View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Translocation advice please - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Translocation advice please   Translocation advice please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 6:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Mr Eq here,

Trying to get our heads round Translocation advice please - Page 2 794030042 Translocation advice please - Page 2 794030042 :Headbang:what would be the best option for transporting our treasures when we move to Bulgaria.

As you know we would be bringing our dogs with us, but basically we would not be bringing big items (white goods, sofas, wardrobes, tables etc:). As we all know you think we do not have much, but by the time you have packed everything up you end up being surrounded by a wall of boxes. As there are only the two of us, hopefully we can selective enough that we will just bring personal treasures with us.

Now it comes to how to move and what is the best option. If anyone can advise or let us know their experiences that would be great to help us decide what option we go for:

Option 1:
Keep one of our cars and get our items sent over. That way we could just drive out with the dogs and then maybe rent first until our items arrive and register the car.
How expensive is it to get things sent over and has anyone had problems with this method?

Option 2:
Trade our cars in for a decent van (Mercedes Benz - LWB) or transit and then travel out with the intention to then sell/trade the van when we arrive to buy a car.
How easy would it be to sell/trade the van once in Bulgaria?

Option 3:
Buy a 4 x 4 here in the UK with a box trailer and then travel out. Once arriving then register the 4 x4 with Bulgarian registration.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Translocation advice please   Translocation advice please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 10:55 am

Thanks sallyann..all those documents were submitted to KAT at the time, which was six years ago. The problem wasn't with documentation [or lack thereof], more because they hadn't seen one before and the brand didn't show up on their database.
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Translocation advice please   Translocation advice please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:38 pm

I feel that these authorities need to come into the 21st centuary and give there systems an update. I feel for you mate because the frustration it causes doesn't do ones health any good. It really tantermounts to incompedence which in my book is a sin not knowing what to do and not even trying to imrprove by looking at others for assistance and the way they do it instead just bumble along the same old track! Like you if you read my experience with KAT registering my vehicle and one part of the goverment not recognising my I.D. card that the goverment had issued in the first place!!!!
Back to top Go down
justbazz1

PostSubject: Re: Translocation advice please   Translocation advice please - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 7:18 pm

It's nice to know someone else understands. The general understanding of belonging to the EU seems to be...'Hey, we've found a bunch of idiots who will throw money at us, most of which we can stick in our pockets'. The words ' EU Directive' don't apply here..it's a term thought up by the idiots who throw money at us!!

Slowly changing..but, oh so slowly! Translocation advice please - Page 2 794030042
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Translocation advice please   Translocation advice please - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Translocation advice please

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2