altText

Garden Party 2012 Silistra

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys

Well I have managed to get a whole 3 weeks holiday time off at work for October g I did try for Sept but not possible. I also cleared the Garden Party date for Sat 6th Oct Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 2706089290 We look forward to seeing you there this year.

I am in the process of sorting out the long to do list and will tick off accordingly
The main one is covered by Kevin Pescott Fine Meats as he has already confirmed he will be supplying all the meat for the BBQ which, of course is just fantastic and a brilliant start.

I am looking forward to all the planning again if you have any ideas do let me know. <!-- sChat -->c<!-- sChat -->

Thanks a million.

Oddy  Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 1995268642
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:15 pm

BGTRAVELLER wrote:
Great pictures Berni which realy tell the story of the day and it shows what a great time you all had. Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 739492727

I would just like to add a footnote to this topic. With reference to the photography, I am so pleased that I arrived in time to be part of capturing the day. I would not have missed it for the world, and the thing is, nobody (as far as I know) knew I was going to be there as I did not advertise the fact :Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 3897195628: Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 2345823347 Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 3998065313
It was a photographer's dream, (well almost) the sun was shining :Sunny:and it was shirt sleeve order, the only problem I encountered was that half the entertainment area was in the sun and the other half was in the shade. I think I enjoyed being there more this year than the previous years and that may be down to the fact that I felt more in control, because the children responded more to my requests , but again that may have been because they knew me better than previous years g
What ever the reason, it doesn't matter as I am happy with the end product and the fact the Berni and Dougie now have a record of the day which is very important because being the organiser's (here there and everywhere) they did not see much of what was going on
I don't know about next year we will have to see if the eye sight is still in focus Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 2706089290:
:Good luck:to you both
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:32 pm

willowsend wrote:
BGTRAVELLER wrote:
Great pictures Berni which realy tell the story of the day and it shows what a great time you all had. Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 739492727

I would just like to add a footnote to this topic. With reference to the photography, I am so pleased that I arrived in time to be part of capturing the day. I would not have missed it for the world, and the thing is, nobody (as far as I know) knew I was going to be there as I did not advertise the fact :Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 3897195628: Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 2345823347 Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 3998065313
It was a photographer's dream, (well almost) the sun was shining :Sunny:and it was shirt sleeve order, the only problem I encountered was that half the entertainment area was in the sun and the other half was in the shade. I think I enjoyed being there more this year than the previous years and that may be down to the fact that I felt more in control, because the children responded more to my requests , but again that may have been because they knew me better than previous years g
What ever the reason, it doesn't matter as I am happy with the end product and the fact the Berni and Dougie now have a record of the day which is very important because being the organiser's (here there and everywhere) they did not see much of what was going on
I don't know about next year we will have to see if the eye sight is still in focus Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 2706089290:
:Good luck:to you both

Thank you my little darling :Love1:
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 9:15 pm

oddball wrote:
The Silistra Garden Party: 2012

Well here we are again another year has gone by our 4th Garden Party and again it was a great success
thanks to all those wonderful helpers and supports alike. Thanks to Eric (itchyfeet) our piper who did us proud on his bagpipes. You all did a fantastic Job. Special thanks to our photographer Bryan (Willowsend) who flew from the UK to be with us and took some wonderful photos which you will find on the website below. see photos here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... rty%202012

We did not have as many people there this year, I guess this was due to the end of the holiday season, but we
still raised a fantastic amount of funds from all the items for sale. Plus earlier in the year Joanne, Nigel
Irene &
Dave did a fundraiser via the Secret Garden Tea Room. They did high teas and raised 641lev a
fantastic amount, thank you all you did great!. They will be doing a Xmas Fayre fundraiser on Nov 24th in
Pomoshtitsa nr Popovo, again they will make another donation to the Silistra Orphanage bunk bed appeal.
Thanks a million times over for your ongoing support.

