altText

Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball
oddball

Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Morning Guys

[size=150:2ui0cpzt]The Garden Party at Silsitra Orphanage will be on Sat 1st Oct 2011 at 11am

Here is the first publications so far - I will add more events shortly We have Valdi Totev and Dimmi two of Bulgarians famous artis coming too

Bernadette
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:01 am

:Howdy:Everybody

I am dying to put a posting and details on the fantastic and enjoyable event last Saturday, but I will resist as I hope you will all agree that we should give Mother Superior (Berni) that devine right and privilage. Likewise with the photographs, I want to discuss with Ashley and Berni which is the best way to go about putting them on the forum , hopefully as a slide show
On a personal note I will be producing an Album of the day's events and delivering it to the Orphanage on my next visit sometime in the near future. A duplicate copy will also be given to Berni as a memento of the day, a day she so successfully put together in another Country 1600 miles from her own home, and we must not forget good old Dougie (general dogs body), what would we have done without him, after all he did manage to pull the raffle tickets out of the hat g. As my wife day's, behind every good man there is an even better woman. I have just been told to get up stairs to bed, so on that note it's good night Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 1763269238(I couldn't find any fairies) and be patient. Bernie's story on how 2200leva was raised will be a story worth waiting for Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 1536469901
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:24 am

This beautiful cake was one of the many fun raising attractions at the Orphanage party

To all the members on the forum who did not attend the party, you can now have a bit of fun yourselves

[size=150]Guess the weight in kilo's and gram's[/size] (All I will tell you is that it is a sponge cake) and there is not a brick in the middle

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GOOD LUCK
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:47 am

Any ideas on the size Bryan g
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
willowsend

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Admin wrote:
Any ideas on the size Bryan g

[size=200:1jz3c082]BIG Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 1865348797 Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 1865348797 Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 1865348797 Bigger than this one :Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 3003924059: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 2706089290

About 40cm X 20cm g
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 2142662594
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:20 pm

Hi Guys

So sorry for delay here is the updated from the Garden Party - what a brilliant day we had. We are still working on the website but some of the Silistra Dimcho photos re in the gallery on here.   H babies ones will be on the website

Silistra Garden Party October 2011

The goods, a whole 27 cubic meters arrived in Silistra and the Director Stilian and the children unloaded the lorry and stored all the goods which we had already color coded for organiations identify.  We had goods for everybody including our own Silistra orphanage the Dimcho, the Baby orphanage, the Home for the Elderly, The Disability Centre,  Malek Pretlavets orphanage, Dobrich orphanage, Pryatail orphanage the local doctors surgery and three local villages. We had so much stuff it was difficult to find a place to store it for to long so we had to arrange collection asap.  We went around all the organization in Silistra and arranged a pick up date and time.  The one far away like Dobrich had transport problems but did come with one car and fill the car.  The remaining 50 odd boxes of goods were giving to other establishments.  We also had to rely on our British friends who were attending the Garden Party to fill their cars with however many boxes they could and drop them off at the orphanage in their area for us, once again these lovely people came to our rescue. Thanks a million guys you all did fantastic.  Due to the problem of transporting goods around Bulgaria we have decided that we will only stick to our own region of Silistra next year.

We had been to the orphanage every day since we arrived in Silistra.  There was so much to do so many boxes of goods to get moved and check and get ready for the Garden Party. We sorted all the party boxes out but could not find the ones with the cup plates etc so we had to go to every establishment and check though their boxes. We searched everywhere but could not find them until the morning of the party when we were sending someone to buy new ones, one of the cooks said she put that box of item into the store room – Phew! a sigh of relief when out came the box with the 500 odd cups plate and cutlery along with the tea and coffee.  

