Forums and Facebook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
oldun
Super user
Super user

Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:06 am

First topic message reminder :

I was just wondering how a forum on facebook works. Are the posts automatically sent to the 'real' forum and can members on the FB page read the 'real' forum if you see what I mean? I ask because I have joined the FB one and find that there are loads of members on there but not many posts and of course, I wouldn't know if they are on this forum as they use their real names and not nicknames. Also, when both places have so many members, it begs the question as to why more people don't post on either. Why do they join in the first place? Just being nosey I guess which is okay, but it would be nice if they posted now and again even if its too hot or too cold etc!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Even so Berni I still don't trust that site, but thanks for the help I'm sure some will find it very helpful Forums and Facebook - Page 2 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Senior user
Senior user
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 4:18 pm

oddball wrote:
Oldun have to say facebook is pretty much the same as any other internet communication link. The username is your name or your email address and the nickname is what you want to be know as ie 'Oldun' You put on as much info as you wish people to know just like the forum - You don't have to give your own name, you can use a nickname but if you wish people to find you, like your old school friends, then is makes it a little harder for them to do so..

Like all internet links ie Twitters, Skype, Facebook the Forums etc you have no idea who you are talking to, you just have to be careful. Don't accept any friends unless you know them or they are friends of people you know. You can always un-friend them later. You can chat with people on there too, a little box pops up when one of your friends wish to chat, just like Skype. There are all sorts of groups including Expat's in their own areas like the Sunnybeach group and so on. Tells you what is going everywhere really. It is just a quick way of communicating, so don't worry you are the one in control g

Oddy c

What you have said is correct but you have to remember that on there are groups such as the one you have mentioned which is a closed group so in fact they can say whatever they wish without the person being able to see it. Yes its a good thing Facebook just as long as people dont misuse it, You also have to remember that there are mods as such but most groups are controlled by there own ADMIN people and they are the ones that decides what is removed etc, so basically they can say what they want about a person whether its lies or not and there is nothing can be done.
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:59 am

I do not trust FB either wonder why

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 000000828/
can you stop it, maybe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... e_in_2012_
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:13 pm

I agree that a 'closed group' might protect the actual users but not the folk who might be talked about on it who are not members. I have just realised that an 'open group' is even more suspect. This when no-one needs to 'log in'. I have just been 'harrassed' by my stalker on one such but fortunately I found a small icon to the right of any post which you can click to delete. I clicked it and FB came up with a list of options as to why I deleted it. One of them was about harrassment and now that person has been totally blocked by FB from making any more scurrilous, libellous posts to me.
It has all been very distressing and what is worse is that many people who saw the posts before they were all deleted, will probably believe what this person has written. I now have first hand experience of how upsetting this is and why youngsters can be driven to suicide. You start to disbelieve everyone and even distrust other real friends. Even ignoring does not make this feeling go away.
I am happy that this person can no longer contact me on FB but the nasty taste still lingers.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:37 pm

oldun wrote:- I agree more folks should post on the forum. We have so many members and so few topics posted or replied to. Yes, I know its summer and hot but even in winter the forum is not really buzzing as it should be. Its noticeable that people are quick to post on forums if there is any dispute going on!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have never really understood why people bother to register on a forum and never post, is it so they can read other members posts but still don't contribute, Why Why Why. Perhaps it is because they just want to be nosy, I don't know :Forums and Facebook - Page 2 3897195628: Forums and Facebook - Page 2 2345823347 Forums and Facebook - Page 2 3998065313
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:11 pm

No idea how you get bullied on a computer , my one has a off switch . I dont post on these forums much now as its the same old thing over and over and if you tell people the truth they dont like it . I have also gone to the trouble of putting people in touch with Bulgarians for graphic design and art work and the English person didn't even contact the person after me putting myself out . So thats the end of that as far as i am concerned in dont help Brits now .
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:51 pm