Christine &
Lester Griffin had been doing bootsales and knitting throughout the year. They raised over
1000lev, which is just an amazing amount. Lester and our friend Hugh here in the UK made 2 set of stocks for
us and Lester manned them throughout the day at the Garden Party – The children had not seen anything
like this before and love them. Thank you so much you are all wonderful. Special thanks to all our helpers
Sue and Dave, Sue &
Arthur, Ade, Christine &
Lester, Nellie and the girls from the 365 Volunteer
Club, Joanne and Nigel, Bill &
Sue and especially Margaret who flew from Switzerland to be with us. Also Stilian, all the children and the staff at the Dimcho, who once again, did a fantastic job. They all pulled together and filled in where we needed them. Thanks to the
Mayor of Silistra who sent the group of children and the man on the flute to entertain us and they were
amazing. Thank you also to Gurp for their DJ shame he had to leave early. We could not have done this without all our volunteers thank
you all very much you are an amazing group of people.

We had some wonderful stalls at the Garden Party and some fantastic raffle and auction prizes – everyone
had a great time. We had Ivelina and Christian from BNTV who filmed The Dimcho Garden Party and
interview many of our guests. They also filmed our 3rd Orphanage in Silsitra Malek Preslavetz, where there are 16
children there and this is our 2nd year of bringing them boxes of clothes, shoes, toys, trampoline, swimming
pool, 2 bikes 20 hand knitted blankets and most important the Christmas Shoeboxes. We are hoping that
the tv publicity will bring more help and awareness to the orphanages in Bulgaria so fingers crossed.

Thank to ‘Pescott’s Foods’ for donating the massive amount of burgers and sausages they were great.
Kevin and Bev also drive the 5 hours to be with us. Thanks a million to Bev for spending her afternoon
helping our staff to cook them. Here is a quote from one of our guests Mick ‘ At lunchtime, we were supplied
with a bbq style meal to purchase and once again, hats off to everybody involved in the food. The burgers and
sausages (some said were deer, some said ostrich) - whichever, they were bloomin tasty!!!! Big round of applause
as I say, the food was excellent and the staff the same’ Thanks again Kevin for you support again this year. It
was a pleasure to meet you both. Thanks Mick really appreciate that.

As you know one of our projects was to raise fund for bunk beds for the Dimcho – This was a project we
hoped to complete by August 2013 however, due to the support we have had from the Garden Party, the
fantastic people on the The Facebook Sunny Beach Group, The Secret Tea Room. LaPa Bar and various
supporters like Steve W. Sara C , Christine and Lester, Michael Brown, Ellen and Martha Ladd 2 wonderful girls age 9 and
12 who donated their own funds to buy a bed. Our friends in Belgium their daughter an 11 year old girl Tyra Derdin also
bought a bed. Earlier in the year Tyra and her mum flew from Belgium with two large bags of goodies for the children in Silsitra. Pat, Helen and members of the Sunny Beach Group all went to the Hotel Delta to meet the children, Quest Magazine owner Darren, Denise and the girls planned a fun afternoon for the children at the hotel. They all had a fab time thank you so much. We hope to have enough funds to buy all the beds before Christmas. We have few bag packing sessions and a Christmas Fayre at my place of work, so hopefully this will give us the outstanding balance to purchase the remaining 9 beds. Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 1536469901

Thanks again to everyone who has helped and supported us again this year and special thanks Chris and Bill for all their hard work on the website and helping with all sorts of tech stuff throughout the year. They have both been just amazing. g

Many thanks Berni for your compliments, Annette and I are very pleased that you raised so much money for a good cause . Eric
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:07 pm

Special thanks to Eric (Itchyfeet) and his lovely wife Annette for taking the time to travel to Silistra Orphanage and donate his time and play his bag pipes for us - We were delighted you made the journey thanks you a million times over
Eric you were brilliant!! we all loved you H
Here are few of the wonderful photos Bryan took of you. Hope you don't mind me sharing here.
Bryan you are just fab :Thank you:too H
Berni &
Dougie

Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 6:36 am

Thank you for the pictures Berni its lovely to see them in costume and I bet the children loved it s
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 7:41 am

Great NEWS!!!!!

This company Kevin Pescott's of British Foods Bulgaria are sponsors of the Silistra Orphanage. They provided the BBQ food for the Silistra Orphanage Garden Party last year and has come forward again this year with the same offer of help. Thank you so much. Thanks Berni &
Dougie g g

Bangers And Bacon - British Food Suppliers in Bulgaria [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... 99&
lang=en
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garden Party 2012 Silistra   Garden Party 2012 Silistra - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garden Party 2012 Silistra

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7