View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

Some sites to be careful of Empty
PostSubject: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:56 am

I have read various experiences of others who have been bullied on this forum and others and this includes defamation of a persons character. I also know that in some cases these victims have contacted the site owners and asked for the comments to be removed only to be told NO! even though what has been written there is completely untrue and in some cases checkable. So what I was thinking is if we can use this thread to name and shame those site but in a dignified manor so as to ensure we too don't became as bad as they are. I'm sure this will not only help others but also eventually this will show up in google when people search for these sites and give them some idea of what trust can be placed in the respective sites. so any thoughts form anyone good or bad as I said its only an idea which I think could be of great help.
Back to top Go down
Brian1
Senior user
Senior user
Brian1

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:00 am

Well cheekychops what a brilliant topic this could turn out to be. I think what you have suggested can only be good for others and as you say so long as its don't correctly then why not? I'm sure there are plenty of places out in the cyber-world where people go and post all sort of complaint about businesses and even individuals which are valid but as you quite rightly say there are those to who will post out of malice. Some sites to be careful of 3356871870
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:17 am

Its about time someone came up with this idea well done to you Michelle. I know there are a lot of sites that are only to willing to allow anyone to post any rubbish about anybody just to add to the post count and they don't give a monkey's uncle what damage it may do to the victims of in most cases posting a load of malicious lies. I will be back later to add more I know a few sites where stuff has been posted and I also know that it was only posted by a malicious person. Some sites to be careful of 2581928987
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:44 am

I WILL support this topic 100%, that goes without saying. I will see which sites are posted before I post my list
Well done cheekychops :Good post:You said, use this thread to name and shame those site but in a dignified manor
dignified manor might be difficult Some sites to be careful of 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:06 am

Please remember that this is a very emotive subject.

Only post facts that you are aware of, not any 'third party' rumours or gossip.

Make sure any 'claims' made can be backed up, if necessary, in a court of law.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
cheekychops

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:16 am

Thank you Chris for adding that it's what I was trying to say at the start. We don't want to know about he said or she said but as Chris as stated only facts that can be supported.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:35 am

Chris wrote:

I'll add my twopenny if I may. That is be careful, liable and slander are easy cases for any one to make. Make sure anything that is stated is 100% reliable and can be proved as Chris has said in a court of law.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:44 am

tonyb60 wrote:
Chris wrote:

I'll add my twopenny if I may. That is be careful, liable and slander are easy cases for any one to make. Make sure anything that is stated is 100% reliable and can be proved as Chris has said in a court of law.

Chris is completely right but I'm afraid Tony that
Quote :
liable and slander are easy cases for any one to make
isn't the case if you have had any experience of trying to get stuff removed from sites that blatantly refuse to do so even if you involve the police then you will know that what you have said is easier said than done in 99% of cases. Some sites to be careful of 2581928987
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 11:58 am

So I will add one here for you all ********** and as you can see below they make it perfectly clear that no matter what is written and by whom they will not remove anything. This paticular site is hosting some terrible posts about certain members of this forum and whoever is behind it has even posted in some of the members names from this forum. I you read their leal bumf you will see that they seem to have there own laws and no matter what you do or who you are they won't remove anything. I have highlited some of it and its almost funny when you think of it.

Our Policy: Why We NEVER Remove Posted complaints

From our inception, ExposeAScam.com policy has always been the same – we never remove reports. We will not remove posted complaints even when they are claimed to contain defamatory statements and even if the original author requests it. Some people might criticize this policy as being unfair, but we deeply believe this policy is essential, fair, and infinitely better than the alternative – rampant censorship.

We have simple reasons for this policy. First, this site is most effective when all complaints are maintained and preserved so that over time patterns of business practices that regularly fall short of consumer expectation are exposed. If we removed complaints after a certain period of time, this would provide consumers with less information to use when evaluating a company. We maintain a permanent record of all complaints, unlike the Better Business Bureau, which deletes complaints after just 36 months. This ensures that our users have more information rather than less.

Second, if we removed complaints on request this would give companies an incentive to pressure authors to remove true and accurate complaints in exchange for money or simply to avoid a costly lawsuit. Most people aren’t willing or able to spend huge sums of money in legal fees defending a defamation lawsuit, so even when a person has written a 100% true complaint, there is a huge amount of pressure for them to just remove it when threatened with legal action.
For that reason, we will never agree to remove complaints, even if someone can show that a complaint is probably inaccurate.

