AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

AuthorMessage
meandmine
Super user
Super user
meandmine

Winters here at last. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:22 pm

netsniper wrote:
What is wrong with the uk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's winter we expect snow, and then all you here on the news is SNOW SNOW and more SNOW well so what, we get what I would call a small amount of snow in the country compared to others and then we come to a halt they close the schools and then most people use it as an excuse to take the day off I do remember when the Great in Great Britain meant something and Britannia ruled the waves but now we can't even cope with a few leaves on the rail tracks and a bit of snow which we knew was coming who said the western world was far more advanced than the east anyway that’s it I've had my moan so you can all shout at me now

Your right and it happens every year
Back to top Go down
Judybaby
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:42 pm

Oh my word. it certainly is snowing in the UK right now. Absolute chaos! We're not used to this any more. Infrastructure can't cope!

Oh well, good practice for when we move to BG later this year
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:34 pm

[size=75:1vwyh8ki]novinite 6 January 2010

Cold Weather Causes Chaos across Europe, 122 Dead in Poland

Severe winter weather has brought dangerous conditions and transport disruption to parts of Europe.

Temperatures as low as -22C have left 122 dead in Poland and the main river, the Vistula, has frozen over, causing fears of flooding.

In the UK, thousands of schools are closed and travellers have been hit by major delays after heavy snowfall hit large parts of the country.

Western France has issued a weather alert for 14 regions, the BBC reported.

Extreme or severe weather warnings are still in place across the UK, which is in the grip of its longest cold snap for almost 30 years.

Hospitals across the country have implemented major incident plans to deal with the weather.

On Tuesday up to 20cm (8in) of snow fell in parts of Scotland and northern England, causing travel chaos for millions of people.

Another 40cm (16in) has been forecast in some areas as the snowfalls spread from north to south.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:03 pm

Judybaby wrote:
Oh my word. it certainly is snowing in the UK right now. Absolute chaos! We're not used to this any more. Infrastructure can't cope!

Oh well, good practice for when we move to BG later this year

I shouldn't worry to much, while we, here in the UK are 20 to 30cm deep in snow and up to minus 20c
Varna and Bougas are enjoying temp of plus 15 to 18c
Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:35 am

Hope you feel better now. Ha! Ha!
Back to top Go down
pixi
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:38 am

This post is for Netsniper.
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:40 am

Its blooming cold today its -8 I have just been out to give my Paj a little warm up and its -7 inside it according to the weather people we are going to drop down to - 13 tonight so it will be a bit colder here in Shropshire
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:41 am

pixi wrote:
Hope you feel better now. Ha! Ha!

I do feel much better Pixi knowing that you care
Back to top Go down
scott
Super user
Super user
scott

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:41 pm

I think the whole country is the same its very cold everywhere but its good training for those of us wanting to move to Bulgaria
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:14 pm

[size=75:m9rx7clp]novnite 7 January 2010

Airport Chaos Grows as Icy Weather Grips Northern Europe

The icy weather gripping northern Europe has disrupted flights at airports in the UK, France, the Irish Republic and the Netherlands.

Many flights were delayed or cancelled at Orly airport in Paris, Dublin airport and Amsterdam-Schiphol, as well as major UK airports, the BBC reported.

A Eurostar train was stuck for about two hours in the Channel Tunnel on Thursday. It later reached the UK.

Four other Eurostar trains were cancelled, a company spokesman said.

Last month the Eurostar service was suspended for three days after several trains broke down in the tunnel. Powdery snow getting into the engines was identified as the cause.

In Germany, at least nine homeless men aged between 42 and 62 have frozen to death.

Many parts of Germany saw temperatures fall below -10C on Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 2:21 pm

[size=75:1dged4wb]novinite 7 January 2010

Bulgaria Sees Record-High Temperatures

emperature records were recorded in Southern Bulgaria and the capital Sofia on Thursday, marking the second period of unusually warm weather since the new year set in.

Thermometers soared to 14 centigrade in the capital, beating by two centigrades the previous record, set in 1963. In the southern towns of Blagoevgrad, Kardzhali, Sandanski and the central parts near Sliven and Sandanski, the mercury also zoomed up to record highs, ranging from 14 to 16, 7 centigrade.

In the first two days of the new year a heat wave brought about by unseasonal southerly winds made Bulgarians welcome the New Year in a surreal Spring-like atmosphere.

The warm spell came to an end with the start of the weekend, when the average temperatures ranged between 6-11 centigrade with snowfalls across the country and blizzards in the northern regions.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:00 pm

I have got an idea for a new business
How about a new business covering winter holidays in Britain. We could then invite Bulgarians to come here for ski-ing holidays
I have just spoken to my lawyer in Sofia who tells me that they have no snow and temperatures of 12c to 16c in Sofia, Varna and Bourgas
Is this anything to do with global warming [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:38 pm

About +14 here in Kotel today. Just spoke to Mother in Yorkshire ... minus 2 and snow! First time since we moved here she's had it worse than us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 5:21 pm

Its very cold here in the uk but nowhere near as cold as it can get in the Balkens
Back to top Go down
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:04 pm

Just been out to the Paj to start it and it's -7 out there I've left it running and come back inside for a
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winters here at last.   Winters here at last. - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winters here at last.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 70Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 38 ... 70  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The weather wherever you are ?-