Should Parents be Allowed to Smack Children

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

Should Parents be Allowed to Smack Children - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Should Parents be Allowed to Smack Children   Should Parents be Allowed to Smack Children - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 5:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Ah well another topic in the News.

Again maybe a poll please admin.

I feel that the answer is yes. When I was young I got a few, my Dad even had a 4"
Leather Belt which was used on each of us once and became the deterrent. He only had to touch the buckle if we were playing up and we sat down and behaved. So that meant that he did not in effect smack us.

Did I yes. But again only the once as my kids knew that if I spat in my hands and then together a smack might have come shortly after. But they knew where the line was and obeyed accordingly. This was not rule by violence just knowing where the line was in being good /bad.

We might have covered this before but what the heck. Should Parents be Allowed to Smack Children - Page 2 1536469901
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Noddy
Senior user
Senior user
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Should Parents be Allowed to Smack Children   Should Parents be Allowed to Smack Children - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:08 pm

Should Parents be Allowed to Smack Children - Page 2 2581928987 to the Bulgarians and what a load of tosh this is
Quote :
Vocal child-protection groups argue that smacking, however occasional, may mask a serious problem, undermines children's confidence, weakens their emotional relationships, and encourages the use of violence to resolve disputes.
Back to top Go down
Rakiaplease
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Should Parents be Allowed to Smack Children   Should Parents be Allowed to Smack Children - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:45 pm

I am on the fence about this one. I am in my 40s and the from the age group were it was OK to smack kids. My mother would just have to threaten a smack to make me behave. A light tap on the bottom or legs is acceptable but not when done in temper. I do think there are other more effective ways to discipline children.

I feel that the Government in the UK takes to much of a 'big brother' role. Political correctness is partly to blame for the mess the UK is in today - This is why so many 'up sticks' to live in Bulgaria. The case about the British Airways employee who sued the company after it required her to cover up a cross necklace while on the job looks like losing her discrimination case again because the UK Government are opposing it. This is because it might offend people from other religions Should Parents be Allowed to Smack Children - Page 2 794030042

I for one am not offended by Bulgarian traditions and would not dream of expecting them to change their culture for me. If I disliked the Bulgarian way of life the answer is a simple one - live somewhere else. I wonder what the Bulgarian reaction would be if I asked a villager to stop flying the Bulgarian flag because it offended me? I have looked at the smilies on the right and cannot find one with a fist flying very fast in my direction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Parents be Allowed to Smack Children   Should Parents be Allowed to Smack Children - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should Parents be Allowed to Smack Children

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2