Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria Empty
PostSubject: Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria   Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:15 am

Dire Straits's Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria with New Album Privateering

Mark Knopfler, the legendary vocalist and lead guitarist of the Dire Straits, has confirmed he is due to stage a second concert in Bulgaria after coming here for the seventh issue of Bulgaria's music event Arena Muzika 2008.

Knopfler's concert in Sofia will be part of his European tour dedicated to his latest solo project "
Privateering"

The show will most probably take place in April next year, but the exact timing is still to be fixed.

Mark, who was recently presented with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2012 Ivor Novello Awards (the UK's highest song writing accolade) will tour Europe through April, May, June and July next year performing 72 shows in 25 European countries.

"
Privateering"
is Mark's eighth solo studio album and its 20 original songs form Mark's first ever double album in a 35 year recording career.

"
The older I get, the more I want to write"
he says "
I'm enjoying the process more than ever;
writing, recording and playing live. I enjoy all of it. I'm almost tripping over songs"

Knopfler and his full 8-piece band are looking forward to hitting the road once again in 2013.

"
It's like being captain of a little fighting ship really, and I enjoy the team thing of being on the road"

Amid the new material, when the audiences call for the songs that became part of all our lives, he will relish it.

"
The thing about the old Straits songs is that these things are signposts for people's lives. Obviously I'll play things differently here and there to keep it alive and meaningful to me, and away from a cabaret thing. But there are things, like the twiddly bits at the end of 'Sultans,' if you don't do your twiddly bits, the world's not right for people. I like playing the old songs, I wrote them and people like to hear them, it's as simple as that."

Since the final Dire Straits album in 1991, Knopfler has continued to record and produce albums as a solo artist, under his own name.

Mark released his first solo album Golden Heart in 1996, but then in the first decade of the 21st Century in an elongated hot streak of productivity, Mark released no fewer than 7 solo studio albums on Universal Music, namely.

Knopfler has occasionally played in other groups, such as the "
supergroup"
The Notting Hillbillies. Additionally, he has performed as a guest on works by other artists, including Bob Dylan, Bryan Ferry, Eric Clapton, Jools Holland, Steely Dan and the late Chet Atkins. He has produced albums for artists such as Tina Turner, Randy Newman, Bob Dylan and Emmylou Harris.

He is one of the most respected fingerstyle guitarists of the modern rock era and was ranked #27 on Rolling Stone magazine's list of "
100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time"
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria   Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 9:22 am

[size=55:13hnluku][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ladies and Gentlemen,

After a highly successful concert in Bulgaria in 2008.

Sofia Music Enterprises and LIVE NATION

again have the pleasure to introduce

One of the greatest musicians of all time!

MARK KNOPFLER

April 29, 2013

Sofia, NDK Hall 1, 20h.

Mark Knopfler concert in Bulgaria will be part of his European tour in connection with the issuance of his latest solo production "
Privateering"
. It is due out Sept. 3, 2012. The tour will begin in April 2013 and will cover 25 countries with 72 shows!

World acclaimed guitarist, singer, songwriter and producer Mark Knopfler is the founder and leader of the "
Dire Straits"
- one of the most popular rock bands of the 80s of the last century.

The main "
engine"
of "
Dire Straits"
leave a personal mark on the whole work of the group. With his distinctive guitar style, exceptional super-hits and pulsating rock riffs, "
Dire Straits"
won the recognition of thousands of fans on both sides of the Atlantic.

Along with his work in the group, Mark Knopfler develops super successful solo career, a natural extension of the exceptional musical talent of the artist. Knopfler, a number of joint projects with world famous musicians like Bob Dylan and Randy Newman, and a rich soundtrack to some of the masterpieces in film - Local Hero, Princess Bride and A Shot at Glory.

The first solo album by Mark Knopfler GoldenHeartizliza in 1996 during the first decade of the 21st century, it is covered by a true creative fever. Releasing seven solo studio albums to Universal Music. For his amazing creativity and contribution to world music Grammy winning mega star in four different categories - the most prestigious award for any musician. Guitarist was recently awarded the Lifetime Achievement Ivor Novello Awards (the highest award for songwriters in the UK). Throughout his remarkable musical career Knopfler has sold over 120 million albums.

The newest, eighth, a solo album of legendary guitarist Privateering, contains 20 brand new tracks and is the first double of his career. "
The older I get, the more I write songs - shared Knopfler - I enjoy the whole process, songwriting, recording, and live performances. I have so many ideas for new pieces almost trip over them. "

Concert in Bulgaria Mark Knopfler and 8 - member group of his new album will also meet most of their greatest hits. "
Hits Dire Straits saostavili significant traces the lives of many people. Course, will play these songs in a new and different way.'ve Changed them a bit to sound vital and contemporary. Immutable There are parts such as swings theme from"
Sultans "
if not you play that song, right this way, the world would not be the same for many people - joked the artist - in fact I love to play the old songs.'ve written them, people want to hear them.'s That "

TICKETS

Tickets will be Mark Knopfler prices

50, 60.80, 90 and 100 Levs

and can be purchased from:

· In the treasury of Ticketpro TICKET CENTRE NPC

· Concern in the Arena Armeets Sofia

· Online at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cassini Ticketpro BULGARIA AND ITS PARTNERS
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria   Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:42 am

Many years ago I had the pleasure of playing guitar alongside Mark Knopfler on stage in Leeds.

Top bloke! He even bought a round g
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria   Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 11:20 am

Your very lucky Chris I believe he was and is one of the greats but sadly there aren't many left now and no new ones coming up either. Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria 739492727
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria   Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Chris wrote:
Many years ago I had the pleasure of playing guitar alongside Mark Knopfler on stage in Leeds.

Top bloke! He even bought a round g

Good for you Chris - I was a freelance drummer with rock groups when I was younger, but never lucky enough to play the drums for anyone famous.

Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria 570106603 Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria 570106603
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria   Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mark Knopfler Live in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1