altText
altText

Buying Peaches at the Market

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scunnered
Scunnered

Buying Peaches at the Market Empty
PostSubject: Buying Peaches at the Market   Buying Peaches at the Market Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Just back from VT, where I called in at the fruit and veg market. I wanted some fruit, so went up to a stall
selling some lovely looking peaches. Having been caught out before with bruised fruit, I selected four
peaches and was about to hand them to the seller to weigh. He suddenly started to shout at me and
gesticulated that I should put the fruit back, then said "
go, goodbye"
. Everyone turned and looked at me
so I left, tail between my legs! What had I done wrong?
I went to another stall and selected peaches, nectarines and gherkins without any problems.
Later on I met up with my friend, and she was all for going back to the stall and having a showdown
with the owner! We didn't, but really, what was the problem? Should I just accept bruised fruit? Buying Peaches at the Market 794030042
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Buying Peaches at the Market   Buying Peaches at the Market Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Very strange. I've always selected my fruit and veg and passed it to the stall holder to weigh.

Maybe he was having a bad day [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Buying Peaches at the Market   Buying Peaches at the Market Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 4:09 pm

That's terrible I have to agree with Chris I always choose what I want and pass them to the seller.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Buying Peaches at the Market   Buying Peaches at the Market Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 4:20 pm

i have come across this in dobrich 5 years ago, i picked my own fruit and handed it over and they put it all back :Very funny 2:so i went next door to the other fruit stall g
i shop mainly in balchik and have no problems picking fruit and veg myself. but its not nice when it happens. c
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Buying Peaches at the Market   Buying Peaches at the Market Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 4:36 pm

I have no trouble with Apricots or Peaches just go in the garden and pick my own Buying Peaches at the Market 1865348797 Buying Peaches at the Market 1865348797

But on a serious side we always use the same stall holders and when we buy we pick our own but by pointing to the one's we want. The stall holders even pick out the best one's for us as well. g
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

PostSubject: Re: Buying Peaches at the Market   Buying Peaches at the Market Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Maybe he just didn't like the look of me! Buying Peaches at the Market 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Buying Peaches at the Market   Buying Peaches at the Market Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:30 pm

I always pick out what I want - and the stall owners will usually help me!!! I asked for some big potatoes on one occasion and the owner dragged me round the back of the stall so I could pick through the bags at the back.

You did the right thing just to walk away and take your custom elsewhere. g
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Buying Peaches at the Market   Buying Peaches at the Market Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:48 pm

Esta wrote:
I always pick out what I want - and the stall owners will usually help me!!! I asked for some big potatoes on one occasion and the owner dragged me round the back of the stall so I could pick through the bags at the back.

You did the right thing just to walk away and take your custom elsewhere. g

This is what happens with me when I go to the market, I've never had any problems being able to pick out what I want.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Buying Peaches at the Market   Buying Peaches at the Market Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 6:58 pm

This happened to me a few year back in the market place in Silistra - the stall holder was getting very agitated with me picking my own peppers and she was ranting and not at all very happy. When I had finished I gave her what I had picked. She took them and tossed them back on the pile again - I could not believe it Buying Peaches at the Market 3135333095 I gave her a smile and walked to the next place and did the same - no problem at all. Plus I bought more items. I don't know why they do this, perhaps they think it's their job. Now if someone stops me doing something I just turn and walk away. Their loss Buying Peaches at the Market 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying Peaches at the Market   Buying Peaches at the Market Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying Peaches at the Market

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1