Short term rental and dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Short term rental and dogs Empty
PostSubject: Short term rental and dogs   Short term rental and dogs Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi

Upon reflection of the replies to the post of "
Avoiding the Pitfalls"
an overwhelming to look for a permanent home, following tonyB60's advice we are wondering if when renting there would be problems with our dogs being in the premises. I know in the UK that many people are very anti dogs in rental property and wondering what the slant is in Bulgaria rental.

I can put my hand on my heart and say both our dogs which will be coming with us, they are very well behaved indoors (house trained and not destructive). The added benefit for the dogs is that they would never left alone unlike at present when we are at work.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Equinus
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Short term rental and dogs   Short term rental and dogs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:43 am

Equinus wrote:
we are wondering if when renting there would be problems with our dogs being in the premises.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the reaction of Bulgarian folks to dogs.

Whilst living in Sofia, we spent many months looking for our 'ideal' property in the countryside. This meant packing up Friday afternoon, putting the dog (German Shepherd) into the back of the 4WD and heading off into the wilderness!

We never had her refused at any hotel. We often rented a house for the weekend (sometimes a week), and again, no problem with the dog. Also, sometimes when were were sat at cafes, the owners would bring her a bowl of water without us asking.

We were asked once, in one hotel, if we had her own 'bed' as they preferred her not to sleep on the hotel beds! Of course we did, so no problem again.

I suppose you'll be looking for a fully furnished rental property?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

PostSubject: Re: Short term rental and dogs   Short term rental and dogs Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:36 pm

Chris wrote:
Equinus wrote:
we are wondering if when renting there would be problems with our dogs being in the premises.

I've been pleasantly surprised by the reaction of Bulgarian folks to dogs.

Whilst living in Sofia, we spent many months looking for our 'ideal' property in the countryside. This meant packing up Friday afternoon, putting the dog (German Shepherd) into the back of the 4WD and heading off into the wilderness!

We never had her refused at any hotel. We often rented a house for the weekend (sometimes a week), and again, no problem with the dog. Also, sometimes when were were sat at cafes, the owners would bring her a bowl of water without us asking.

We were asked once, in one hotel, if we had her own 'bed' as they preferred her not to sleep on the hotel beds! Of course we did, so no problem again.

I suppose you'll be looking for a fully furnished rental property?

Hi Mrs Equinus (The old Nag) here. Short term rental and dogs 1536469901

That's good to know......and I certainly wouldn't want them on the bed! Oh no, like my kip too much!

We are still putting out feelers at the moment. Our house will be going on to the market (again!) any day and we are prepared to sell at a loss to move our lives on, (we will still be able to buy a house and have a bit put by) and we are coming out for a look around in September. OH has driven a lot in Greece so should be ok to drive around to see as many areas as we can fit in, and hopefully some properties too, so that we know what we are looking at. We will just have to try to keep out of the cities...too confusing.

But as someone suggested on here, renting till we find our own place may be a good idea. We are so used to people in this country saying no pets when renting a house out that we initally dismissed renting as an option. It would hopefully not be for long as we will want to get growing and raising chickens etc ASAP. We are looking at a year if we can sell the house, though if a miracle happens and we sell sooner...who knows?
Back to top Go down
Suzee
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Short term rental and dogs   Short term rental and dogs Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Many renters accept well behaved dogs and sometimes cats.

We've had friends stay with both and never had a problem, but there is plenty of space between our 2 properties and any amount of common land for walking pets etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Short term rental and dogs   Short term rental and dogs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Short term rental and dogs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1