Egg incubator plans

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
villyman
Junior user
Junior user

Egg incubator plans Empty
PostSubject: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:22 pm

Has anyone successfully made one and if so, do you have plans? and can you get all the "
bits"
in BG. And more important, can you give me the plans!!

I know it's not the time of year to be hatching eggs but it is the time of year to get working in the workshop making sawdust as there is no grass to cut and I'm doing her head in, so she says!!

I don't need anything too complicated like an egg turner as the memsahib will do that. Just can't get my head around the heating side of it and how to control it. I could try trial and error but there is a limit on how many boiled eggs a person can eat.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:24 pm

Looks to be some quite good information, and plans, on this site:

[url:2sda2eas]http:
//www.
feathersite.
com/Poultry/BRKIncubation.
html[/url:2sda2eas]
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
villyman
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Thank you for the link Chris.

The Ohio Uni one looks interesting but the wafer thermostat gubbins lost me. It looks like a dimmer switch for the lightbulbs but who know.

Maybe give that one a go. Would still like to hear from anyone who has built one from scratch in BG though.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:22 pm

Why don't you just let the chicken do it? Natures way.
Back to top Go down
krypton
Super user
Super user
krypton

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:32 pm

I don't and haven't but this is a pretty good video.

Back to top Go down
villyman
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Thanks tonyb60
Eh?
Oh I see what you mean.

It's because it's for the Duck Eggs. The Lazy Mama (Daffy) won't sit on Eggs. She is far too posh for that sort of thing. I think she has a career mapped out in Politics as she is always rounding up the Chickens. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Noddy
Senior user
Senior user
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:47 am

When the weather is better I will go and ask a friend of mine who has built 2 if he has got any plans. meanwhile these links might be of interest to you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
villyman
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Thank you for the replies so far. There are a couple of interesting vidoes on the links and I think a combination of ideas are the way to go.

Have just been on EBay and ordered a Thermometer/Humidity Meter £4.75 Free P&
P to BG from Hong Kong. Have had loads of stuff from Hong Kong and always seems to get to my village in the middle of nowhere.

1/2"
Plywood is a bit of a problem but will make do with 1/4"
with polystyrene lining.

For heating a 75W lamp and a dimmer switch.

When the snow clears will go on hunt for the bits.

Anyone else with plans in the meantime, please post.
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
Gimp

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:00 am

Come back when you have made it I'm sure we would all like to see it and if its a good one which I'm sure it will be then maybe a step by step guide with photo's
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:38 am

Any updates on the incubator yet villy Egg incubator plans 2581928987
Back to top Go down
ABC Property Surveyors.BG
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 1:35 pm

Made one from an old fridge last year with a 100 percent hatch rate.Thermostats,bulbs etc available from the local markets.Used an old desk fan for air circulation.Loads of ideas on you tube.I think all in it was around 30 lev for the bits.
Back to top Go down
cowshed-sarah
Super user
Super user
cowshed-sarah

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:28 pm

What a bril idea I never thought of that I suppose the fridge is already insulated so it maintains the heat that's required . Thank you for that ABC Egg incubator plans 570106603
Back to top Go down
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:32 am

Can be a little too well insulated so make sure you have plenty of ventilation that can be adjusted as the bulbs carry on heating once the thermostat has switched them off.Use two 40w or lower bulbs so that if one blows you still have heating capacity and don't loose your eggs.I purchased a digital thermometer (9 leva) with a probe that records min/max temps with a seperate thermostat (about 12 leva).E-Bay sells a specific unit which is all in one and will work better. See Item number: 280834652306 for an idea.Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:32 am

Can be a little too well insulated so make sure you have plenty of ventilation that can be adjusted as the bulbs carry on heating once the thermostat has switched them off.Use two 40w or lower bulbs so that if one blows you still have heating capacity and don't loose your eggs.I purchased a digital thermometer (9 leva) with a probe that records min/max temps with a seperate thermostat (about 12 leva).E-Bay sells a specific unit which is all in one and will work better. See Item number: 280834652306 for an idea.Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:17 pm

This sounds like a great piece of diy and at an affordable cost to, have you got any pictures you could add for us to see your handy work. Egg incubator plans 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Egg incubator plans   Egg incubator plans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Egg incubator plans

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next