What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas Empty
PostSubject: What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas   What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 9:36 am

It would be nice to hear some stories you remember about Christmas as a child. I am sure we all have a few stories.
I always remember my first two wheeler bike, it was two tone purple and I loved it. Checking out what was in the stocking was more exciting for me thinking it was coming special from Santa. Memories that never fade no matter what age we are, I could go on but they were happier days and Mum and Dad would only spend what they could afford, and we were happy. :Xmas1:
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas   What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 9:52 am

s

Our Christmas was never about toys although we did get a Christmas stocking with some sweets, a whole orange to ourselves and some underwear and a lovely doll. One of us would have a ludo and draughts game which kept us entertained all day long. But the best things of all was the Christmas dinner What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas 1231724242 and to top it all off jelly and custard for afters what a treat. We had a Christmas cake for supper. I was one of 12 children so quite an expensive time for our parents. :What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas 1931734156: H wonderful times.,
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

PostSubject: Re: What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas   What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:58 pm

My Brother and I used to sit on the top step, waiting for Mum and Dad to get their robes on and take us down.

Dad always opened the living room door and declared "
He's Been"
(Santa that is).

Great times, god only knows how they could afford such nice gifts when they were so skint ... they did without so that we could have a great time over the holiday.

God rest Dad, and this year, I'm going to Mum's to make her day as happy as she made ours as kids.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas   What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

i had pillowcases on the bed and when i woke up they would be full of presents. After breakfast i would go down into the bar with my mum, dad and brother because we lived in a pub and there would be lots of presents under the tree for me and my brother from the customers. Christmas day was a big party first in the pub with customers, then later at my nanas with all our family.
We have always tried to bring the same party/family atmosphere to christmas for our children and this year will be the first time we havent all been together. So were having a skype christmas party instead and hopefully next christmas we'll have enough of the house finished for them all to stay.
Christmas has never been about what you get but about being with the people you love and being able to give them things that make them happy. s What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas 1231724242
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas   What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 5:32 pm

I remember a lady coming to our house every Xmas and baking loads of stuff for us all, I think this was because my mother couldn't really cook. I don't really know who she was but we always called her auntie Jean? and I'm sure she came from Scotland ? anyway her mince pies and Christmas pud was to die for and I mis her baking even now. What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas 739492727
Back to top Go down
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas   What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:24 pm

Watching my plate being filled with sprouts (yuk horrible at the time,love them now) g :Great:loved the smell of turkey first thing christmas morning H H
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas   What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 7:09 am

not being able to sleep on christmas eve, waiting until 4am when we thought that was ok to get mum and dad up... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] then as an adult i thought my own children would get up at a reasonable time What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas 2345823347 how wrong was I.

Merry christmas everyone, have a great day. :Xmas4: :Fireworks: :Fireworks:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas   What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What stays in your memory from childhood Christmas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1