Burgas Named Bulgaria's Most Dynamic Tourist City

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Burgas Named Bulgaria's Most Dynamic Tourist City Empty
PostSubject: Burgas Named Bulgaria's Most Dynamic Tourist City   Burgas Named Bulgaria's Most Dynamic Tourist City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 11:26 am

[size=55:3rwsjfc6]novinite

The Southern Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas is the country's highest-ranked tourist city, according to Euromonitor Internationals latest Top City Destinations Ranking.

Burgas has been placed 84th in the ranking designed to cover 100 of the world's leading and most dynamic cities in terms of international tourist arrivals in 2010. Some 1.54 million tourists visited Burgas in 2010, according to Euromonitor International.

One more Bulgarian city, the country's "
Black Sea capital"
Varna, has been included in the ranking, occupying the 86th position with approximately 1.5 million visitors.

Burgas and Varna both registered drops in the volume of tourist visits in 2010, by 1.8% and 0.2% respectively.

In 2010, Hong Kong, Singapore and London were the most popular city destinations worldwide. Hong Kong topped the ranking with almost 20 million arrivals in 2010, an 18% increase compared to 2009.

Singapore attracted 18 million tourists in 2010, while London followed closely with 15 million arrivals.

After recording a decline in 2009, international arrivals to countries regained growth in 2010, positively impacting results for the top 100 cities, which saw arrivals increase by 7%.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
varnagirl

PostSubject: Re: Burgas Named Bulgaria's Most Dynamic Tourist City   Burgas Named Bulgaria's Most Dynamic Tourist City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 12:48 pm

In all the years I have lived here , plus the 10yrs proir to that ,that I visited Bulgaria...I am ashamed to say I have never been into the centre of Burgas to have a proper look..... I have gone round it ..and have have travelled the coast road threw / alongside it , to go south...but never in it
really must put that right this summer... !!
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Burgas Named Bulgaria's Most Dynamic Tourist City   Burgas Named Bulgaria's Most Dynamic Tourist City Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Varnagirl - I am the same with Varna!!!

Meant to go there so many times - I guess I just stay in my comfort zone!!! We really will try to get to Varna this year, I guess the thing is where to stay, what to do when there, where are the good places to eat etc.!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Burgas Named Bulgaria's Most Dynamic Tourist City   Burgas Named Bulgaria's Most Dynamic Tourist City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1