altText

Village praznik today nov 1st

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Village praznik today nov 1st Empty
PostSubject: Village praznik today nov 1st   Village praznik today nov 1st Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi everyone - Can anyone remind me what festival (Praznik) is celebrated today Nov 1st? We were invited to the Pensioner's party as usual and had a great time. It was also good because the electic has been off and on for most of today though goodness knows why - we haven't even had a really big storm yet! Anyway, we all enjoyed ourselves and our choir lady brought her accordian and we had a singsong and a bit of a 'Hora' after a super meal of fish, mashed potato, rice and a coleslaw (not sure what that would be called in Bulgarian). The Mayor filled everyone's glasses and the Community ladies served the meal. I think its lovely to be old in a Bulgarian village. We are all getting crinkly together so when I see a few more wrinkles in the mirror and a few more aches in my legs I know I am in good company. I asked a lady with a walking stick if she had a big problem and she just shrugged and said 'stara' (old) meaning that's life. Brilliant.
Anyway, aches and pains or not a good time was had by all and much appreciated. Lovely to be asked with an official invitation too. I can't leave Bulgaria can I???? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Village praznik today nov 1st   Village praznik today nov 1st Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Is it Bulgarian National Revival Day
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Village praznik today nov 1st   Village praznik today nov 1st Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:52 pm

oldun wrote:
Hi everyone - Can anyone remind me what festival (Praznik) is celebrated today Nov 1st? We were invited to the Pensioner's party as usual and had a great time. It was also good because the electic has been off and on for most of today though goodness knows why - we haven't even had a really big storm yet! Anyway, we all enjoyed ourselves and our choir lady brought her accordian and we had a singsong and a bit of a 'Hora' after a super meal of fish, mashed potato, rice and a coleslaw (not sure what that would be called in Bulgarian). The Mayor filled everyone's glasses and the Community ladies served the meal. I think its lovely to be old in a Bulgarian village. We are all getting crinkly together so when I see a few more wrinkles in the mirror and a few more aches in my legs I know I am in good company. I asked a lady with a walking stick if she had a big problem and she just shrugged and said 'stara' (old) meaning that's life. Brilliant.
Anyway, aches and pains or not a good time was had by all and much appreciated. Lovely to be asked with an official invitation too. I can't leave Bulgaria can I???? :lol!
Quote :

Does not matter what event it is just enjoy it Village praznik today nov 1st 739492727
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Village praznik today nov 1st   Village praznik today nov 1st Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 8:27 am

Thanks Nu2bg I should have remembered but it was enjoyed by all, which is what counts, plus the fact that these historic events are still celebrated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Village praznik today nov 1st   Village praznik today nov 1st Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Village praznik today nov 1st

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1