satellite boxes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

satellite boxes - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 1:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

A question: Where can I buy a satellite box in Veliko Turnovo? I tried Vali computers but got sent to Bulsatcome! Tried Technomarket and got sent next door to Praktiker!!!! My box (Voltel) seems to have died. I had all the free programmes through it plus BBC World and Euronews which Bulsatcom doesn't have anymore! The rest are mostly foreign but I do miss the news and a couple of money market programmes. English TV sadly lacks most European news and I like to watch first thing in the morning with my cuppa in bed. Any ideas? Winter's coming on so I would really like my news back. I hate CNN!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 4:11 pm

Equinus wrote:
itchyfeet wrote:
oddball wrote:
Amazing this year we have dongle internet and sattilite tv in our villa - we have come a long way in seven years. Look forward to proper internet and cable tv next year. satellite boxes - Page 3 1536469901

We also have a dongle internet and satellite TV and just as the Winter has appeared to start we are watching more TV. Only trouble is our Vivacom programmes seemed to have changed for the worse, up until 9 pm there is only one film channel in English and that is usually a repeat, the other seven are in French, German or Italian. This in stark contrast to the Summer when nearly all the film channels were in English. We have looked at the cost of Sky over here and without an English card from a friend or relative it is rather on the expensive side. So I will be reinstalling our Turkish dreambox with a new dish and home in on the Dubai films that we got in Turkey, they are good and not repeated very much.

satellite boxes - Page 3 1536469901

Eric, does your dongle stop you using Filmon? All the usual channels and free to boot. You need to connect your computer to TV with a cable though.

As much as I would be more than happy to use Filmon, the dongle is next to useless for streaming anything. We can't use Skype or BBC Iplayer or ITV Iplayer which is a shame because we used them in Turkey and got good results. Roll on with the Dubai films with the dream box!!

:satellite boxes - Page 3 3897195628: :satellite boxes - Page 3 3897195628:
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 4:56 pm

Just keep reminding yourselves that it will get better..eventually!! Strange thing down my way..my village internet speed is around 3 times faster than in the city! I have Filmon installed, but rarely use it except to watch a bit of Australian telly or BBC News. Filmon works OK except for ITV2, which goes 'rrrrs up' every so often..all the other channels seem to work fine.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 7:19 pm

bgbazz wrote:
Just keep reminding yourselves that it will get better..eventually!! Strange thing down my way..my village internet speed is around 3 times faster than in the city! I have Filmon installed, but rarely use it except to watch a bit of Australian telly or BBC News. Filmon works OK except for ITV2, which goes 'rrrrs up' every so often..all the other channels seem to work fine.

You are lucky with your reception then Bazz. I haven't installed my dream box and satellite yet, but was looking at Sky using one of my daughters cards from the UK. I was told by a friend that Sky is not available here in BG and he did mention a few technical issues on how BG can't get it I was lost in tech knowledge after a while. So if that is the case, why is it advertised on the internet for BG? Or is it available here?

:satellite boxes - Page 3 3897195628: :satellite boxes - Page 3 3897195628:
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 9:13 pm

Filmon and the other stuff I mentioned above is all done via the internet and viewed on the laptop or tv, using the HDMI cable.
All other tv is via satellite (around 95 channels) and works extremely well...Sky doesn't interest me at all.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 12:10 am

I don't know how true it is but I was told if we opt for 'Sky Go' on the subscription package you can view sky anywhere in the world. Anyone know if this is correct? c
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 2:12 am

Hi Bernie
Fiend of mine subscribed for Sky GO, as he lives in Greece half the year, could not get it it??
we looked into it and, as stated on their site

Watch live and on demand* entertainment from Sky including Sky Sports and Sky Movies, depending on your Sky TV subscription, [size=150:lwd33227]wherever you are in the UK and Ireland with Sky Go on compatible laptop, mobile, tablet or Xbox 360.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 9:22 am

bulgariabill wrote:
Hi Bernie
Fiend of mine subscribed for Sky GO, as he lives in Greece half the year, could not get it it??
we looked into it and, as stated on their site

Watch live and on demand* entertainment from Sky including Sky Sports and Sky Movies, depending on your Sky TV subscription, [size=150:3ik7pqo9]wherever you are in the UK and Ireland with Sky Go on compatible laptop, mobile, tablet or Xbox 360.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill

Ah thanks Bill so we will forget that one than satellite boxes - Page 3 794030042
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 11:52 am

So Sky looks like a non starter and using a dongle which is next to useless our TV and Internet coverage is really poor. Let's hope that some kind soul places another aerial mast in our village in the not too distant future. Our closest towns have excellent reception for the Internet with cable, but we prefer living in a village.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Satellite is the best way to go for tv in a village..not expensive and very reliable. When I was using a dongle for the internet, I had some success by using a 4 metre usb extension and putting the dongle up on the roof (in a plastic bag) stuck on the end of a broomstick..meant I had to sit beside the window when using the laptop, but it improved the reception and speed quite a lot. Don't be tempted to a cable much longer than that, as it will start to work against you.
Back to top Go down
francandclaire
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 1:30 pm

We have a couple of HD sky boxes but without cards if anyone is looking for a replacement box
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Are these free?
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:36 pm

Andy I would think its free as these old boxes are virtually useless now and the old cards mentioned will no function any longer, I know all this because my son is a Sky engineer/installer. satellite boxes - Page 3 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks Dave I thought that was the case which is why I asked if they were free. T
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:44 pm

Andy..are you looking for something in particular?
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 3:45 pm

No really mate but if something like this is free its useful for parts. T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: satellite boxes   satellite boxes - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

satellite boxes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next