altText

Does spelling real matter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Does spelling real matter Empty
PostSubject: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:53 am

OK now see if you can read this - I am dreadful at spelling, unfortunately I cannot see my own mistakes but I can read this Does spelling real matter 3135333095 Now I wonder is that a good think Does spelling real matter 2345823347

Cna yuo raed tihs? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 11:14 am

could read that ..no prob oddy
im the worlds worst speller...how i ever got my english language 'O' level i will never know.....
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 11:47 am

varnagirl wrote:
im the worlds worst speller...how i ever got my english language 'O' level i will never know.....

Join the club VG - problem is I read that with ease Does spelling real matter 2345823347 , should I be worried Does spelling real matter 1865348797
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:02 pm

oddball wrote:
varnagirl wrote:

Join the club VG - problem is I read that with ease Does spelling real matter 2345823347 , should I be worried Does spelling real matter 1865348797

No Bernie you should not be worried it is quite normal to read these types of script. Having a daughter that is dyslectic you get quite used to reading things that are spelt wrong or phrases that are often the wrong way round, like par cark etc. Does spelling real matter 1536469901
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:15 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
oddball wrote:
varnagirl wrote:

No Bernie you should not be worried it is quite normal to read these types of script. Having a daughter that is dyslectic you get quite used to reading things that are spelt wrong or phrases that are often the wrong way round, like par cark etc. Does spelling real matter 1536469901

phew!!!! Thank goodness for that Does spelling real matter 2706089290
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:39 pm

It shouldn't be a problem to most people..we have brains which work a little like the 'predictive text' function on a mobile phone or tablet..only we are able to decipher garbled text without pressing buttons! Does spelling real matter 3367882216
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 3:46 pm

I am the worlds worse speller and as previously written i don't know when its wrong, nor can i find words in a dictonary because usually i'm miles off. I dont think it should be a big deal. But I think the way its taught in schools its not surprising how many people cant spell. I have six kids, five of which spell apaulingly. In infant school they are told everything they write is good and right. No corrections for spelling or punctuation. The idea being that they will gain confidence and write more. However it is completely soul distroying to find from 11 onwards that everything you write is wrong and not only do you get picked upon it, you also get penalised for it. Last yr I missed out on a first in my degree soley on spelling. So for all you good spellers, I wish i was one of you but i don't spell it wrong because im lazy or trying to annoy. Does spelling real matter 794030042 H
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:03 pm

beautifulangel wrote:
I am the worlds worse speller and as previously written i don't know when its wrong, nor can i find words in a dictonary because usually i'm miles off. I dont think it should be a big deal. But I think the way its taught in schools its not surprising how many people cant spell. I have six kids, five of which spell apaulingly. In infant school they are told everything they write is good and right. No corrections for spelling or punctuation. The idea being that they will gain confidence and write more. However it is completely soul distroying to find from 11 onwards that everything you write is wrong and not only do you get picked upon it, you also get penalised for it. Last yr I missed out on a first in my degree soley on spelling. So for all you good spellers, I wish i was one of you but i don't spell it wrong because im lazy or trying to annoy. Does spelling real matter 794030042 H

Ah bless, you do great BFL Actually I am very good at spelling its the typing bit I just never see where I have missed the letters. I used to have programme on one of my computers that actually picked that up when it read the text aloud, but lost it along the way.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:20 pm

When someone writes a text using pen and paper the odd spelling mistake is bound to occur, but such mistakes should be very rare if you use the 'spellchecker' facility when writing on your computer, particularly if you have the language set to UK English ( US English sometimes spells words a little differently to 'proper' English). Anytime you get the squiggly red line under a word you've just typed...!
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:42 pm

bgbazz wrote:
When someone writes a text using pen and paper the odd spelling mistake is bound to occur, but such mistakes should be very rare if you use the 'spellchecker' facility when writing on your computer, particularly if you have the language set to UK English ( US English sometimes spells words a little differently to 'proper' English). Anytime you get the squiggly red line under a word you've just typed...!

Bazz I forgot to say I am a blind a bat Does spelling real matter 1865348797
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Be that as it may my dear..I happen to think you have a very clear vision of the good in this world..and I admire you tremendously for it.

s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:55 pm

[quote="
bgbazz"
]Be that as it may my dear..I happen to think you have a very clear vision of the good in this world..and I admire you tremendously for it.

Ah diddle H you too :Does spelling real matter 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:05 pm

Now I'm blushing..been a long time since a lady made that comment. I meant to include Dougie in the original post, sorry mate.

The world would be a better place if there were more like you two and less of the other type.. Does spelling real matter 2706089290
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 6:12 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Now I'm blushing..been a long time since a lady made that comment. I meant to include Dougie in the original post, sorry mate.

The world would be a better place if there were more like you two and less of the other type.. Does spelling real matter 2706089290

Does spelling real matter 1865348797
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:34 pm

beautifulangel wrote:
But I think the way its taught in schools its not surprising how many people cant spell. I have six kids, five of which spell apaulingly. In infant school they are told everything they write is good and right.Does spelling real matter 794030042 H

When I was at school, which was many years ago, our maths teacher often asked a student to spell the word "
necessary"
- as a consequence we all new how to spell that word if nothing else. Our English teacher made us write letters very often, I believe this put us in good stead for problems later in life, what they do in school now is a complete mystery. I cringe when I see messages sent on a text, this is indeed a language on it's own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does spelling real matter   Does spelling real matter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does spelling real matter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next