altText

implications of bankrupcy on long term visa

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

implications of bankrupcy on long term visa Empty
PostSubject: implications of bankrupcy on long term visa   implications of bankrupcy on long term visa Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 2:39 pm

Appologies if this is under the wrong section.
I had a british couple come in the shop today, looking for advise from another brit. They are about to be made bankrupt due to debt and can't find any information on how they stand legally with regards to staying in the country. As you need to prove solvency to get a longterm visa, does anyone know what happens if you become bankrupt or where to find out?
All information would be helpful and i'll pass it along thankyou T
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
Netsniperthefirst
Netsniperthefirst

PostSubject: Re: implications of bankruptcy on long term visa   implications of bankrupcy on long term visa Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 4:37 pm

As far as I know so long as they can show that they have sufficient funds to support themselves it shouldn't make any difference? I could be wrong but this is what I believe. I suppose it will depend on what they tell who? There isn't anything in place at the moment by where the UK and Bg communicate about individual bankruptcies unless the person being made bankrupt in the UK informs the official receiver in the UK about property owned abroad. So going back to what you asked I personally don't believe it will make any difference and if that particular question isn't on any forms they you don't have to tell the Bulgarian authorities.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marketdraytonforum.com
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: implications of bankruptcy on long term visa   implications of bankrupcy on long term visa Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:55 am

Netsniperthefirst wrote:
As far as I know so long as they can show that they have sufficient funds to support themselves it shouldn't make any difference? I could be wrong but this is what I believe. I suppose it will depend on what they tell who? There isn't anything in place at the moment by where the UK and Bg communicate about individual bankruptcies unless the person being made bankrupt in the UK informs the official receiver in the UK about property owned abroad. So going back to what you asked I personally don't believe it will make any difference and if that particular question isn't on any forms they you don't have to tell the Bulgarian authorities.
Thankyou for the advice. to clarify they are being made bankrupt in bulgaria, with no assets in the uk. Hence the enquiry as to whether they can have their visas revoked. implications of bankrupcy on long term visa 1763269238
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: implications of bankrupcy on long term visa   implications of bankrupcy on long term visa Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

implications of bankrupcy on long term visa

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1