I would imagine quiet a few will be pleased to hear that jb
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Well as the saying goes you cant please all the people all of the time.
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:16 pm

willowsend wrote:
oldun wrote:- I agree more folks should post on the forum. We have so many members and so few topics posted or replied to. Yes, I know its summer and hot but even in winter the forum is not really buzzing as it should be. Its noticeable that people are quick to post on forums if there is any dispute going on!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have never really understood why people bother to register on a forum and never post, is it so they can read other members posts but still don't contribute, Why Why Why. Perhaps it is because they just want to be nosy, I don't know :Forums and Facebook - Page 2 3897195628: Forums and Facebook - Page 2 2345823347 Forums and Facebook - Page 2 3998065313

Guess I had better post a bit more than eh Forums and Facebook - Page 2 1865348797 Forums and Facebook - Page 2 2381841692
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:51 pm

oddball wrote:
willowsend wrote:

Guess I had better post a bit more than eh Forums and Facebook - Page 2 1865348797 Forums and Facebook - Page 2 2381841692

We had better put more on as well then. I believe many people are not confident to write in public, such as a forum. I worked on Local newspapers and a Fleet Street National newspaper and having seen reporters comments in the raw and sub editors working on Front Page news, had no worries about writing anywhere. Of course many don't feel comfortable with their spelling and this can be a problem. I had a classified ad sent down from the teletypists on the London Standard Newspaper and the advertiser was selling a car with a vinyl roof. The teletypists took the ad in long hand over the phone and they had spelt the word vinyl wrong three times and in frustration crossed them all out and wrote in the word plastic. No one is perfect!!

s
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 9:26 pm

i think many people who are not computer literate ( like myself ) there is a real fear that they may do something wrong, i did not know what an avatar was ( double dutch to me ) or any idea how to upload one :Headbang:it is like a foreign language that takes time to learn, but now i will have a go and i will try, you cannot ruin your computer which i thought you could. so take the risk, ask questions, ask how to do it, there is nothing wrong in asking and it is amazing what you learn about your computer. if i can learn about computers believe me anyone can, give it a go. g
Back to top Go down
Fletch
Senior user
Senior user
Fletch

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:44 am

willowsend wrote:

I have not posted on this forum for sometime and did post on this topic simply because I find facebook a very dangerous site, there is someone that advertises on this forum that is spreading lies about me on a closed page group on facebook. I dont want anything to do with this person, therefore dont even want to be a member of any forum that this person is on. The thing is I have never posted anything rude nasty or horrible about his person but they seem to be doing this about me, they have a problem, and dont have the guts to face me with whatever there problem is with me.
Back to top Go down
Banned member2
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 4:28 am

I think Bulgaria attracts the wrong type of Brit which is a sham as i find it a nice place , They love running people down and most of the time are bored out of there tiny minds . Some are here for the cheap fags drink and food , most dont mix or understand about Bulgarian culture , i have a few Brits as friends but try not to mix with the in crowd , lets face it i wouldn't talk to these people in England ? so why should i here . I do know some very nice Bulgarians and love the village i live in , so my advice keep your self to your self and laugh off stupid people on the Internet .
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:45 am

Quote :
I have not posted on this forum for sometime and did post on this topic simply because I find facebook a very dangerous site, there is someone that advertises on this forum that is spreading lies about me on a closed page group on facebook. I dont want anything to do with this person, therefore dont even want to be a member of any forum that this person is on. The thing is I have never posted anything rude nasty or horrible about his person but they seem to be doing this about me, they have a problem, and dont have the guts to face me with whatever there problem is with me.

Sorry to hear this perhaps you should contact admin and let him know that one of the advertisers isn't all they may seem to be?
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:59 am

Quote :
Fletch

does not need a degree to work out who you mean fletch
i was hoping this had all been sorted for you by now....... its a shame when people disreguard others on forums and such as facebook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forums and Facebook   Forums and Facebook - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forums and Facebook

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next