photos on forum gallery website later  

We ordered the bread finger rolls for the sausages Freezerman Andy donated to us.  He had already given us burgers and all the baps to go with them.  I bought soft finger rolls (fruit ones) just to show them what we wanted as we did not want a repeat of last years half a French loaf each.  Anyway all was clear and we ordered 320 finger rolls and they would be ready the morning of the party.  We went along to pick them up and they were not soft finger rolls but crusty finger rolls however, they were smaller than last year.  Could not do anything then so, had to accept them.  We also collected the drinks that were donated by a sponsor in Silsitra.  Unfortunately there was very little support from the companies in Silistra, which was a dreadful shame considering all the advertising and media cover plus they all thought what we do is brilliant. We had help with delivering the computers from NTZ Taransport Ltd in Sofia which was wonderful.  Our first Bulgarian company that helps us is  from Burgas.  Borislav has been sponsoring us for 3 years now.  They are just wonderful and in addition to their annual donation Borislav also supplied two massive boxes of sweets for the Dimcho.  Well done guys you did fantastic!  Hopefully next year we will have a few more companies joining Nominal Ltd and NTZ Taransport Ltd.

Thanks again for the support of the British companies including Anglo-Info, Bulgarian Lifestyle, The Chocolate Box, BritishimportsBG, Freezerman and Pescott’s and others in Bulgaria and the expats living there.  They were all just amazing and they traveled from all over Bulgaria for hours and hours just to be with us, You guys are just amazing! Thanks a million time over for your continual support, without you guys we would have been totally lost.

Donations
The food at the Garden party was donated by our British friends Andy &
Jane Moat or as many of you know him ‘Freezerman’  who donated all the sausages/burgers and baps and had them delivered to the orphanage for us.  Thank you so much Andy you did fantastic and may I say that everyone commented on the burgers and sausages how tasty they were so well done you!!

Kevin Pescott  
‘Masterbutcher’ sent to the Dimcho vouchers worth 200lev for food for the raffle along with Birdseye burgers and sherbet dips for the children.  Thank you Kevin for your wonderful gifts the children were truly delighted plus the raffle prizes and gifts for the children they are just amazing.  Kevin has already come forward and said he will be happy to provide all the meat for next years event, how amazing is that!! So once again thank you so much we are overwhelmed with all the support you gave and continue to give us. We look forward to meeting with you all again next year.

<!-- sFriends -->:Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 1931734156:<!-- sFriends --> gave us raffle prizes Nets did a beautiful painting, Cliff Norton send a fantastic print of ‘Finch in the snow’ but we did not get enough time to auction this however, this will be kept for next year, thanks Cliff. Cindy at Anglo-Info gave a 2 ring electric cooker top and a free advertising posting.  The advertising posting was offered to Andy Freezerman. Irene donated 4 porcelain dolls which were auctioned off and raised 150 lev fantastic amount thanks guys..  Michelle Warner of Bulgarian lifestyle made a fabulous cake and did guess the weight which raised around 80 lev then the cake was won by Sue &
Dave and they auctions it off.  Christine and Lester won it for 40 lev so Michelle’s cake raised a total of 120 lev.  Then Christine and Lester donated the cake back to the orphanage.  The children were delighted.  Joanna had made them some wonderful cup cake and they were really excited when they saw them but now they also had a huge cake they were truly spoilt. Thanks a million guys for making our day, you were all just brilliant and the children were so very happy.

photo on website/ forum

Michelle’s Cake                                  The Raffle the Dimcho won one food voucher

Bryan Talbot    
Bryan is a wonderful man he has helped us so much over the last year or so with various projects. Since he has found out about the orphanage Bryan just keeps coming up with ways to help including organizing a Bulgarian Night at his local pub last year where he raised and donated £100 to the orphanage along with various other competitions.  He has gone one step further by doing all the photography for the Garden Party this year.  He flew to BG just to do this for us.  He will produce a photo album for the orphanage and a copy for us in the UK again Bryan will do this at his own cost and will not take any contribution what so ever.  He is a fantastic person and we are so luck to have him on our side.  Bryan has helped us in so many ways including securing the food for the garden party. Bryan is just wonderful! He will be presenting the photo album to the Dimcho director on his next visit to BG.  Thank you a million time over, we are truly grateful to you and Shiela your lovely wife.  We are so looking forward to seeing the photographs.    

