View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Newerwaves
Junior user
Junior user
Newerwaves

Carrying ID Empty
PostSubject: Carrying ID   Carrying ID Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Right, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but if it's not, if the Moderator could move it to the right place.

When I was in Sofia last, I was in a pool place with some friends and the Police came up to our group and asked everyone for their ID. Thankfully, they were alright with my photo driving licence. However, there was a person in our group who had ID that was from a different area in Bulgaria. The police said that she should have registered her ID in Sofia.
Now, I know about the Bulgarian ID card for the nationals, but when I move over, I don't think my driving licence will cut it and I don't want to carry my Passport everywhere. Does anybody know if there is ID that I need to apply for, as I'm not a national and where to do this. Basically, I don't want a situation where the Police come up and ask me for ID and I don't have it or the right one.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

Carrying ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carrying ID   Carrying ID Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:50 pm

you carry your passport at all times like it or not, a litchna karta is your residential id in bulgaria, you apply to the police in your region, take an interpreter. but to be honest, bulgaria does not have a clue how to deal with residential expats, they treat all expats as tourists. i was thrown out of a hospital because i would not sign a tourist document, i am under bulgarian medicare but they insisted i sign which would have been fraudulent. my partner with a uk pension should have an ehic card from the bulgarian government as part of the eu agreement, but bulgaria will not issue them, they dont understand, so the uk is having to issue them even though they should not because bulgaria will not conform to the agreement. i would not worry, it will get sorted but not in the conventional way that we understand, anything goes here. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have been here 5 years, they have not thrown me out yet. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

Carrying ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carrying ID   Carrying ID Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:57 pm

hiya :Love1: I have a wonderful idea stick me in your suitcase and I will tell everyone who you are Carrying ID 3367882216 No need to carry ID than
Carrying ID 2706089290

I would suggest you apply for the residency card as soon as you can as this is ID I am sure someone will come forward shortly and explain it all clearly to you. Going to miss you loads Carrying ID 927475117 my (adopted) number 3 son Carrying ID 1536469901

Oddy s
Back to top Go down
Esta
Senior user
Senior user

Carrying ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carrying ID   Carrying ID Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:37 am

You can now get a photo ID card - which you can carry instead of your passport.

You will need to go to the local police with a good selection of documents, go and check what they need before you go to do the job!!!! My husband and son had to renew their ID cards - they had the white ones with no photo and were offered photo ones.

At the time (about 1 yr ago) you had to apply for the white one (no photo) first - then once this is issued you could apply for the photo one. This may have changed so double check. I can't remember why we had to have the non-photo ones first.

You will still need your passport for things like banking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.djebulgarianhomes.co.uk
Andy
Super user
Super user
Andy

Carrying ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carrying ID   Carrying ID Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:31 am

You may find different places apply different rules and I think that a lot of the rules with in the EU only come into effect with full Schengen status but I may be wrong about that ? I'm sure I read this somewhere but I just can't remember where?
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Carrying ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carrying ID   Carrying ID Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:51 pm

Newerwaves - you will find its hopeless asking on a forum because everyone will give a different answer depending on individual circumstances in their region. As Esta suggested, its best to go to your nearest police department which, in Veliko Turnovo, is integral with KAT offices for cars. You will be given a list of documents to present including a bank letter saying you have an account and the reason you are in Bulgaria eg retirement, student, employment etc. The people may or may not be over friendly so it would be a good idea to have a translater as you shouldn't presume anyone will speak English and be prepared to wait and/or return to pick up your card.
The white card with no photo came into being when Bulgaria entered the EU and replaced the hard to get photo ID (Lichna Carta) which Bulgarians all carry and is the official ID document. The white card is just a card to say you are a longstay resident in Bulgaria but is not classed as proper ID. For ID now it is back to carrying your passport.
The EHIC British Health card should also be applied for back in UK but be aware that if you say you are resident in Bulgaria permanently you will be wiped off the National Health there. Bulgaria doesn't understand this but they will accept it as medical insurance - at the moment!
I hope this makes sense. Basically its easy to just carry your passport and keep a photocopy at home just in case it gets lost or stolen.
Everyone will try to help you but things change all the time here and sometimes its all completely bonkers but you have to go with the flow. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Newerwaves
Junior user
Junior user
Newerwaves

Carrying ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carrying ID   Carrying ID Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:01 pm

Thanks everybody for the advice.

I will be going to Sofia for a few days in late January, so will visit the Police department to get hold of the form and find what I can and can't get.

I've got the Health card, but yeah, as soon as I'm over there for a certain amount of time, it's invalid. I'm in the middle of trying to get the right form, so that my health payments from here are worked out and sent over there.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

Carrying ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carrying ID   Carrying ID Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:13 pm

Good luck Newerwaves with documents and job. Carrying ID 2581928987
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

Carrying ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carrying ID   Carrying ID Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Good luck and have a good trip s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Carrying ID Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carrying ID   Carrying ID Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carrying ID

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1