want to make any money from any of this, I am just trying to give you a different angle to look at buying here and to help as a forum member ( that's why we are here ).

I have all but finished my house here, and believe you me I now know who do use for building work, where to buy material, witch notary to use, how to apply for planning permission etc.

The offer of help is a genuine one and please let me stipulate this again I would do this to help you not to make money.

All the best with your search keep an open mind and do your home work, life here is good and its what you make of it, its not for everyone but you can make it work if you start of on the right foot.

Kind Regards

Darrell

Excellent reply from you, and yes unlike many other forums we are all here to help as much as we can. Good luck. What a headache!!! 1430720830
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

What a headache!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a headache!!!   What a headache!!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Darrell, thank you so much for taking the time to reply. All your comments are very much appreciated. g

We have looked at the south, but there is not a lot of information on the internet, other than holidays to the springs. We definitely want to explore there, but have no idea how to fit everything in, definitely not in one trip, though two are planned for spring. I think the area is much more important that the house, there are plenty of those (though mainly further North) but inside information is of much more interest than Estate Agent sales talk.

Once again, thank you. T

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What a headache!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a headache!!!   What a headache!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What a headache!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Information about buying property and living in Bulgaria-