altText
altText
altText

best bg properties

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrogShadow

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 am

We bought our place through best BG properties last year and it was nothing short of a nightmere. At first everything was fine and they seemed to know what they were doing but then everything hit the fan. We were promised a fully furnished house.....everything was gone and they said they had scrapped it all. They promised to replace our missing things.......it has been 7 months since I heard from them. I just sent them another email this morning to give them a wake up. When we first came to our house last september we checked with the agents that the man would have moved out and that they could send the keys to a hostel in plovdiv where we were flying to. This was all sorted and organised, the guy had moved out and we flew out. The keys never turned up and they said they didnt have them to send, and this is because the guy was still living in the house. So we were stuck with nowhere to go. The icing on the cake was in June this year when I had a slightly angry man banging on my door saying he was still paying our electric bills......again, something the estate agents comfirmed they had changed over in march.

I emailed them a complaint and they just got really defensive. It was as if they just did not care how much they messed us about. They did in the end agree to replace the petchkas.......which i think is poor because there was a lot of very useful things in that property before they scrapped it all so they could make more money. Not to mention all the money we spent staying in b and b's when they messed us about last year. So 7 months after my complaint I have no new petchka's.....not even a peep from them. Do they actually give a flying turnip? Maybe in another 7 months I will get a response to my email this morning. Maybe I should just give up and forget about it, because banging my head against a brick wall might make more sense.

What a faff! Wish I'd known then what I know now, I wouldnt have used an estate agent, I'd have gone private through our amazing translator Dilyana in Yambol. Does everyone have there problems or were we just unlucky?

Rant Over!

Steff
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: Re: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:04 am

sorry to read about your bad luck. unfortunately the estate agent you used has a bit of a reputation. If you want the man removing from your house you need to contact the local police. There was a man living in my mothers house when we first came over. all we had to do is produce our house deeds and the policeman supervised him leaving the same day. Same with the missing stuff i'd be contacting a lawyer or the police if i was you. They can and will ignore you indefinately. The only think to consider is you must have proof the objects existed and belonged to you or under bulgarian law they can do nothing, so if you dont have receipts or a contract you can pretty much kiss ur stuff goodbye. good luck hope you get sorted. best bg properties 1430720830
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: Re: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:23 am

Sorry to hear you have had such a time of it. But thank you, from a couple who have yet to buy, for highlighting the problems you have had. It is very useful for new people to know others' experiences, good or bad.

Hope you are able to get over all this and get on with your plans. Apart from renovations and furniture, we are planning something similar. Mr Eq is not gifted in the art of building, strictly a DIY trier....but he does love a project.

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: Re: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 12:21 pm

beautifulangel wrote:
sorry to read about your bad luck. unfortunately the estate agent you used has a bit of a reputation. If you want the man removing from your house you need to contact the local police. There was a man living in my mothers house when we first came over. all we had to do is produce our house deeds and the policeman supervised him leaving the same day. Same with the missing stuff i'd be contacting a lawyer or the police if i was you. They can and will ignore you indefinately. The only think to consider is you must have proof the objects existed and belonged to you or under bulgarian law they can do nothing, so if you dont have receipts or a contract you can pretty much kiss ur stuff goodbye. good luck hope you get sorted. best bg properties 1430720830

What you have said in the above post in theory is correct, in practice, it's another ball game. I am not going to go into the history of our experiences as many members are aware of what we have been through and still it goes on with no conclusion, and the only people who seem to benefit out of criminal activities are the lawyers
Summary:- (1) Our villa illegally sold four years ago by Dimitar Teoharov, found guilty by four Dobrich Courts and the Sofia Supreme Court
Arrested and dealt with NO
(2) Our villa illegally purchased by Metodi in Sofia, found guilty, Arrested and dealt with NO
(3) Before I could get out there the whole villa was gutted, by Metodi's men, just bare wires left hanging out of the wall and ceiling
Arrested and dealt with NO
(4) Court ordered a payment to me from Metodi as the deeds showed he purchased for 10,000leva and we purchased for 94,000Euro, also Metodi must pay my 8,000 Euro legal fees because we won the case. Have we seen any money NO
Claim on Insurance for our loss and damage to property, swimming pool and garden etc. Have we been paid out, NO
(5) Over the last three years me and my family have been subjected to vile, disgusting anonymous messages and death threats via email and telephone by a British person who claimed to have been part of the gang, Has he been arrested NO
On the positive side, we are still there, we still own our villa and are very proud of it, we love Bulgaria and we love the village and the community, and do we intend to get the best out of it, YES T
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: Re: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 1:52 pm

