altText

Bulgarian solicitor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Charvez
Junior user
Junior user

Bulgarian solicitor Empty
PostSubject: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:37 pm

I hope this is the right section to air this query, if not, I apologise in advance.

My last properties in Bulgaria were apartments and I beleive that the process is somewhat different from buying apartments where the land is owned 'communally' by the company who built the apartments, or at least who own the apartments.

I am now considering buying a house with land and it is my understanding that I need to set up a Limited Company in Bulgaria and presumably produce tax figures at year end, even though it will not be a trading company.

What I am trying to find is a legitimate, registered lawyer that someone has had dealings with and knows them to be competent, able and contactable. The lawyer I used in the past did not quite meet all these requirements, though things went through eventually.

I am looking for a lwayer who can speak English and write English (I have tried Bulgarian, and so far I can say the word 'house' but in such an appalling accent that I doubt any sensible Bulgarian would listen to me), who is contactable, trustworthy (this is a must) and has preferably handled this kind of transaction before.

If anyone has had dealings personally with someone who matches this criteria (I am not overly concerned with the nationality of the lawyer, though Bulgarain or British would be my favoured nationalities 😄 ) then please put his/her name forward.

Many thanks

Charvez
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi Charvez

Do you require a lawyer to deal with the purchase of the property / land.

Or a lawyer to deal with the company creation?

For the actual end of year company tax returns you will need to submit a 'non-trading, zero tax return' and many accountants will do this for a small fee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Charvez
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying.

I will need a lawyer for both the setting up of a Limited Company and buyiong the house/land. Whether it is the same lawyer will depend on what replies I get here and what I can find out elsewhere.

Charvez
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:57 am

Hi
The below would tick all your boxes English speaking Bulgarian law firm with offices in UK and cover every aspect of legal matters for Bulgaria. Maybe a quick e mail to Galiana will answer your questions?. I have used them for all matters relating to living in BG and have had no problems

Quote Bill in your mail - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bulgaria Legal Law Office
BG Tel: +359 (0)52 604422
BG Mob: +359 (0)886 462040
Fax: +359 (0)52 617226
UK Tel: 01916408899
UK Fax: 07092885817
Address: 8 Stefan Stambolov, floor 1, office 1, Varna 9000, Bulgaria
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Charvez
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:24 am

Thanks Bill,

I will make contact with them (mentioning your name g ) and see what they have to say.

Charvez
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:40 am

Hi Charvez
Your welcome, nothing ventured nothing gained :-) I have no doubt they can help
Bill
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:29 am

bulgariabill wrote:
Hi
The below would tick all your boxes English speaking Bulgarian law firm with offices in UK and cover every aspect of legal matters for Bulgaria. Maybe a quick e mail to Galiana will answer your questions?. I have used them for all matters relating to living in BG and have had no problems

Quote Bill in your mail - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bulgaria Legal Law Office
BG Tel: +359 (0)52 604422
BG Mob: +359 (0)886 462040
Fax: +359 (0)52 617226
UK Tel: 01916408899
UK Fax: 07092885817
Address: 8 Stefan Stambolov, floor 1, office 1, Varna 9000, Bulgaria

As with all lawyers in Bulgaria don't just take a persons word for what they say they are always ask as many people as you can about this company and any other company. Just because they are big or have offices in other countries dosen't mean anything in BUlgaria. Fish around while your at it because prices can vary quite considerably depending on what it is you want doing? there are some lawyers who are members on this forum so it may well be worth contacting them too. All I would add is be very careful of any recommendation and also look at the people you get the recommendations from! It always pays to shop around and ask questions. Bulgarian solicitor 739492727
Back to top Go down
Blink
Super user
Super user
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:37 am

You don't hold any punches do you BGT Bulgarian solicitor 3135333095 but you are right what BGT has said here is oh so true do be very careful when picking a lawyer and get plenty of recommendations from others who have used them and also bear in mind that some people are agents for lawyers just as they are also agents for estate agents who obviously will gain from recommendations so you don't really want to get into that sort of this either. Good look and remember......... Be careful.
Back to top Go down
Brian1
Senior user
Senior user
Brian1

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:00 am

One of the members Trifonovon memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&
u=940
On this forum I have used and is excellent with no hidden shocks or cost.

Trifonov Law Offices
Sofia, Plovdiv &
Bansko Law Firm Bulgaria

e-mails: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
phone/fax:+359 32 624104

Head office
21, Mali Bogdan Str.
4000, Plovdiv

Sofia office
1, Kukush Str.
1309, Sofia

Bansko office
8, Vardar Str.
2770, Bansko
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Excellent advice from the members yet again well done all of you. s
Back to top Go down
Charvez
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks Brian, I will contact them as well to see what's what
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:07 am

For your accounting ie tax returns check out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] who are also one of our sponsors for the Silistra Orphanage and he does our personal tax returns as well. For years we had a lawyer who did our tax returns and charged us around 200 euro. So yes I am inclined to say it is always best to shop around.

Oddy
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user
bulgariabill

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:11 am

Hi All
Thought I would share with you the kind of thing I get every month from my solicitor, and it may answer a couple of questions?
BGtraveller and Blinky agree with both your statements and happy to answer any questions anyone has about me. just though I would be helping by showing one of the services that are available. Individuals choice at the end of the day.

