altText

Village vehicles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

Village vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Village vehicles   Village vehicles Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:28 am

I have been here just about a year now and suffered that cold and snowy Winter that is now behind us. I noticed that most of the locals stayed in and I didn't blame them one bit. However me being who I am can get cabin fever as I did last Winter and wished that I had never sold my snow mobile before leaving Canada and I am thinking of buying another one.I have seen chugging around my village all sorts of vehicles that looked like they have been knocked up in the garden shed and seem to drive around the village without any police attention being paid to these vehicles.Now I am all for that so long as they don't escape from the confines of the village and get onto the main roads.My question is that if I buy a snow mobile and use for going around the village let's say to get bread from the village store would this be illegal and would it draw the attention of the village policeman?
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Village vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village vehicles   Village vehicles Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:50 am

This should be interesting.

I should imagine it would depend on a couple of things. One of them being that you are not Bulgarian and there will (probably) be one rule for them and one for "
rich"
incomers, human nature. The other would be how much your vehicle benefited the local community, in fetching shopping, seeing to animals etc that they don't feel the need to go out and do themselves. But if you go stir crazy being by the fire in a harsh winter, you might welcome being of use to the villagers. I think it would all depend on how you use it.

Mrs Eq
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Village vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village vehicles   Village vehicles Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:03 am

not sure on this one, i have seen lawn mower powered modes of transport in the villages, quite amusing but they work. i think the concern would be a snowmobile is a high powered vehicle therefore there will be rules in place for usage. you need to clarify what those are. c but if you can use one that would be a great way of getting about. g
Back to top Go down
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

Village vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village vehicles   Village vehicles Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:59 pm

I agree with starlite I think it would depend on the power you had, I see plenty of funny looking vehicles around which seem to run on mower engines and no one takes any notice I have also see these things in other countries to.
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

Village vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village vehicles   Village vehicles Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:13 pm

The favourite down my way is the rotary hoe with the tine attatchment removed and a tow ball fitted [takes less than fives mins to change over]. They then hook up a trailer which has a seat on the front and off they go. We often have visits from an old couple who live on the other end of our village..he drives and she sits on a sofa in the trailer!! I often see similar 'vehicles' on our country roads, so I guess the coppers don't bother them much. They putt along at about 20 mph.
Back to top Go down
fido
Junior user
Junior user

Village vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village vehicles   Village vehicles Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Quad bikes are quite popular in my village but I don't know what they are like in snow. Possibly not that good with the big fat tyres but I have seen them towing sledges and people on snowboards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Village vehicles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Village vehicles   Village vehicles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Village vehicles

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1