By having this policy, we take leverage away from companies who threaten or pressure a customer hoping to get them to retract a valid complaint. Even if this means that one or more questionable complaints are left up, we think that removal of any complaints would ultimately make this site less credible and thus less effective as a tool for educating consumers. Some sites to be careful of 1865348797 That's why we have made this strict policy decision.

What can I do if I believe there's a false complaint about me on this site?

As explained above, one thing you can't do is sue ExposeAScam. The law just does not allow this. Some sites to be careful of 3135333095 You can always sue the person who wrote the complaint if it contains false and defamatory information about you. Of course, you should talk to an experienced lawyer in your area if you are unsure about your options.

If you find that a complaint has been posted against you, the best thing you can do is to post a rebuttal. Don't get mad, and don't make threats. Get creative. Explain your side of the story. Explain what your company has done (or is willing to do) to make things right.

If the customer is simply wrong, say so! If you think a complaint is phony, demand that the customer provide proof that they actually did business with you (by posting a copy of a receipt, etc.)
Post the names and contact information for favorable references who can testify to the high quality of your business. Provide a summary of any awards your company has won. Offer a link to any outside resources which provide positive information about you and your business.
Ultimately, there are countless ways you can take a negative complaint and turn it around into a positive advertisement for your company. As we ALWAYS say: every company, good or bad, will receive complaints. The fact that you have received a complaint is NOT what consumers care about -- it's how you handle the complaint that matters.

I think this says it all and looking at what they say here they are just looking for posts and not content. Please people pass this information around and tell others that this site really can not be trusted and I can back this statement up with a link to some crap thats posted on the site which \I will happily let the admin or mod have but I would suggest that clicking on it only gets them more views which is what they are after.
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
bigsavak

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:34 pm

This site is surely having a laugh? there must be some way of stopping this and even if the owner won't remove it then surely the hosting company has some responsibility. I can't believe in this day and age that they can actually get away with writing such a load of garbage in there terms and get away with it. So if this is now the law then there is nothing stopping anybody from writing what they like about just about anyone ??? which isn't right as we know because if for instance you were writing on here about terrorism then I'm sure the site would be closed down so what's the difference. I just had a quick look at the site and I did notice some rubbish posted and it isn't fare that whoever is behind it should be allowed to get away with it but more to the point and back to the topic the owner needs his head looking at if he believes that complaints are left up, we think that removal of any complaints would ultimately make this site less credible and thus less effective as a tool for educating consumers who are they kidding ? leaving bogus complaints up can only give them a bad reputation as being a site that is un-reliable and a site that is only know to allow spammers to post as they wish.
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:33 pm

This is a terrible situation and having just had a peek I'm sure we all know is behind the posts and if any of you wish to know then pm me. As already said there isn't or doesn't seem to be anything that can be done and I have to disagree with you Tony that it isn't as easy as you may think for anyone to take legal action although I do see where your coming from . Some sites to be careful of 3356871870
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Carmen wrote:
This is a terible situation and havening just had a peek I'm sure we all know is behind the posts and if any of you wish to know then pm me. As already said there isn't or dosen't seem to be anything that can be done and I have to disagree with you Tony that it isn't as easy as you may think for anyone to take legal action it plainly isnt. Some sites to be careful of 3356871870

Carmen, this is an open discussion. If you do discuss anything via PM, then same rules apply ... real facts only, no gossip, no rumours and only first hand experiences please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Now Chris you should know me better than that c . As if I would speak out of term Some sites to be careful of 1865348797 Only joking
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:50 pm

Carmen wrote:
This is a terrible situation and having just had a peek I'm sure we all know is behind the posts and if any of you wish to know then pm me. As already said there isn't or doesn't seem to be anything that can be done and I have to disagree with you Tony that it isn't as easy as you may think for anyone to take legal action although I do see where your coming from . Some sites to be careful of 3356871870

No Carman I do not think it is easy to take legal action in fact quite the reverse it is a very costly business. You do not see many starving lawyers now do you. What I mean is beware that others do not take action against a person who has made a statement which is partially or totally un-true. Legal cost can be born be winners not losers. So if in doubt say nowt.
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:55 pm

Sorry Tony if I didn't understand what you were saying before but I still don't see what it is your saying now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some sites to be careful of   Some sites to be careful of Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some sites to be careful of

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next