Bulgarian Police on Facebook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Bulgarian Police on Facebook Empty
PostSubject: Bulgarian Police on Facebook   Bulgarian Police on Facebook Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:17 pm

Have a read of the following link and it might confirm why so many people are unhappy with the way Bulgarian police do their duties, or more to the point don't do their duties. Whether you are for or against living in the UK I think you must agree that the British police do an honest shift in most cases
Mind you I would not want to be involved with the way the police have to operate, in many cases they have to supply their own Mobile phone, buy their own coffee, go to the toilet which is a hole in the ground, some of their conditions are pretty grim
Health and Safety, what is that they might ask :Bulgarian Police on Facebook 3897195628: Bulgarian Police on Facebook 2345823347 Bulgarian Police on Facebook 3998065313
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ption-865/
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Police on Facebook   Bulgarian Police on Facebook Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 5:52 am

As I understand being a policeman in Bulgaria isn't the greatest paid job in Bulgaria and the equipment isn't that good.For instance if you are a British policeman you have the advantage of the Police National Computer (PNC) where you can check the vehicle details and the owners before even stopping it (Tugging it) by talking to the controller. Also you can have contact via a Airwave radio with other officers in your area which gives you the benifits of a long range Walkie Talkie and speaking to "
control"
along with a red emergency button on top should you get into difficulties and need assistance fast. The other advantage is that there is a "
Ping"
given off by the Airwave radio showing control where you are on a map which indicates your call sign.

So the old saying goes "
If you pay peanuts you will get "
Monkeys"
and this goes for many other Eastern European police forces. I am not justifying the Bulgarian police officers short comings as there is at times a moral issue with some of their attitudes towards the way they carry out their duties and to be honest a good percentage would never get to be a policeman in Western Europe.
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Police on Facebook   Bulgarian Police on Facebook Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 6:25 am

Have to agree with Speedy on this. As an ex Merseyside Police officer, I know that there are standards to be upheld, as the UK police, despite many critiscisms are still held in high regard by the vast majority of the public. The problem is comparing like for like. UK officers enjoy many benefits that the Bulgarians do not and probably will not, not in my lifetime anyway. The behaviour of these and other officers that has been highlighted on FB is probably only the tip of a very big iceberg . Corruption, sadly starts at the top and worms its way into any organisation if it is not checked. This behaviour is at best tolerated by senior or supervisory officers, or it is actively condoned. Either way, until someone higher up the chain of command gets a grip of it, it will continue. I think though it will take someone with great moral courage to tackle this problem within the Bulgarian Police and I dont know if that person exists. Ray.
PS, If the government spent a few bob on some new uniforms it might make them proud to wear it. Its a small step that could reap great benefits. Ray Bulgarian Police on Facebook 794030042
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Police on Facebook   Bulgarian Police on Facebook Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Your right Ray if they had a new smart uniform a few of them would alter their attitude and be proud of what they represent. I think their vehicles need a bit of an update but I think they don't have the funds to do this. However as ex Traffic Police in Suffolk I could not believe that a Traffic car near Varna was pulling in vehicles in what I would call a dangerous place on the side of a carridge way and also the police vehcile had a head light completetly out. Now I know they cannot afford to replace the fleet but a basic item like a head light bulb? As you said if some brave sole in the upper echelon was to take it upon their selves by getting the simple stuff working correctly then just perhaps slowly the rest would fall into place.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Police on Facebook   Bulgarian Police on Facebook Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 1:06 pm

speedgunner wrote:
Your right Ray if they had a new smart uniform a few of them would alter their attitude and be proud of what they represent. I think their vehicles need a bit of an update but I think they don't have the funds to do this. However as ex Traffic Police in Suffolk I could not believe that a Traffic car near Varna was pulling in vehicles in what I would call a dangerous place on the side of a carridge way and also the police vehcile had a head light completetly out. Now I know they cannot afford to replace the fleet but a basic item like a head light bulb? As you said if some brave sole in the upper echelon was to take it upon their selves by getting the simple stuff working correctly then just perhaps slowly the rest would fall into place.

A good point, but I have to say I personally don't think a smart uniform would make any difference at all, but I think better working conditions would. I have been on business on a number of occasions in a couple of their Police stations, they are horrible, they are still like communism days, they are cold, the offices are totally out of date and very dingy and full of nicotine and stale smoke

As far as their vehicles are concerned, I would bet that not many would pass a genuine MOT test, and as far as the traffic police and car's are concerned, it is the easy for them to stop an innocent person, but I have noticed that it does take three of them, one to step out into your path with his lolly-pop, the second one to ask for your documents (I never let them have my passport) and the third one to look after the car, sitting in the drivers seat having a smoke

Last year, I was driving from Burgas to Dobrich via Varna. I was stopped four times and quizzed, that is not on and by the time I got to Dobrich I needed a stiff drink, after I had completed my eventful journey I might add

I am afraid, to come up to western standards they have got a lot to learn and I don't think that will happen in my life time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian Police on Facebook   Bulgarian Police on Facebook Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bulgarian Police on Facebook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1