My cat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

My cat Empty
PostSubject: My cat   My cat Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 3:26 pm

I was hoping to fly with Blue Air from Luton to Rumania with my wife and cat.On the web site it had said that you could take a pet in the cabin which I paid for and our flights. I spoke to Blue Air on the phone and now they have told me that my cat cannot go on the aircraf and the flight is non refundable although thier info was misleading! Now I have a problem getting my cat of 18 years to Bulgaria which I will not leave behind.So has anyone got any good ideas to over come this problem? I have thought of driving but I do not know what problems I would face at different borders although my cat has a Pet Passport and has had a rabies shot and has been chipped.The other thing is I think it takes about 3 days by road and I wondered if anyone has done this trip with a pet? If you have are the motels/Hotels OK with a animal staying? Failing this the only other alterative is to travel seperatley which I don't want to do because of my cats age and they want £700 for the displeasure.
Any constructive advice would be appreciated.

Andy My cat 3135333095
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Scunnered

My cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cat   My cat Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi Andy, we drove over in April with 2 dogs. There was no problem at all with them at borders, the only place we
had to show our passports were Romania and Bulgaria. The dogs ones were never required! We stayed overnight just over
the Austrian border at a motel (sorry I can't remember the name) and the dogs were allowed in the room with us. If the cat is
in a basket I can't see there being a problem. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chris

My cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cat   My cat Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 4:04 pm

HI Andy

We also drove from France to Bulgaria with our German Shepherd. We never got asked for her passport even though she had one and was chipped, vaccinated, etc.

None of the hotels we stopped at had any problem and she was always allowed to stay in the room with us.

We also hit on a bit of luck with the high-speed ferry from Italy to Greece as they have 'pet-friendly cabins'. Once out to sea we could give her a good walk around the decks before going back to the cabin for a few hours sleep before docking in Greece.

If you have all the documents, I can't see a problem with driving it.

Also, according to this article:
[url:2o7py2h6]http:
//www.
paylessbg.
com/en/articles/Traveling-with-Cat/25/[/url:2o7py2h6]

you can still travel with them in the cabin of an aircraft?

May be worth contacting them for verification.

Good luck
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

My cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cat   My cat Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Thank you for all your advice so best I go and get a 4x4 with a snug top T T
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

My cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cat   My cat Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 7:28 am

speedgunner wrote:
fly with Blue Air from Luton to Rumania with my wife and cat.On the web site it had said that you could take a pet in the cabin which I paid for and our flights. I spoke to Blue Air on the phone and now they have told me that my cat cannot go on the aircraf and the flight is non refundable although thier info was misleading

H Speedgunner

What I would suggest you is write directly to the MD - rather that customer service, all letters have to go direct to the MD - If they offer a service on the internet and take payment than they have to honor this service or pay you a full refund and you can also claim material stress and financial loss also mention 'Treating Customers Fairly' They will respond to you within in 30 days.

Sherif Ussama, CEO &
MD
Flighthouse, Fernhill Road, Horley, RH6 9SY, United Kingdom

Phone: 0871 744 7471 / +44 1293 874 986 (If you have rung them already, than a formal complaint should have been logged re to your dissatisfaction.

There is also an online form you can complete here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Again as a back up fill this in and send.

Good luck g let us know how you get on.

Good luck
Back to top Go down
speedgunner
Senior user
Senior user

My cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cat   My cat Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Thanks for your reply and I have written to Watch Dog explaining what has happened to expose thier mistake.I was also talking to a person and I was told that I could take them to court. The reason being that by taking my money for the cats flight they entered into a contract to fly the cat regardless of weather Luton permits the transport of animals or not.Trouble is I don't have the time here in England to follow that avenue through as I wish I had the time. Cheers! T
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My cat Empty
PostSubject: Re: My cat   My cat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My cat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Traveling to and around Bulgaria-