We had many Bulgarian and British couples at the garden party who helped us Sue and Dave, Sue and Arthur, Mike and Jerry, June and Dave, Michelle Joanne, Katya, Venetta Nellie and the girls and many more not forgetting Stilian and all the staff and the children at the orphanage who worked very hard to ensure the day went off well.  You were all just brilliant!!  Thank you all for your support and help on the day you were just fantastic we could not have done it without you all.        

Nellie’s Girls
We had an offer of help from my friend and translator Nellie.  Nellie is a teacher in the Bulgarian School and she has set up a volunteer programme.  This is very exciting news and new to the school.  ‘The Volunteer Club 365’  were our support on the day six student arrived with Nellie and they were given the book stall to run and help with selling the Christmas stocking and the mugs fetching and caring and believe me when I say they were just fantastic.  They shone like the stars they are.  Well done girls we will try to find projects for them within the Silistra area – they will be helping with the Dimcho and also Malek and the Baby orphanage so if you need volunteers for a project do get in touch, you would have to contribute for their expenses. Sue and all our British volunteers commented on how fantastic and helpful the girls were nothing was too much trouble for them.  They were all happy to help where they could and are now looking forward to next years event.  They will be visiting the Dimcho on a regular basis to help  

Nellie and some of the girls from the Volunteering Club 365    

Valdi Totev &
Demmi
As you know Valid and Demmi were our guest stars and it was truly a pleasure to meet them both.  They arrived around 12pm and set up ready to go.  When they went on everyone just loved them. The children were singing the songs and dancing as well as the adults.  Valdi and Dimmi stole the show they were wonderful and they truly enjoyed themselves.  It was a true honor to meet such lovely people.  Valdi said they will be back next year.  They traveled over 100 kg to come and perform for us.  Thank you from myself, Dougie and Stilian and everyone else, a massive thank you to you both.  You made this event such a memorable day for the children and everyone else. You are both true stars!!

The children from the Dimcho
The children at the Dimcho had performed their singing and two dance routines. The older girls did a kind of Indian gypsy dance which was fantastic and they made all the costumes themselves.  The orphanage was a hive of activity all week with all the preparation from costume making to singing and dance rehearsals.    

Mike Sinclair
Mike was a candidate at the BG Xfactor and was happy to help us out by singing a song or two.  He contacted me and said he has released 3 CD’s in Bulgaria and he has decided he would take some of the CD’s to the Garden Party and sell them and all the profits would go to the Silistra Orphanage.  The was indeed a fantastic offer and Mike, true to his word came along, set up his table and proceeded to sell his CD and made  whopping 150lev.  Then he handed it over to me before he was taken away and interview by National Bulgarian TV.  Thank you Mike, you are just amazing.  We look forward to seeing you next year.

Here is Mike signing his CD’s for Christine &
Lester another wonderful couple.

Jonathan Taylor and Nicola Miller
Well what can I say;
Jonathan is my knight in shining amour an amazing man.  He stepped in at the last minute and covered the whole day events.  He hosted the day and did recording with everyone to ensure he had coverage of everything.  He was wonderful and kept us informed of all activities and events.  He even did an auction of the dolls.  I am so looking forward to hearing the recordings.  I have known Jonathan for a few years now and when he had GBRadio he often told people about our cause.  He was disappointed last year he could not make the Garden Party but come rain or shine he was determined to make it this year and it was Jonathan that told Valdi about our event, so we have to thank him for that too.  Jonathan you are an angel, thank you so much for looking out for us and the children of the Dimcho. We are truly grateful to you. You did fantastic!! We look forward to seeing you again next year.

Here is Jonathan recording events and also auctioning the dolls    

Here are some of the raffle prizes being given back to the orphanage        

Bulgarian National Television:
Ivelina and Christian came to film the garden party there were going to say for a while but ended up staying all day.  They start at our house at 7.30am then they filmed and interviewed all day. Thank you both for all your wonderful support you did a fantastic job and everyone lovely being interviewed.  There will be a film early next year March perhaps, hopefully we will obtain a copy and put it on our website.  It was really great to meet you both.  Thanks a million, you were wonderful!  

