altText

buying logs round popovo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

buying logs round popovo Empty
PostSubject: buying logs round popovo   buying logs round popovo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 11:43 am

my family and i are moving over with our horses on monday and unfortunately due to problems with my youngest daughter's passport over the summer then a few unexpected funerals to attend we haven't been in bulgaria as much as we expected and have unfortunately missed out on purchasing logs locally. does anyone know anywhere still selling logs rather than cubes anywhere in the popovo region? thankyou s
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: buying logs round popovo   buying logs round popovo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi give Tricia a call she may be able to point you in the right direction she lives in Palamartsa and rescues dogs s

Beautifulangel I have removed the tel no due to security reasons, but I have send the info to you via pm Oddy

Last edited by 140 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Personal data removed for security reason)
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: buying logs round popovo   buying logs round popovo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 3:22 pm

fantastic thanks, i'll give her a ring when i get there. g T
Back to top Go down
http://beautifulangel-movingtobulgaria.blogspot.com/
nu2bg
Super user
Super user
nu2bg

PostSubject: Re: buying logs round popovo   buying logs round popovo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:50 pm

You could also try contacting the mayor when you get there they are the ones who know everything about logs.
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
itchyfeet

PostSubject: Re: buying logs round popovo   buying logs round popovo Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 4:41 pm

beautifulangel wrote:
my family and i are moving over with our horses on monday and unfortunately due to problems with my youngest daughter's passport over the summer then a few unexpected funerals to attend we haven't been in bulgaria as much as we expected and have unfortunately missed out on purchasing logs locally. does anyone know anywhere still selling logs rather than cubes anywhere in the popovo region? thankyou s

Good luck with finding logs, especially at this time of the year. We are moving over in late January and there will be nothing for us either, unless the builder leaves us two twigs to get us started!!

buying logs round popovo 1865348797 buying logs round popovo 1865348797
Back to top Go down
Alfie
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: buying logs round popovo   buying logs round popovo Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:04 am

I don't know about Popovo but this year we discovered there are people in our village who work for the forrestry managers (whoever they may be). These people work for no wages but are allowed to take wood as payment. Their task as I understand is to clear up all the dead trees/damaged trees which they then remove and dispose of.
We benefitted from finding one or two of these guys who delivered good, seasoned hardwood at approximately half the price of that supplied by the woodyards.
It's more than likely that this set up is similar in most areas. Ask around, you may be surprised.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: buying logs round popovo   buying logs round popovo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

buying logs round popovo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1