altText
altText
altText

Share | 

UniCredit Bulbank and banking for Expats in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: UniCredit Bulbank and banking for Expats in Bulgaria   Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:00 pm

[size=50:3a75odie]Source: novinite.com Monday 18 June 2012

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

UniCredit Bulbank, part of the UniCredit Group, said it plans to launch a package of banking services tailor-made for the needs of foreigners living in Bulgaria.

The product, named Expat package, is the first of this type in the country.

The new package of services and products can be used by all foreigners with a minimum salary of 4000 euros, transferred to an account in UniCredit Bulbank.

The package combines the most commonly used banking products and services. It provides preferential conditions for international transfers and currency exchange.

In the Expat package /account/ is included also the usage of overdraft. There is no fee for opening and closing of a current account in BGN and also no maintenance fee. The customer can open also a second current account, which is in foreign currency - EUR or USD, and is also free of charge for opening and maintenance.

With this product the expats in Bulgaria also receive a debit card in BGN. It can be Maestro, Visa Electron, Vpay or Vpay - Lukoil. There is no fee for issuing of the card, no annual maintenance fee and no minimum account balance. UniCredit Bulbank doesn't collect fee for withdrawals from its ATMs and payment of goods and services with the card, both in Bulgaria and abroad. Under the same conditions is issued also a second debit card, which is part of the package.

Expat package offers six free of charge utility/periodic payments a month – in combination and choice by the client. Foreigners who are clients of the bank, use also free of charge Bulbank Online. The package also includes credit card in BGN or foreign currency with no annual fee.

UniCredit Bulbank said it also offers preferential foreign exchange rates for non-cash purchase/sell of currency for transactions over 10 EUR or its equivalent in another currency.

Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: UniCredit Bulbank and banking for Expats in Bulgaria   Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:13 pm

All sounds a bit to good to be true? there must be a catch somewhere in the small [size=40:3rl7x9s7] PRINT
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: UniCredit Bulbank and banking for Expats in Bulgaria   Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
All sounds a bit to good to be true? there must be a catch somewhere in the small [size=40:1z5hjnq0] PRINT

Noddy..... don't you believe in fairy tales g

Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: UniCredit Bulbank and banking for Expats in Bulgaria   Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:20 am

Its not exactly related to the expat banking service, but I`ll share my experience with Unicredit Bulbank. Disaster.

1.I used to have a bank loan sometime ago - it was based on Euribor + fixed interest + some unexplained in the documents extra interest of the bank. Euribor went down with almost 2% in the last two years, loan`s principal did not change. When I spoke to them, they said, oh yes, come and we`ll fix it. If I didn`t ask - they would keep charging what they liked.
2. I used them for my comapny accounts. We were told to be paying 16 leva per month for the two bank accounts, yesterday we looked at the balance - they`ve charged us almost 40 leva a month. I did a big scandal and our personal banker told us: "
Well, I was told not to offer this to clients but I will do it for you - she gave us the same package for 13.90lv"
3. Some time ago they charged me migration charge ( it was explained this way by their branch manager ) because they have moved my loan from the old Bulbank to the new consolidated Unicredit Bulbank. Technically it was a merger and they expected me to pay for their merger costs. Now in the process of getting this into the court ( loan`s repaid already ).

It is the most untransparent bank of them all, I am moving everything away of that place. Not sure why not get a Lloyds TSB offshore account and a debit card linked to it, at least you`ll have no hidden charges.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: UniCredit Bulbank and banking for Expats in Bulgaria   Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:03 pm

Well speak as you find. I have been with Bulbank for years which included the consolidation with Unicredit. Have had no problems. Very helpful. Have had a savings account paying good interest and no fees to speak of. Unfortunately for me, I am now returning to Britain so this new service is of no use for me but it maybe what they offered before but hadn't put a name to it???
Back to top Go down
GinaA
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: UniCredit Bulbank and banking for Expats in Bulgaria   Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:46 am

Always found them to be very helpful and there is always someone in the bank that speaks good English. I'm sorry to hear your going back to blighty oldun, I hope you will continue to come on here and write as you do have so much experience of real life out here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UniCredit Bulbank and banking for Expats in Bulgaria   

Back to top Go down

UniCredit Bulbank and banking for Expats in Bulgaria

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1