altText
altText

Airline Scam?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Scunnered
Scunnered

Airline Scam? Empty
PostSubject: Airline Scam?   Airline Scam? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:31 am

Yesterday I booked flights to the UK with KLM. We wanted to fly to Birmingham, so knew we would
have to change planes at Amsterdam or elsewhere. The flight times were ok, so I booked and paid.
Two hours later I had an email from KLM saying there a problem and would I contact them.
Duly phoned this am, only to be told the seats were not now available! No seats left at the price
I paid. I checked on the website and the price had gone up from 435 euros to well over 600!
Decided we weren't going to pay the difference, and have now got tickets from another site - ebookers -
No problems with them at all, booked identical flights which actually work out cheaper.
We reckon it is a scam, only a few tickets at the advertised price. It's obviously not only the budget
airlines that have sharp practices.

Anyone else had this problem? :mad:
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

Airline Scam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Scam?   Airline Scam? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:38 am

I think your right but I do think this practice happens all the time in all industries that's why some of them say While stock lasts so long as they only had 1 ticket then they have fulfilled their obligation. Airline Scam? 794030042
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

Airline Scam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Scam?   Airline Scam? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:21 am

Scunnered wrote:
Yesterday I booked flights to the UK with KLM. We wanted to fly to Birmingham, so knew we would
have to change planes at Amsterdam or elsewhere. The flight times were ok, so I booked and paid.
Two hours later I had an email from KLM saying there a problem and would I contact them.
Duly phoned this am, only to be told the seats were not now available! No seats left at the price
I paid. I checked on the website and the price had gone up from 435 euros to well over 600!
Decided we weren't going to pay the difference, and have now got tickets from another site - ebookers -
No problems with them at all, booked identical flights which actually work out cheaper.
We reckon it is a scam, only a few tickets at the advertised price. It's obviously not only the budget
airlines that have sharp practices.

Anyone else had this problem? :mad:

Hi
Obviously I don't have any details as to where you want to depart from and on which dates, I am also guessing that you want Birmingham for an ongoing flight to Scotland
Any way, purely as an exercise I took dates in April and this is what I would have done
Take a Wizzair flight to Luton and get a transfer by National Express Coach on to Birmingham. Coaches run every 90 minutes and if you made a good conection at Luton your whole journey time would take 5 hours
The prices for Wizzair is £201.00 return and the coach fare is £17.00 return, so the whole return trip to Birmingham is about £220.00, not including extra's i.e. baggage etc

ATB Airline Scam? 1536469901
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

Airline Scam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Scam?   Airline Scam? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:37 am

Our flights cost £350 return for two. Includes bags etc. I hate all the add ons and like the price you see
is the price you pay up front. We booked a single flight for two to Scotland advertised at £39.98 each. End
price was £117!
"
Cheap Flights"
by Fascinating Aida indeed! c
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Airline Scam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Scam?   Airline Scam? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:42 pm

Scunnered wrote:
Our flights cost £350 return for two. Includes bags etc. I hate all the add ons and like the price you see
is the price you pay up front. We booked a single flight for two to Scotland advertised at £39.98 each. End
price was £117!
"
Cheap Flights"
by Fascinating Aida indeed! c

This says it all [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Airline Scam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Scam?   Airline Scam? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:54 pm

thats brilliant [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ABC Property Surveyors.BG
Senior user
Senior user

Airline Scam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Scam?   Airline Scam? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Try flying into Sofia,Plovdiv or Baneasa in Romania then get a pre arranged cab or the bus.if a lot are travelling it's quite a saving.Also check foe prices just after midnight as that's when the offers tend to go on.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

Airline Scam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Scam?   Airline Scam? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:52 am

We always fly from Sofia. Just checked on the whizzair site, and the cost of flights ( with the 20% off) is about
the same as I am paying. However, when adding on baggage etc the cost is more! Then we would have to travel
up to the midlands. The so called low- cost airlines are not always the cheapest. It certainly pays to shop around! s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Airline Scam? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airline Scam?   Airline Scam? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airline Scam?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1