altText

Third Party Insurance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Third Party Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Third Party Insurance   Third Party Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 5:42 am

Now this subject of Third Party Insurance may have been covered at some point so forgive me as I am getting on a bit.

This is a true story which happened to my mate in July this year.He went shopping in Dobrich and parked his vehicle legally which was a Land Rover and came back to find it was not as he left it. The vehicle had been hit whist parked on the front end causing exstensive damage to his bumper and his wing. The offending motorist had the decency to leave his details under the wiper blade which I commend him for. The chap was contacted and also the police and a meeting was held at Dobrich police station to sort out the insurance and validity of the vehicles and licences.About the insurance? Well my mate told me that the chap had Third Party and I said to him you will be covered and your vehicle will be repaired through his insurance company.He looked at me and said that it doesn't work like that here as all the company will pay for is "
Second hand car parts"
and I have to go and find them, also they will only pay for a small percentage of the repair on Third Party.I was gob smacked to be honest when he said that! So as far as I can figure out that the Third Party Insurance really isn't worth the paper it is written on hardly apart from being a "
producer"
to the police whilst being stopped!
I spoke to my Bulgarian mate Plumen and asked him about this event and he told me that this is the way it is unless you have fully Comprehensive insurance then you are covered for everything.He said that my mate was lucky as a lot of Bulgarians especially gypsies don't have any insurance at all.
I have no reason to doubt my mate but I wonder if anyone can throw any light on this subject of Third Party Insurance?
Getting to the offending motorist and the hitting of a parked car! It is very hard to hit a stationary vehicle unless you are not paying attention to your driving or perhaps going to fast or even intoxicated and not leaving out a medical condition like Diabetes.I asked my mate if the police had investigated the cause of this accident by the driver considering his vehicle was parked? He told me that the driver had to swerve out of the way of an on coming vehicle and had no where to go apart from hitting his vehicle.That is a load of bull! He commited an offence of one the reasons I have given and I suspect he was driving to fast in an urban area as he could have braked and avoided the situation. Personally if this had happend in the UK I would have gone for "
driving without due care and attention"
if there was no medical reason offered by the offending driver. But somehow the police here didn't bat an eye lid and ignored the reason why a parked vehicle was hit!
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Third Party Insurance   Third Party Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:05 am

The extent of coverage depends on which insurance company you use for your third party cover. I was intrigued by your post so ten minutes ago phoned the lady who organises the coverage for my vehicles..she confirmed that some providers are like that and advised that you should shop around for the deal that suits you..the company I use covers me fully.
Buyer beware!

The business of bad driving and the stance of the police seems to be fairly typical, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Third Party Insurance   Third Party Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:17 am

we have full cover, but it is expensive and one has to ask, is it worth it. my rav insurance costs 1,800 levs plus the compulsory third party as well. Third Party Insurance 794030042
as the car gets older it wont be worth insuring fully comp as i would have 1,800 towards any damage incurred. catch 22 really. Third Party Insurance 2345823347
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Third Party Insurance   Third Party Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 12:19 pm

You are quite right..it is a catch 22 situation. It pays to shop around for sure. In the UK full comp for the Nissan Patrol is around 650 pounds or so for an agreed value policy, but here I have the same thing for just under 800 leva.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Third Party Insurance   Third Party Insurance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Third Party Insurance

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1