altText

A soapbox maybe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

A soapbox maybe? Empty
PostSubject: A soapbox maybe?   A soapbox maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:07 am

Hello Admin and a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your band of helpers.
I was wondering if it would be worthwhile to have a soapbox? This is a great forum and 'trolls'kept at bay but sometimes folk might want a rant. I know I do from time to time. A good old rant helps get it out of the system and might pep up the forum. When debates occasionally start on other topics they might be missed because people are not interested in the subject.
However, after years of reading forums and blogs there is nothing more likely to get people posting than to have a good old argument specifically on a soapbox. Just thought that those who read (and there must be many) but don't post might be stirred into action.
What do you think people?
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

A soapbox maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A soapbox maybe?   A soapbox maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks Oldun

We are looking into that for you now - g
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

A soapbox maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A soapbox maybe?   A soapbox maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:26 pm

The only problem with a soapbox area of the forum is the subjects are quite emotive and can soon descend into all out war (meaning much more work for us Moderators!).

We'll discuss between Admin and Moderators and get back to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
oldun
Super user
Super user

A soapbox maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A soapbox maybe?   A soapbox maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:54 pm

Oh my gosh - hadn't thought of the work involved for you all, however might be worth it to get people posting with the proviso that things must not get too heated!!! T s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A soapbox maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A soapbox maybe?   A soapbox maybe? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A soapbox maybe?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Forum Problems & Suggestions-