Dare I say you are not alone in being caught (ripped off) best bg properties 794030042

It is a shame that you never joined this forum before you bought you could have asked questions. But never mind move on. The only way you might settle your dispute with these people is via a lawyer/ or the Police. Sometimes a threat to go to the Financial Police causes somewhat of a stir as the Bulgarian business types seem to be scared of them, I wonder why........

Advice is always free but never use people that cannot be trusted or are an unknown quantity. In another post you have asked for a plasterer use a real tradesman as you may be sorry if you use the DIY person or the so called BG maister :Headbang:Unless these guys are part of a proper building company then 9 times out of 10 the are not what the say they are, and going by our experience even then they may not be.

Good luck keep posting g
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: Re: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 2:41 pm

Hello frogshadow
tonyb60 says:- It is a shame that you never joined this forum before you bought you could have asked questions
Easy to be wise after the event tony, and as far as DIY (which you are not in favour of) is concerned there are some people out there who are well able to perform a professional job without ripping people off
Back to top Go down
FrogShadow

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: Re: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:13 am

thankyou so much for all your posts. it seems bulgarian complanies like to make us squirm. i got an email back and the woman was just very patronizing and rude, accusing me of lying and she doesnt know why I am so bothered about it all.....even though we emailed eachother for a month last year about it all. i know very good translator / lawyer lady in yambol i think when i get back to bulgaria in march i shall go and see her. in the mean time i think i'll make them sweat with threats of the financial police and lawyers. its a good thing i have copies of all the emails conversations we have had [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

thankyou all for your advice and comments, happy winter [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: Re: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 12:40 pm

Quote :
Sometimes a threat to go to the Financial Police causes somewhat of a stir as the Bulgarian business types seem to be scared of them

Tony - Please could you explain who / what are the Financial Police ?
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: Re: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Rakiaplease wrote:
Quote :
Sometimes a threat to go to the Financial Police causes somewhat of a stir as the Bulgarian business types seem to be scared of them

Good question. It was a phrase given to us by a Bulgarian friend and we used it once with dramatic effect. I think it means the Bulgarian tax man e.g the man that polices the money.
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: Re: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 12:50 pm

Now I understand. The word 'taxman' has the same effect all over the world best bg properties 2334215883
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: Re: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 12:58 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
Rakiaplease wrote:
Quote :

Good question. It was a phrase given to us by a Bulgarian friend and we used it once with dramatic effect. I think it means the Bulgarian tax man e.g the man that polices the money.

Would it be rude to ask you why you had to use it and what was the dramatic effect, because I would love to use it and get a dramatic conclusion to all the money that is owing me T
PS My enquiry could also be of use to other members on the forum who have been shafted
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: Re: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 1:06 pm

Quote :
Would it be rude to ask you why you had to use it and what was the dramatic effect, because I would love to use it and get a dramatic conclusion to all the money that is owing me
PS My enquiry could also be of use to other members on the forum who have been shafted

Same here !
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: Re: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Sorry but financial issues are private.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: Re: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Although sorry to hear this sad tale but how, I wonder, did you find and choose this agent? There are agents around who have been in business for years with good reputations. I would guess they are not top of the list of agents. Were they cheap?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

best bg properties Empty
PostSubject: Re: best bg properties   best bg properties Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

best bg properties

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1