Finally: we had a brilliant day and thanks to EVERYONE who came along to support us and to all our wonderful volunteers on the day – You all did a fantastic!!.  We could not have done this without your help.  Thanks to your efforts and all our brilliant donors on the day we raised a whopping  2200 lev which is about £1100   This is just amazing and the funds will go toward the roof project so the children will be nice and warm this winter.  At first we were a little despondent when we were told the funds would go to the roofing project as we wanted the children to benefit, but then I thought we have already given the children so much, new shoes, clothes, computers, swimming pool, toys, tv’s and 2 Xboxes with 100’s of games plus we have provided all the shoeboxes and sweets for Christmas.  So the children have had a brilliant year so far and have all the necessities and more.

Next year we will be looking a sending the children on a holiday within Bulgaria, this was briefly discuss with the director I will have to wait to see what the outcome is but in the meantime, if any of you have any ideas of an activity holiday place for say 45 children and some staff, please do let us know. <!-- e --><a href="mailto:bulgarianorphanage@hotmail.co.uk">bulgarianorphanage@hotmail.co.uk</a><!-- e -->

Thanks also to Emma, Rick and Margaret, PC Howard Ltd, Tee Kay Packaging Gap, Next, Netmums, Freegle work colleagues and everyone who donated, helped and supported us in the UK. You all played your own little part in making the children’s lives so much more normal and comfortable and needless to say considerably happier so well done!!!  

We will look forward to starting collecting goods all over again in Feb 2012
What do you think of the new website photos below??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Berni &
Dougie
The Bulgarain Orphanage Appeal
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pictures taken 27.10.11
Back to top Go down
Carmen
Super user
Super user
Carmen

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 7:09 pm

What a lovely write up this is and it's easy to read and see why you all had a great day. The kindness of people here is amazing and yet even though we are all in tough times people are still willing to share what they have. Well done to all of you but especially Berni and her husband. Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 2706089290
Back to top Go down
BGTRAVELLER
Super user
Super user
BGTRAVELLER

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:13 pm

Excellent write of the day and all the other stuff Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 739492727
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:31 am

Wow what a wonderful day you all had. Hats off to you two what a lot of work you have put in. So pleased you had such great support from everyone. Ivalina is a friend of mine and told me she had a lovely time and was so impressed by the charity of all the British people. A credit to Britain. Very very well done. Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 1763269238 Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 570106603
Back to top Go down
Daisy
Super user
Super user
Daisy

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:44 am

I couldn't make it this year but what a great day you all seem to have had I feel I missed out badly on this but I'm going to try an organise myself better for the next one. I agree with oldun its quite incredible how the Brits are always willing to give to something like this but lets not forget how Berni has to work at it so a big well done to you Berni s
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
therowfamily

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:43 pm

Fantastic read and what an achievement for you and all your supporters, I was going to upload the latest update but this is fantastic Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 2706089290Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 2706089290Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 2706089290Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 2706089290
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Just had some photos for Nicola Miller who also attended the Garden Party she has put an album on our facebook link below
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:18 am

I'm sure the 2 characters above I've seen on Most wanted Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 1865348797 Only joking. but honestly if there were more people such as you 2 then I'm what I said in jest would be true they would all be most wanted by those in need. Brilliant work you both do and you should both be rewarded by the Bulgarian state for saving the lives of so many children and other too. Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 570106603 Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 2581928987
Back to top Go down
oddball
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:44 pm

davshaz wrote:
I'm sure the 2 characters above I've seen on Most wanted Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 1865348797 Only joking. but honestly if there were more people such as you 2 then I'm what I said in jest would be true they would all be most wanted by those in need. Brilliant work you both do and you should both be rewarded by the Bulgarian state for saving the lives of so many children and other too. Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 570106603 Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 2581928987

Oh bless you davshaz Angel Thank you so much for your lovely comments. Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 739492727
Back to top Go down
davshaz
Super user
Super user
davshaz

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 12:33 pm

:Fantastic: Well you both deserve it :Fantastic: :Fantastic: :Fantastic: :Fantastic:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011   Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silistra Orphanage Garden Party Sat 1st October 2011

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next