View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:56 am

First topic message reminder :

I have read various experiences of others who have been bullied on this forum and others and this includes defamation of a persons character. I also know that in some cases these victims have contacted the site owners and asked for the comments to be removed only to be told NO! even though what has been written there is completely untrue and in some cases checkable. So what I was thinking is if we can use this thread to name and shame those site but in a dignified manor so as to ensure we too don't became as bad as they are. I'm sure this will not only help others but also eventually this will show up in google when people search for these sites and give them some idea of what trust can be placed in the respective sites. so any thoughts form anyone good or bad as I said its only an idea which I think could be of great help.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Bigsavack said

Quote :
This site is surely having a laugh? there must be some way of stopping this and even if the owner won't remove it then surely the hosting company has some responsibility.

I tend to agree...

A quick back ground check on exposeascam.com shows its IP address to be 174.120.7.253 which is based in Houston US. In the United States truthful statements about another person are safe to publish. However, publishing outright lies with the intent to defame or injure the reputation of others is illegal.

The service provider for exposeascam.com is domainsByProxy.com which is owned by Go Daddy. Service providers WILL block a website if there are enough complants or if the content is libelous...this is certainly true if they feel a law suit might come their way.

Those with a more vested interest than I might follow the route of contacting DomainsByProxy with this in mind. As you now know the name of the web hosting company, visit their website and obtain their contact information as well as a list of their Terms and Conditions. Make a list of those terms that you can determine exposeascam.com has broken on their website. I would think their comment we will never agree to remove complaints, even if someone can show that a complaint is probably inaccurate might be a good start.

All you need to do then is find any place on the website where the author makes use of your name or personal information without your permission.

Contact Google as well to see if they will block the site from their search engine. Again read their terms and conditions and use the removal request tool if an infringement has taken place. Removal from Google search results would effectively close down the site completely.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Carmen wrote:
Sorry Tony if I didn't understand what you were saying before but I still don't see what it is your saying now?

Basically if someone makes a quote about a person or persons which is not totally accurate then court action may be taken. Now if it was you that had made an inaccurate statement then the other person may then take Court action against you. If the Court then rules that you were out of order then even though the other party took you to Court you may be liable for the court costs and any damages that are granted.
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:56 pm

So what your saying is.. exposeascam could sue me? Which doesn't make any sense because from what they have said is I can't sue them. Thank you Tony but I can assure you I won't be giving them or anyone else that option.
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:02 pm

Thank you Rakiaplease for the information I have just looked on the Godaddy site but I don't see any email only a contact form. I can only also see their Terms of service but I think that is only for their own site and not the hosting of others. s
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:10 pm

Hello Daisy

The terms and conditions can be found right at the bottom of the website. I have just had a quick look and found some T@Cs they are breaking already!
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:13 pm

I did look at that but I thought that was the TOS for their own site and the use of it ? I thought they would have some TOS for those that take up the hosting. s
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:15 pm

If you are correct Rakiaplease and you seem to know what your talking about perhaps you could high-lite some for us on here so that we as a forum can try and stop all this rubbish being allowed out in the public domain.
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:22 pm

Hello Carmen. No worries...I would be delighted to help. Just a tab busy for the rest of the day but when I have 10 minutes or so I will do a little research.

Leave it with me Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 1675110159
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Rakiaplease wrote:
Hello Carmen. No worries...I would be delighted to help. Just a tab busy for the rest of the day but when I have 10 minutes or so I will do a little research.

Leave it with me Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 1675110159

Ok thank you Rakiaplease T
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Rakiaplease wrote:
Bigsavack said

Quote :
This site is surely having a laugh? there must be some way of stopping this and even if the owner won't remove it then surely the hosting company has some responsibility.

I tend to agree...

A quick back ground check on exposeascam.com shows its IP address to be 174.120.7.253 which is based in Houston US. In the United States truthful statements about another person are safe to publish. However, publishing outright lies with the intent to defame or injure the reputation of others is illegal.

The service provider for exposeascam.com is domainsByProxy.com which is owned by Go Daddy. Service providers WILL block a website if there are enough complants or if the content is libelous...this is certainly true if they feel a law suit might come their way.

Those with a more vested interest than I might follow the route of contacting DomainsByProxy with this in mind. As you now know the name of the web hosting company, visit their website and obtain their contact information as well as a list of their Terms and Conditions. Make a list of those terms that you can determine exposeascam.com has broken on their website. I would think their comment we will never agree to remove complaints, even if someone can show that a complaint is probably inaccurate might be a good start.

All you need to do then is find any place on the website where the author makes use of your name or personal information without your permission.

Contact Google as well to see if they will block the site from their search engine. Again read their terms and conditions and use the removal request tool if an infringement has taken place. Removal from Google search results would effectively close down the site completely.

People who have not been subjected to these hateful, disgusting attacks could, and quite rightly so have a different view to these certain internet attacks on the people who have been targeted. As most will know I and my family have been well and truely targeted over the last three years, but of course what I am now writing is exactly what the perpetrator want's to read because that is where he get's his kick's out of life, very sad but true

As far as exposeascam is concerned they think they are above the law. Thames Valley Police have already written to them to ask for the vile comments and downright lies to be removed, but no they have not obliged, and of course every time any of us look it up on a Google search it moves up the pecking order on Google's front page, which again is exactly what the perpetrator want's and get's

There are/were about twenty sites that the perpetrator has posted on, using many different aliases to hide behind for his defamatory and vile postings, all bar about 3 or 4 have done the honourable thing and removed those postings. Although they still come up on Google search most showing a 404 removal, but the main problem there is that the damage is already done because far more people in the world don't know me and my clean bill of health against those who do know me

There are certain other things I would like to publish but again it falls straight into the perpetrators hands, so I am not going to give him anymore amunition that I have to, I hope you will all understand and :Thank you:yet again for your continued support Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:01 pm

tonyb60 wrote:
Carmen wrote:
Sorry Tony if I didn't understand what you were saying before but I still don't see what it is your saying now?

Basically if someone makes a quote about a person or persons which is not totally accurate then court action may be taken. Now if it was you that had made an inaccurate statement then the other person may then take Court action against you. If the Court then rules that you were out of order then even though the other party took you to Court you may be liable for the court costs and any damages that are granted.

I must admit Tony I am finding it hard to get my head round what you are saying. Anybody who makes or posts an inaccurate statement deserves Court action against them, so why are exposerascam getting away with some of the most diabolical content ever seen on a forum
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:31 pm

willowsend wrote:
tonyb60 wrote:
Carmen wrote:

I must admit Tony I am finding it hard to get my head round what you are saying. Anybody who makes or posts an inaccurate statement deserves Court action against them, so why are exposerascam getting away with some of the most diabolical content ever seen on a forum

I could not give a stuff about exposerascam :Hair:All I am saying is FGS be careful what you say about other people on line or anywhere else for that matter, for as sure that Eggs are Eggs it will be you (plural) that will be in bother. You try and help people and all you get is Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 1305387665
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:34 pm

I get what your saying Tony it's just not that clear but I'm sure others will pick it up now s
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Daisy wrote:
I get what your saying Tony it's just not that clear but I'm sure others will pick it up now s

T
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:03 pm

tonyb60 wrote:

I could not give a stuff about exposerascam :Hair:

Sorry Tony but I think if you had been a victim then maybe you wouldn't have said something as crass as this. Yes maybe you are right in some of what you have said Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 3998065313 here but this is defiantly the wrong topic to say such a thing unless you yourself have had some experience of this particular site. I'm sorry if you don't like what I've said but there will be even more who read your comment who won't like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some sites to be careful of

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next