AuthorMessage
LisA
Super user
Super user
LisA

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:22 am

First topic message reminder :

OK just curios tell me what hobbies you have ? and how long you have had them for? I would also like to know if you have a hobby how it effects your life and those around you.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Thank you all for your compliments. Something you won't believe is that I painted it with a roller and paint called Rust-Oleum CombiColor Gloss' the first coat was sprayed on but this was a terrible finish so I did it with a roller and was very pleased with the finish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
oddball
oddball

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 pm

Hum! I think I might have to drop around and give that a little test drive Hobbies - Page 3 570106603 Hobbies - Page 3 2079180590
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:18 pm

Well done admin it look great I wish I had your patients. Hobbies - Page 3 2706089290
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 10:49 am

I have to say this was worse than waiting for a new born baby to arrive. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 am

I have to say this was worse than waiting for a new born baby to arrive.

By golly Ashley, you also have a very good memory Hobbies - Page 3 1865348797
I thought it was your new born baby Hobbies - Page 3 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:52 pm

Admin wrote:
I have to say this was worse than waiting for a new born baby to arrive.

Congrats on the MOT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Congratulations and I will say it again it looks lovely and its a credit to you patients. Hobbies - Page 3 3367882216
Back to top Go down
Equinus
Super user
Super user
Equinus

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 7:55 pm

I am a self taught artist who tends to be over critical. saying that though I have managed to sell some painting via auction to raise funds for conservation projects and have had some commissions.

Mkomazi siesta - raised £300 for Mkomazi Wild Dog conservation work
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Evolutionary Reflections - Orangutan - exhibited and sold at National Exhibition of Wildlife Art, UK (look in the orang's eye it contains an image of Charles Darwin which explains the evolutionary aspect in the title)

Black Rhino paintings - prints sold to raise money for Black Rhino Conservation work before/after climbing Mt Kilimajaro to raise awareness of projects

Chimpanzee line drawing - raised £230 for Jane Goodall Institute (Chimpnzee conservation/ behavioural studies)

Asiatic Lion - wedding present commission

Sheepdog commission

Looking forward to having more time once we have moved to Bulgaria to practice more.

Mr Eq
Back to top Go down
silky4015
Junior user
Junior user

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Great painings and well done on raising funds.

John
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 8:36 pm

H H These are just fantastic well done Equinus g What a clever clogs we have here guys :Hobbies - Page 3 1931734156:
Back to top Go down
karold

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:13 pm

Wow, those are terrific! Great to have such talen. To be able to not only raise funds but also to give lasting pleasure to the person who bought it is so worthwhile. Well done you!
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 10:23 am

Sorry this is a long answer because we love so many things
Camping and travel
gardening
photography
cooking
kniting
sewing
reading
alternative health related subjects
Ok for most of these walking and working in the garden good for our physical health. relaxation sewing knitting reading.
I teach our friends and neighbours how to massage how to do reflexology and indian head massage which all help with healing
cooking up a storm we both loth to do and feeding and sharing with others is a wonderful thing to do.
Last year made 200 christmas stockings for the three detsa gardena groups
Basically every thing is about a balanced life We never say bored love life share life and it will ove and share with you
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 11:53 am

I love to cook but never thought of it as a hobby but I suppose it is because I enjoy making recipes work with few ingredients and it always diffuses any anger I maybe harbouring.
I also love reading and have rekindled this hobby since living here and having the time to sit in the garden or round the fire reading my favourite subject - biographies.
In my youth it was always swimming and I was a competitive swimmer but never a champion.
Classical ballet is also a love of mine since childhood and my youngest daughter trained at the Royal Ballet School although I never progressed to that level. She is still a professional dancer having graduated to choreography and teaching ballet in Education after a life of pure dance.
Theatre in general is a love of mine and if I think about it, its the one thing, after family, that I miss here in Bulgaria. I did go to one ballet performance in VT but was sadly disappointed in the standard. Sorry Bulgaria!!!
I love animals and especially my Bulgarian Dalmation, Xera who I have had since a puppy. Need I say more, I now realise what Dalmation's personalities are like! Keeps me active.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hobbies - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hobbies   Hobbies - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hobbies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3