Latest update from BGLegal
The new 2012 year has just started and we already have received numerous letters with request to provide up-to-date information about:

- whether it is true that after 1st of January 2012 there is no need a foreigner to register a legal entity if he wants to buy a plot of land in Bulgaria
- preparing and submitting of Annual reports of Bulgarian companies for 2011
In the present newsletter we shall try to give the most complete information regarding all those matters.
If there is anything that you still need further explanation, then please send us your feedback to our Facebook page, or email to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so that we can write about the issue you are particularly interested in.
Sincerely,
Galina Georgieva

No Need Of A Company
To Buy Land In Bulgaria?
In Bulgaria the legal regime for acquisition of title and using of the ownership right over the real estates by foreigners is regulated by the Constitution of Bulgaria, by the Ownership Act and the Agricultural Land Ownership"
According to those Acts and the Constitution foreign physical persons and legal persons may acquire a right of ownership of land in the following cases:
- under the conditions and terms arising from the Contract for accession of the Republic of Bulgaria to the European Union
- by virtue of an international agreement which has been ratified, which has been promulgated, and which has entered into force for the Republic of Bulgaria
- through legal succession.
The legal framework for the acquisition of title over land plots is regulated in the third part of the Annex 6 of the Treaty of Accession of Bulgaria and Romania to EU as this Treaty says that:
- Bulgaria may maintain during five years from the date of accession the restrictions laid down in its legislation on the acquisition of ownership over land for secondary residences by nationals of the Member States or the States which are a party to the European Economic Area Agreement (EEAA) non-resident in Bulgaria and by legal persons formed in accordance with the laws of another Member State or of an EEAA State.
Note: secondary residence is any residence different from the main residence located on the territory of any country in EC
- Bulgaria may maintain in force for seven years from the date of accession the restrictions laid down in its legislation on the acquisition of agricultural land, forests and forestry land by nationals of another Member State, by nationals of the States which are a party to the European Economic Area Agreement and by legal persons formed in accordance with the laws of another Member State or an EEAA State.

this means that Bulgaria has a right not to allow acquisition of ownership over land for secondary residences by foreigners for 5 years after the date of accession which means till 1st January 2012 BUT it does not mean that Bulgaria is obliged to allow such acquisition exactly on 1st of January 2012.
Lifting of such restriction is connected with changes that should be applied to several Bulgarian legal acts and secondary legislation instruments, which changes were not made yet, nor there has started parliamentary discussion over it, which means that foreigners still should register a company in case they want to buy a land plot for secondary residences.
The Notary chamber of the Republic of Bulgaria had admitted that it is expected the Ownership Act to be changed as this change will be published and announced in the official state newspaper of Bulgaria - the State Guazette.
Bulgaria Legal will be happy to inform you about this change once it becomes official.

ANNUAL TAX RETURN COMPANY - 2012:
From 1st of January 2012 has started the period for the submission of the Annual Financial and Tax Reports of each and every Bulgarian company no matter whether it is actively trading or not as this period will last till the end of March 2012 for the Tax report and till end of June for the Annual Financial Report.
First of all what is the annual tax return - it is a form with information about tax financial result of the company and the annual corporation tax due which should be submitted according to the Article 92 of the Corporate Income Tax Act of Bulgaria.
There are other declarations as per the Corporate Tax Law and the Law for Taxation of the Persons' Income. For more information whether and how you are taxed in Bulgaria, please ask our Chief Accountant at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There are two kinds of the tax return: nil and not nil.
Nil tax return should be submitted in case the company had no expenses or incomes during the entire 2011.
Normal tax return should be submitted in case the company have has at least one expense or income during 2011.
EXPENSES ARE: electricity and water bills and other utility bills, municipality or real estate taxes, receipts and invoices for services, etc. Buying a property by the company is also an activity, which means that if your company had bought a real estate or a car your company has to submit a tax return WHICH IS NOT NIL.
No matter if it is nil or not the tax return consists of following documents:
1/ Tax Return Declaration - a 6 pages-form approved by the Ministry of Finance;
this document should be submitted to the National Revenue Agency as the deadline for submission is 31st March 2012.
2/ Statistic Declaration - 53 pages-form approved by the National Statistics Institute (NSI);
this declaration should be submitted to the NSI till 31st March 2012.
3/ Balance Sheets also called Financial Report should be submitted to the Trade Register till 30th of June 2012. The balance sheets consist of 5 attachments:
- Balance sheets report;

- Report for incomes and expenses;

- Report for the cash flow;

- Report for the capital;

- Attachment with explanations for the accountancy policy of the company.
Penalties for not submitting the necessary documents, described above:
Tax Return Declaration - from 700 BGN to 3,000 BGN
Statistic Declaration - from 1,000 BGN to 2,000 BGN
Balance Sheets - from 2,000 BGN to 4,000 BGN

Bulgaria Legal

8 Stefan Stambolov street, office 1, floor 1
Varna, 9000
Bulgaria Legal

We now have a UK telephone number which will connect you directly to our Bulgarian Office
or indeed our UK Office. Used with your free calling plans or
free mobile minutes this can mean free calls to us!

Bill Bulgarian solicitor 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Charvez
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Will read this when I get a chance. Am at work at the moment and my internet at home is down :(

Thanks for the info and I look forward to reading it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulgarian solicitor   Bulgarian solicitor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bulgarian solicitor

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1